Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe Full time would not be as fun

Maybe Full time would not be as fun

My CD activities have been in 4 to 12 hour compacted events.

I really enjoy my time in dresses and skirts. Getting Barb to pretty if that is possible) is the objective and then some affirmation at a restaurant or while traveling or shopping. Frankly, I put a lot of effort in looking my best, a lot of preparation and concentration. Even having to dress down to nice jeans loses something.

I have started thinking that living as a full time woman would be a lot harder, more work and a lot less fun. The fun or energy would have to come from someone who appreciated you, your efforts and what you put into looking like you do. I could see getting tired and feed up with the whole "dress to impress", especially if there was no one who cared.

Then there is real life: a job where you did not dress up, have to do laundering, cooking, going to Wal Mart. Youi know there is a big difference between how you "could" be looking and how you end up looking. I could see that being real depressing, a downer.

As a guy I can put on whatever, go to Lowe's, change oil, and have no expectation placed on me by anyone else. At least I do not feel any.

I think as a woman I would feel like I am being evaluated all the time, especially by other woman. Men look for an attractive gal and if she is not, then he just say “OK" and moves on. But as a woman, I think she is always comparing herself to other woman, how they prepared themselves or how she behaves (ladylike). She also knows others are doing that evaluation on her.

Or I am missing this all together?

If you really had to live as a woman all the time, would you want to?

Barb123
    Attached Images Attached Images

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I agree, Barb! I spend SO MUCH TIME AND ENERGY preparing for a "Sherry session"! At present, I only dress about every 2 weeks, so that's OK.
    But, I can't imagine doing that on a daily basis! Altho, I know MANY girls here DO!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Definitely!! I've done two and three day continuous stretches and I can't wait to put it all away and become a slob again! Lol. I'm just too lazy to be a woman full time.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I agree. After dressing up & making up every day and trying to be as femme as possible, it sure does feel good to take a break and return to my old male 'slobdom'. It only takes about 24 hours, though and the thought of my tight girly jeans hugging my butt while my silky cami carresses my skin and the feeling of bra straps reminding me......... and I;m quickly drawn back to being Donna once again!

I agree, it is nice to be a girl when I want to be. Perhaps if I didn't have the beard of Fred Flintstone (a friend once said I look like some of the wanted posters at the post office !!) it would be easier, right now I have to apply my beard concealer with a putty knife.

Quote Originally Posted by AKADonna View Post
    I agree. After dressing up & making up every day and trying to be as femme as possible, it sure does feel good to take a break and return to my old male 'slobdom'. It only takes about 24 hours, though and the thought of my tight girly jeans hugging my butt while my silky cami carresses my skin and the feeling of bra straps reminding me......... and I;m quickly drawn back to being Donna once again!
    I seem to be doing the same. I find that as full time as I like to be every so often I look forward to not shaving and crossdressing as a guy. The "fun" quickly wears off and I'm lucky if I can last the day without letting Michelle back out.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I dunno, I think most gals are just plain busy wearing their many "hats".
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 12-08-2010 at 01:11 PM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would like to try.

Seeing that women can dress up or down as the need arises, I think I could get used to it quite easily. If you go to the store, not all women are dressed up. In fact, most are not well dressed and some are down right horridly dressed.

I don't need to dress up all the time to be a girl, I just need to be me.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Full Time

[SIZE="3"]It seems to me, if one goes full time the novelty would wear off and thus be less fun. [/SIZE]

What makes you think a GG dresses up all the time? If she has to change the oil in her car she is going to put on grubby clothes the same as a guy. A quick trip to Walmart will tell you that GG's don't always dress up.

John

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    you do have a point there girlfriend, however here lately I've been living about 95% enfemme, and it seems that when I have to go back to drab mode for work it is depressing me more and more. So, for me at least, it seems all the extra effort is worth it.
    when in doubt, dress

The part I hate is the constant face and chest shaving, otherwise I would love to be a girl all the time. I feel feminine in both nice dresses and jeans.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I'm with Jacky83 here. Too much of a good thing changes it. It just doesn't seem that it would be nearly as much fun to be traipsing about in hair and makeup and baggy jeans, pullover top, running shoes, and cotton underwear!

It may be more comfortable and more appropriate for a trip to Lowe's, just not what I signed up for. When I get dressed, I wear heels and whatever it takes to go with them!
    [/SIZE]

I'm as close to full time as I can get right now. 6 days a week. most of the time I go out, it's en femme. Certainly there's more time involved in getting ready, I shave more and take showers more often, but worth every minute to me... I just feel better en femme.. am happier and feel good.

While I certainly do not desire going full-time, it might be fun to be enfemme for several days in a row. In one of the other threads, someone is going for the weekend to Biltmore house and will be enfemme from the moment she leaves home until she returns. I dream of having that kind of experience. I've been able to dress much more recently and the 'thrill' hasn't worn off.

I'm with those that say one doesn't have to dress up for every moment. Dressed for housekeeping or yard work is about as gender neutral as you can get. But (in my mind) it would still be a thrill to dress for the occasions that expect it or can be exploited for it.
    The discussion brings to mind a question Barb; obviously most of the writers dress to a higher standard en femme than they do drab, is that because the thrill is gone from dressing to impress as a male or was it never there?
    Sarah M..,
    Women's clothes? I don't put them on, I just grew into them.
    http://sarahjanus.wordpress.com
    www.facebook.com/sarah.m.janus

To many here, it seems that the only look requires heels and a skit or dress. And everything has to be perfect. To be a guy requires any old shirt and pants. On the transmen side, they all talk about wearing ties. Ties are the things that say 'I'm a guy." I suspect that very few of the responders here where a tie every day.
    I don't understand the thinking that you can only xdress if everything is perfect. Most women don't wear high heels, pantyose and a skirt or dress everyday----and don't want to. No more than you want to wear a tie.

If given opportunity and acceptance, I would go fem. It sounds like alot of work, because it is when a person is living with two lives. One fem & one drab, and switching back & forth.

If I could get away all my male mode stuff and think fem without a time limit, I would take the advantage. As mentioned earlier, just like my SO, I would wear more realistic daily clothing like pants instead of just skirts. A decent makeup job for me is about 15 min., after a shave and being oriental, the body hair isn't a big deal.

C'mon girls, no one ever heard of the GG's celebrating that its cold outside, thus wearing pants so they don't have to shave their legs? That's reality! We CD's try so hard to emulate what we want to be that we forget the most basic things of what women really want to wear. Sensible and comfortable. Like a t-shirt to sleep instead of a camisole or babydoll.

WW

I'm really happy with being en femme on a part-time basis. When I dress, it's my "thing" to do so very glamorously... it's sequin dresses, stockings, heels, feather boas, full make up every time. It's all part of it for me. We all approach it differently.

A lot of it, I think, is getting into a routine, which is I think might take away part of the thrill of crossdressing for some, that it breaks the routine.

I cannot remember the last time I wore men's jeans or trousers, or men's underwear for that matter. So, to some extent, I am crossdressed 24/7. However, I do not present as a woman anywhere close to that. Around the house I'm usually dressed in more casual jeans (shorts in summer) or jeans skirt and t-shirt, almost always wearing forms but rarely makeup and hairpiece. This is actually how I feel most in balance most of the time, both masculine and feminine simultaneously.

However, right up to the point that I'm ready to put on makeup, my morning routine is the same whether I'm going totally fem, totally masculine, or somewhere in between. I keep my legs shaved, and I shave my face as close as I can whether I'm putting on makeup or not. My chest gets shaved only as far as needed for the top that I'm wearing that day (my wife likes my chest hair), and all of those other places that hair seems to sprout get cleaned, like ears and nose. Other than putting on makeup and my hairpiece, my morning routine is the same.

My wife and I went on a 5 day Dignity cruise last month. Including the day prior to departure that we spent in New Orleans and the 2 days driving home afterwards, I was totally en femme for 8 days straight, and there was little extra effort above what I do at home. Just added makeup and hair, which meant getting up a half hour or 45 minutes earlier than usual.

I have to add that I try to wear the least amount of makeup that I can get away with. I had a makeup lesson at a MAC store a few years ago, and when the makeup artist asked what look I was going for, I said that I wanted to cover my (heavy) beard shadow, but look like I'm wearing either little or no makeup. That's my style that I'm the most comfortable with, and it changes little whether I'm going to the grocery store, to church, to the theatre, or to a dinner party. So, once the foundation is on to cover the beard shadow, I'm ready to go in about 10 or 15 minutes.

So, no, I disagree. I think I could easily go full en femme full time if that's what I wanted. But, like I said, I seem to be most in balance when I'm somewhere in between. For now, the time that I spend almost completely masculine seems to be offset by the time that I spend totally en femme. And most of the time I'm somewhere in between.

