Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's the pits

It's the pits

I need some encouragement, why can't i bring myself to shave the pits? I shave my legs and chest but can not for some reason remove all that nasty hair. has anyone else had this problem?

Maybe you just don't want to deal with cleaning up all the nasty hair? Or that somehow, people are going to clock you as a CDer for shaving your armpits?

I have my pits waxed, doesn't sting as much as I thought. The hair grows back finer and each time it is less and less stingy. The nice thing is that I don't used hardly as much deodrant since the hair doesn't get in the way.
    Dana Fleming

GGG (Good Giving Game) GG MiamiMarie's Avatar
    Can you use an electric razor over a grabage can first? I imagine if you do this first, that a quick razor shave would be very easy.

Just do it, do not over analyze the situation.

Of all places that need to be shaved, the arm pits are number 1. I notice that I don't have nearly the irritation with my arm pits shaved, and the body odor is much less.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I actually enjoy shaving my armpits, it's a very feminine thing to do. It only takes a few minutes anyway.

I use my epilator on the arm pits. How brave is that! [The pain is unbelievable. It really is]

SUZY

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I shave my pits about once a week, when I just can't stand the hair anymore. One thing I've learned: the "gel" antiperspirants can sting a little bit that first day after shaving (I shave them in the shower).

I don't know why anyone, man, woman, neither, both or in-between, would want nasty smelly hairy armpits. I've been shaving mine since my teen years, and recently switched to an epilator. I just don't feel clean (and I know for sure that I smell worse) when they're not smooth.

If you're worried about people's reactions, first consider how many times people will see that part of your anatomy in male mode, then divide by about a million for the number of comments/concerns you'll hear about it. Nobody has ever mentioned anything about it to me in almost 40 years.

- Diane

funny thing, I don't get BO since shaving. And I use a lot LESS deodorant too. win win
    My GF calls me Sasha since being lost in the fog

I don't have a problem shaving the pits. It's my arm hair That I won"t shave.

I have been shaving/waxing mine for years and am certain many people both at work and the gym have noticed but no-one has ever commented about it. And smooth pits feel and look so good too!

I was like you and was scared to shave there because i figured i'd end up in out patients for stitches but it's not so.Use electric clippers then shave it with a blade.You'll love the feeling after and find it hard to ever go back to hairy armpits lol
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I think once you do it the first time,it becomes easier,am not sure anyone will notice under there in everyday male life anyway,only last night my wife saw my underarms werent shaved,said I was looking like a butch woman have never moved off my seat quicker in my life

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Crazy Lady
    A few years ago at my son's baseball game, a father was watching the game wearing a tank top and it looked like he had a tribble under each armpit. I could not understand how his wife could stand that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dena View Post
    I don't have a problem shaving the pits. It's my arm hair That I won"t shave.
    If you are a typical guy with terminal full hair, it would really be beneficial if you shaved your arms.

I have never been criticised for shaving my arms.

John

Shaving every part of my arms is a must, and I don't even give it a second thought. Why on earth would anyone have a problem with shaving the pits?

Do not have that problem. All hair below my eye brows is waxed, epilated, shaved or plucked... Do not like body hair!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

But Karren, would body hair make it warmer out on the ice?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tina L. View Post
    I need some encouragement, why can't i bring myself to shave the pits? I shave my legs and chest but can not for some reason remove all that nasty hair. has anyone else had this problem?
    you could always glue it down and use cover up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the happy camper
    Try just trimming it first. Take it down to about 1/4". Once you've had it like that for awhile without getting comments, you won't be as nervous about shaving it all the way off. (And who's going to see your pits in winter, anyway?)

I shaved my armpits about 15 years ago. At first, there was razor burn, but after the third or fourth try it became easier. Now I can say that the hair has never been a problem. Either it is so fine that I can't see it or it's not growing anymore.

i actually have the same problem, i shaved my legs for the first time only 3 days ago (im 18) it feels amazing i might add. but i can't get my self to shave my armpits, i would love too but for me the problem is that im still in high school and i would really prefer not to have rumors about me my final year. oh well

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireB View Post
    i actually have the same problem, i shaved my legs for the first time only 3 days ago (im 18) it feels amazing i might add. but i can't get my self to shave my armpits, i would love too but for me the problem is that im still in high school and i would really prefer not to have rumors about me my final year. oh well
    Be a man and shave your armpits. Don't be afraid of the namby-pambys that incite rumors. Take my word - it really cuts down on body odor and irritation. Before I shaved my armpits I really had problems with body odor and irritation. The irritation problem was so bad that I seriously had to consider skipping antipersperants but the body odor would then be overwhelming. After I started shaving my armpits I have never had problems with irritation.

John