Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Challenge.........as we enter into the "Traditional Weight Gaining Season"

Gold Member
    Wow, just saw this thread for the first time and it will get long. I have already started a small effort with a goal of 10 pounds list by Diva Las Vegas (April). So I will become a sideline cheerleader instead because I know you can all do it. And gain prevention during the holidays so you can lose some after isn't a bad goal either. Now find a dress one size too small and hang it on the wall as incentive!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Now find a dress one size too small and hang it on the wall as incentive!
    I have a nice cute blue dress that is too small for me. So I need to drop another 15 lbs.

My wife makes fun of me that I am loosing weight so I can have a girlish figure and fit into my dresses.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Aspiring Member
    Hi Maddy: It's Monday 12/13 @ 6am. I was a bad girl this weekend and my weight held steady@ 224#. I promise to make a real effeort this week an my goal is 220-221 my this time next Monday (12/22). BTW, in case I haven't said this is a great post!!

Danielle
    Last edited by Danielle Gee; 12-13-2010 at 06:05 AM. Reason: kayn't speel

Well you know what they say Danielle...Bad girls have more fun! lol I have been kind of watching what I eat but being off yesterday Maybe I was bad too. I ate 2 Bologna and cheese sandwiches for lunch and being lazy, had 2 more for dinner. Then indulged in some peanut butter and crackers for a snack. Not good. sigh...

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    This is the perfect time to start, if you can manage a weight loss through this time of year then you will make it through any time of year I have already lost 20+ lbs since Sept and plan to lose another 10-15, I am in.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Me bad again !!...236 up 1.2 lbs. from last weigh in. The net result was a 1 lb. loss last week. Got to get serious. Saw Dr. Oz. today on theTODAY show, he suggested to not only record your weight daily, but what you eat.....Good Idea !!!!
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Even after playing hockey last night (we won 5-2 ) I gained a pound to 179... So back on track... Banana for breakfast.... Yogurt for lunch.... Shovel some snow tonight for exercise..

Quote Originally Posted by Madilyn A. View Post
    s. Saw Dr. Oz. today on the TODAY show, he suggested to not only record your weight daily, !!
    I can't do that... If I don't step on the scale every morning I feel like I'm flying blind.... Not knowing if I can eat a lot or a little. Lol. Just one of my many obsessions of the day.
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-13-2010 at 09:07 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karren, It must be the hockey that's causing the gain. Make sure to take your skates off next time before you hit the scales....LOL !!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Well alrightie girls, I managed to stay level this weekend, this morning's weight in is 208. I do need to get serious and start some exercises all I'm doing is just portion control and this is why I'm not getting any where with this great opportunity, theres nothing better than peer presser, and support from your friends to help us get over our hump's and lump's ( yes a pun was intended ha! ha!) Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

So far I'm down 2lbs this week! And that was with all the bad food from the weekend.

Maybe we ought to post those bad things we consume as well. Thanks for the idea Brandy !! Yesterday, and this is terrible I know, and will definitely do better this week however yesterday: went to the mall with my wife, she shopped I went to a sports bar, had 4 Bud Lights (notice Light beer), split a bowl of potato soup, later a prosuitto (italian ham) and provolone cheese sandwich, about 1/4 can of mixed nuts, 5 Rolling Rock Pony bottles, (pony bottles, a girl needs to watch her weight after all ) and a pasta dinner with 5 meatballs and sausage. Now all that and picked up 1.1 lbs for the day........This week get serious and drop at least 5 lbs.......Wish me luck !!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Maybe we ought to post those bad things we consume as well. Thanks for the idea Brandy !! Yesterday, and this is terrible I know, and will definitely do better this week however yesterday: went to the mall with my wife, she shopped I went to a sports bar, had 4 Bud Lights (notice Light beer), split a bowl of potato soup, later a prosuitto (italian ham) and provolone cheese sandwich, about 1/4 can of mixed nuts, 5 Rolling Rock Pony bottles, (pony bottles, a girl needs to watch her weight after all ) and a pasta dinner with 5 meatballs and sausage. Now all that and picked up 1.1 lbs for the day........This week get serious and drop at least 5 lbs.......Wish me luck !!
    Now I am glad I can't drink more then 2 beers before it makes me feel bloated and before they no longer taste good to me. Odd, if I am hot from either hard outside work or a round of golf, I love a cold beer. Then a second one. But after 2, they just don't taste as good and if I am still thirsty, I switch to Jack and coke or rum and coke. But only while with the guys I played that round of golf with. Not after working outside. Now Madilyn, if you consumed just the mixed nuts, one beer...um, OK 2 beers, the prosciutti, provolone, meatballs and the sausage, you would have been OK. It's that pasta and the bread that gotcha. All carbs in anything made with white flour. Bad girl! But look who's talkin'! lol

Maybe we ought to post those bad things we consume as well.
    Ok ok...
    Wed. Pizza and 1/2 a coke
    Fri. Fried chicken
    Sat. double meat wataburger and sweet tea
    Sun. Cake Balls. Crab (its the butter that kills you)

Now I feel like I should walk a couple of laps around the building

Good luck Madilyn,
    I am working hard at it but looks like I will be struggling to loose any this week.