Bobbi

I guess that I am with the "lazy" ones as When I dress up it takes so much time to get the look that I want especially if I am going out. As far as being home anything goes as right now I have a jean skirt thigh highs and flats. No makeup and I definitely need a shave. I think it would just take up to much time. I have been to a weekend as my femme self and it was fun but did get tired of all the close shaving.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    As someone who is in transition, I can agree that the "fun" is different to what it was when I was part time, but I would definitely not want to go back.

Yes it takes a certain amount of effort to be presentable every day for work, but the freedom of being the real me more than compensates the extra effort.

At the moment, I am planning my wardrobe for the departmental Xmas weekend away, it's great fun working out what I'm going to wear for travelling, whether I'll wear my evening dress for dinner as well as the party or whether I'll change between the two; and things like how many pairs of shoes a girl can get away with taking on a 24 hour weekend

Those who have said that you don't have to "dress up" all the time are right - sometimes I'll just put on a denim dress and trimmings to nip out to the shops. I'm not so sure about needing slacks to be warm in winter. We have had sub zero temperatures around here for the last week to 10 days, but I find my long winter skirts and knee-high boots provide plenty of warmth. Yesterday, I wore my linen skirt with the embroidered handkerchief hemline, it was a bit of a pig to iron, but the feel of it swirling around as I walked was absolutely wonderful.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I guess you can't know for sure unless you tried it.Some girls who have srs regret it and some have finaly found peace.I like to daydream about it
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Quote Originally Posted by Barb123 View Post
    I think as a woman I would feel like I am being evaluated all the time, especially by other woman. Men look for an attractive gal and if she is not, then he just say “OK" and moves on. But as a woman, I think she is always comparing herself to other woman, how they prepared themselves or how she behaves (ladylike). She also knows others are doing that evaluation on her.

Or I am missing this all together?
    I hope you don't mind me answering this from a GG's POV.

I think what you're missing is that most of us GGs don't feel as if we are being judged by others when we go about our daily business. If you just look around, you'll see women dressed casually with minimal makeup, if they're even wearing any. They feel comfortable in who they are.

It's true that everyone enjoys seeing a beautiful and well-put together person (male or female), but that's just the cherry on top of the sundae. Most of us do judge others based on their demeanor, what they say, their body language, their actions, basically who we perceive they are inside. Not on how they look. Little things like fashion or makeup are inconsequential, really, in our day to day lives. It's not to say that when a woman dresses up for an outing, she doesn't care about her appearance, and if she is competing with other women for men's attention she might have a glance or two in their direction to check out the competition. But, most of the time she does go about her daily business just like everyone else.

I think it is CDers, more than anyone else, who place such a priority on looks and have such a critical eye for what others are wearing. And this does makes sense because CDs are constantly taking notes to see what they are missing, to determine how they can pass in a gender different than assigned at birth. And perhaps in the process, in order to feel better about themselves, some CDs (not all) get into the habit of comparing themselves to GGs who do not place such a priority on their looks.

Well, I suppose there are some non-CDs, namely small segments of people who also form opinions of others based on what they have and this extends to how they look, but for the most part, if I look around at all the people I interact with in my daily life, I do not feel judged by others based on my appearance.

Does any of this make sense to you? If you feel evaluated, it is perhaps not on a scale of makeup or fashion expertise, but maybe it is more about people trying to understand why a GM would want to dress as a GG. You and I, and the people in our community understand all of this, but people in the mainstream don't. My SO and I go out together dressed frequently, and she always presents and dresses beautifully. But, if we are stared at, I believe it is because she has been read and people are just trying to understand who they are seeing. They are not evaluating her makeup, her nails, her jewelry, or her choice of sweater, shoes, or dress, as a CDer would.

Maybe this is why many TSs cease to place so much importance on their looks. They've altered their appearance with HRT, electrolysis, perhaps FFS, so they begin to feel comfortable in not looking like men even with nothing on, and this gives them the confidence to just be who they are without so much emphasis on fashion and makeup?
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-08-2010 at 06:55 PM.
    Reine

I dress every day for 4 continuous days per month when I'm off on work trips. Unless I'm at a business meeting, I'm fully dressed. That really is about the right amount of time. Taking an hour or more (when things go wrong) every dressing is a lot of time. However, when it is time to fly home I'm always a bit sad. Sorry that my girlie time is over.
    Charlie