Sarah

Can't list all the bad things I ate at the Christmas party Saturday night, too many. As I said on Sunday I weighted in at 237lbs. up 1/2 lb from my starting weight. Today I weighted in at 234, all water weight, but only 1 1/2 lb from my weight Saturday morning. Yesterday my wife's pastor and wife had their Holiday open house and I only drank water, knd of proud of myself. We'll see what tomprrow brings, didn't workout today. Have the beginning of a cold so no cardio or strength training. Just some easy snow shoveling.
    Dana Fleming

I've heard from numerous gg friends who say to NOT weigh ourselves every day, but that just doesn't make sense to me. After 2 1/2 months it still amazes me to see a gain of 2 pounds the morning after eating pizza.

My sister is a dyed in the wool diet nerd. She says if you limit your foods to just vegetables, nuts, and small portions of meat, that you can eat as much as you want and still not gain weight. Have any of you heard that as well?

Oh, and I'm at the same 173 today as a week ago. Darn pizza sure tasted good though.

Ok, I'm in. I started dieting three days ago but it wasn't until today that I got up the nerve to measure myself. I haven't weighed myself yet and I don't think I will. I was shocked to see how much I have gained over the last couple of years. Years ago I got up to 230 and then got back down to 170-180 with a low carb diet and stayed there for a loooong time. I've probably gained half that back. I moved a couple of years ago and my discipline went all to hell as a result of the moving chaos and I never got back on track. I get plenty of exercise working on the farm and exercise makes me hungry. Low carb/ low cal works for me. I track my food intake and calories at http://fitday.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    .......... Low carb/ low cal works for me. I track my food intake and calories at http://fitday.com/.
    Yesterday, another step in the right direction, lost 1/2 lb. only; looking forward to a good week........Lots of great suggestions, need to check out fitday.com, sounds like what I need to keep focused.

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

This morning I was 232, so after 8 days I've lost 4.5 lbs total. Losing 2-4 lbs a week is healthy so i guess I'm healthy, except for a bit of a cold. Of course if I hadn't over indulged Saturday night I'd have lost more. But you know, I had a great time so it was worth it!
    Dana Fleming

Weight myself this morning - a disgusting 195 lbs. I have gained 7 lbs. since this past summer. Now I have to drop 20 lbs.

John

The website www.fitday.com is user friendly and also very informative. Based on everything I consumed today, I have the following totals. Included were 3 small slices of pizza and 1.5 large soft pretzels. The rest was all healthy however.

Total 2,284 calories, 94.9 grams. fat, 273.5 grams. carbs., 85.7 grams protein

According to my age, height and weight and general activity level I need to consume no more than about 2,100 calories to lose weight.......Some of you may find this site of interest in you quest towards weight lose and better health !

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Today down 1.3 from yesterday. Need this loss daily to be at my goal....Help !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Down to 231, slowly but surely.
    Dana Fleming

Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    I guess I'm healthy, except for a bit of a cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    Down to 231, slowly but surely.
    Well Dana, That cold seems to be working for you. Hope you get to feeling better soon though. It's not worth a cold to lose weight. After a seriously stressful interaction with a coworker, I lost 3 pounds in a single day. Again, not worth it!

Today down 1.3 from yesterday. Need this loss daily to be at my goal....Help !!!
    Hey Madilyn, congratulations! Are you exercising as well? I've been stuck at 173 for a week now. A gg friend says I've lost all the easy weight, now I have to work for the rest. I'm hoping for other options. What approach are you using?

a great website helper...........

Progress today, down 2.7 from yesterday, first interim goal only 2 lbs. away. Thanks again to Lilsissystevie for the www.fitday.com tip. I consumed fewer carbs, and calories yesterday, and knew how I was doing as a result of fitday.com. Interestingly, I was able to consume some "goodies", and still stay nurished and satisfied.......So how is eveyone doing so far ?

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn