Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe Full time would not be as fun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Maybe Full time would not be as fun

My CD activities have been in 4 to 12 hour compacted events.

I really enjoy my time in dresses and skirts. Getting Barb to pretty if that is possible) is the objective and then some affirmation at a restaurant or while traveling or shopping. Frankly, I put a lot of effort in looking my best, a lot of preparation and concentration. Even having to dress down to nice jeans loses something.

I have started thinking that living as a full time woman would be a lot harder, more work and a lot less fun. The fun or energy would have to come from someone who appreciated you, your efforts and what you put into looking like you do. I could see getting tired and feed up with the whole "dress to impress", especially if there was no one who cared.

Then there is real life: a job where you did not dress up, have to do laundering, cooking, going to Wal Mart. Youi know there is a big difference between how you "could" be looking and how you end up looking. I could see that being real depressing, a downer.

As a guy I can put on whatever, go to Lowe's, change oil, and have no expectation placed on me by anyone else. At least I do not feel any.

I think as a woman I would feel like I am being evaluated all the time, especially by other woman. Men look for an attractive gal and if she is not, then he just say “OK" and moves on. But as a woman, I think she is always comparing herself to other woman, how they prepared themselves or how she behaves (ladylike). She also knows others are doing that evaluation on her.

Or I am missing this all together?

If you really had to live as a woman all the time, would you want to?

Barb123
    Attached Images Attached Images

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I agree, Barb! I spend SO MUCH TIME AND ENERGY preparing for a "Sherry session"! At present, I only dress about every 2 weeks, so that's OK.
    But, I can't imagine doing that on a daily basis! Altho, I know MANY girls here DO!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Definitely!! I've done two and three day continuous stretches and I can't wait to put it all away and become a slob again! Lol. I'm just too lazy to be a woman full time.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I agree. After dressing up & making up every day and trying to be as femme as possible, it sure does feel good to take a break and return to my old male 'slobdom'. It only takes about 24 hours, though and the thought of my tight girly jeans hugging my butt while my silky cami carresses my skin and the feeling of bra straps reminding me......... and I;m quickly drawn back to being Donna once again!

Quote Originally Posted by AKADonna View Post
    I agree. After dressing up & making up every day and trying to be as femme as possible, it sure does feel good to take a break and return to my old male 'slobdom'. It only takes about 24 hours, though and the thought of my tight girly jeans hugging my butt while my silky cami carresses my skin and the feeling of bra straps reminding me......... and I;m quickly drawn back to being Donna once again!
    I seem to be doing the same. I find that as full time as I like to be every so often I look forward to not shaving and crossdressing as a guy. The "fun" quickly wears off and I'm lucky if I can last the day without letting Michelle back out.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I dunno, I think most gals are just plain busy wearing their many "hats".
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 12-08-2010 at 01:11 PM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would like to try.

Seeing that women can dress up or down as the need arises, I think I could get used to it quite easily. If you go to the store, not all women are dressed up. In fact, most are not well dressed and some are down right horridly dressed.

I don't need to dress up all the time to be a girl, I just need to be me.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I agree, it is nice to be a girl when I want to be. Perhaps if I didn't have the beard of Fred Flintstone (a friend once said I look like some of the wanted posters at the post office !!) it would be easier, right now I have to apply my beard concealer with a putty knife.

I guess you can't know for sure unless you tried it.Some girls who have srs regret it and some have finaly found peace.I like to daydream about it
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Quote Originally Posted by Barb123 View Post
    I think as a woman I would feel like I am being evaluated all the time, especially by other woman. Men look for an attractive gal and if she is not, then he just say “OK" and moves on. But as a woman, I think she is always comparing herself to other woman, how they prepared themselves or how she behaves (ladylike). She also knows others are doing that evaluation on her.

I hope you don't mind me answering this from a GG's POV.

I think what you're missing is that most of us GGs don't feel as if we are being judged by others when we go about our daily business. If you just look around, you'll see women dressed casually with minimal makeup, if they're even wearing any. They feel comfortable in who they are.

It's true that everyone enjoys seeing a beautiful and well-put together person (male or female), but that's just the cherry on top of the sundae. Most of us do judge others based on their demeanor, what they say, their body language, their actions, basically who we perceive they are inside. Not on how they look. Little things like fashion or makeup are inconsequential, really, in our day to day lives. It's not to say that when a woman dresses up for an outing, she doesn't care about her appearance, and if she is competing with other women for men's attention she might have a glance or two in their direction to check out the competition. But, most of the time she does go about her daily business just like everyone else.

I think it is CDers, more than anyone else, who place such a priority on looks and have such a critical eye for what others are wearing. And this does makes sense because CDs are constantly taking notes to see what they are missing, to determine how they can pass in a gender different than assigned at birth. And perhaps in the process, in order to feel better about themselves, some CDs (not all) get into the habit of comparing themselves to GGs who do not place such a priority on their looks.

Well, I suppose there are some non-CDs, namely small segments of people who also form opinions of others based on what they have and this extends to how they look, but for the most part, if I look around at all the people I interact with in my daily life, I do not feel judged by others based on my appearance.

Does any of this make sense to you? If you feel evaluated, it is perhaps not on a scale of makeup or fashion expertise, but maybe it is more about people trying to understand why a GM would want to dress as a GG. You and I, and the people in our community understand all of this, but people in the mainstream don't. My SO and I go out together dressed frequently, and she always presents and dresses beautifully. But, if we are stared at, I believe it is because she has been read and people are just trying to understand who they are seeing. They are not evaluating her makeup, her nails, her jewelry, or her choice of sweater, shoes, or dress, as a CDer would.

Maybe this is why many TSs cease to place so much importance on their looks. They've altered their appearance with HRT, electrolysis, perhaps FFS, so they begin to feel comfortable in not looking like men even with nothing on, and this gives them the confidence to just be who they are without so much emphasis on fashion and makeup?
    Last edited by ReineD; 12-08-2010 at 06:55 PM.
    Reine

I dress every day for 4 continuous days per month when I'm off on work trips. Unless I'm at a business meeting, I'm fully dressed. That really is about the right amount of time. Taking an hour or more (when things go wrong) every dressing is a lot of time. However, when it is time to fly home I'm always a bit sad. Sorry that my girlie time is over.
    Charlie

well i try to be loni as much as i can, even doing car work in-fem. (sorry karren) but i do cut fire wood while i am in a pair of skinny jeans, would hate to get my skirt caught in the chain..and i do not want someone looking up my skirt if i am under the jeep.
    but if a gg must do such i try to do such. yes wig forms and all.

so i guess i can say i am almost living full time. but the job is almost all drab. company required outer things.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I agree, it's so much work to present as a fully made up woman 24/7 but even women have their down time. We just over compensate our looks hence we have to work harder at it.

When I wax my beard and take a trip to japan I'll go for a few days en femme!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiemead12 View Post
    I agree, it's so much work to present as a fully made up woman 24/7 but even women have their down time. We just over compensate our looks hence we have to work harder at it.

When I wax my beard and take a trip to japan I'll go for a few days en femme!

yes i agree it is alot of work, i guess if i were much more passable and felt totally confident being fem it would be easier to stay en fem all the time.

I understand this topic seems to assume a generalized perspective vantage point. If looking at acumen and physical “labor” females devote toward even their basic appearance, I agree that recognition is certainly due. Compared to a female, a male pales in devotion to detail devoted to physical appearance before going out in public.

But if the due diligence in “female appearance maintenance” is being viewed in terms of a comparison between a genetic male and genetic female, where both share a common goal (displaying a public image which is socially perceived as “female”), a few basic factors seem to have been overlooked here. One critical factor being “genetic sex”.

Attempting to “compare” the effort required by a genetic male to “pass” as a female…with the effort required by a genetic female to present as a “female” within the context of implying both are starting from a “level playing field”, is applying an invalid assumption.

A genetic male has a host of obstacles to mask or modify prior to reaching a point that even vaguely resembles a “level playing field” starting point (where both begin “getting dressed & ready to go out in public“).

In my opinion, much of the “preparation” and “maintenance” required to be female, may not be as exhaustive to females as it appears to be for the genetic males endeavoring to “pass” as females. Genetic females have the advantage of having female physical attributes to start with. The also have acquired the tips and shortcuts gained over a lifetime of growing up female. Thus, what takes a CD hours to accomplish (in appearance), can be perfected in 15 minutes by the typical female. It has just become a simple “routine”, like face shaving is for a male.

Many of the things females have mastered and do easily, will always require substantial effort on the part of a CD.

Hey, let’s face it, being a CD is not an easy job. But somebody has got to do it, right?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree . It IS a lot of work. Maybe that is one reason that GG's are presenting the way they are nowadays. There are surely a lot less June Cleavers amongst the populus in the 21st century than there was 50-60 years ago. More women HAVE to work, and many less stay at home, maybe equals a little bit of a time constraint for them too.

I wonder sometimes, The initial thought is, living full time would be great. But I bekieve that you are right, after the initial break in period. I am not sure that the fun would still be there. I would love to have more "Raychel Time", But as far as giong full time. I am thinking that is probably not the best idea.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I agree with Eluzion and add in that it all has to do with "natural femininity"..A gg USUALLY has it already!lol We don't[some of us],so our work is in creating "passability".There are some more natural beauties on here that can pull off a range of looks with little effort while most of us can't...That is where the sunglasses and hats come into it..lol Or the sweatpants with something like PINK across the butt..[attractor].

I'm with Karen. It is too much work. "Lazy" is my middle name.

I retired 3 years ago, and wear nothing but a dress around the house. I do not go out dressed. As is the case with most GG's, I don't put make-up on most days. Occasionally though, I'll put on everything including long nails. On those days I usually will do a fancy dinner for my wife and myself. She loves it. It is those days that makes me feel super feminine. The other days I an just Linda. When we go out shopping, I always wear panties, and my wife will ask me to put on a dress when we return home. Life is great!

Since I retired I will go 24/4 or 5, as Tina, just as any other women does, many days it's just a pair of Capri's knit top and a pair of flats, no wig and no makeup. The house work gets done I feel feminine, and I'm dressed as fast as when in drab. Some days it's nylons, heels and everything that goes with it, thats days I'm not mopping floors or something. Five years of it and it hasn't gotten old yet!
    Tina B.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Isn't it really locked into our goals as male to female transgenders? For those of us who really do not like presenting as men, it's got to be heaven to be able to be the women they wish to be, regardless of the struggles. In fact, those struggles would become a badge of honor in the process.

For the rest of us who want to be a part of both genders, the method, frequency, and duration of transformation will reflect not only the desires of our transgendered selves, but also the situation in which we find ourselves. I would surely like to attempt a set of longer-duration transformations in order to gain the understanding of what that means, especially all the little details that would be required to maintain the feminine gender smoothly and consistently. Since I don't want to lose my masculine self, I'm pretty sure that my femme self find that a turnabout had happened: right now I yearn to transform to Tina as I'm mostly male at this point, so I'm pretty sure the as Tina for a period of time that yearning to go back to being male for a while would grow.

We are who we are

tina

I am pretty much dressed all the time. Neither sex is fun all the time but instead I see myself as female so it is right more so than fun.
    SRS January 27

I dress whenever I feel like it. My femme clothing is a cross between street casual (which I shlep around at home in), and dressy/socializing/cocktail. I yearn to go out in public as much as possible, not because I am an exhibitionist, but because I crave anonymity as a woman. It's something tat takes some skill, and I'm up for the challenge. I want to look as believable as possible to anyone, at any given time, and am planning on doing electrolysis & laser after the holiday season. I've even lost close to 30 lbs in a year and a half just to look more feminine. I grew tired of looking like the bloke who did bench presses and free weights, then ended up looking like a fat shlub after I fell of the excersise routine and quaffed a few beers....basically I looked like every other bloke out there. Now I'm hoping to grow my hair down past my shoulders.

Oh yeah, and there's still a strong part of me that likes to be a guy, and do manly things......weird, eh?
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 12-09-2010 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barb123 View Post
    ....... As a guy I can put on whatever, go to Lowe's, change oil, and have no expectation placed on me by anyone else. At least I do not feel any.

Next time you go to Walmart, find a place to sit and watch the "genuine" women shopping there. Who are they trying to impress?

Check some of the photos here:
    http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

You can live as a woman and dress however you wish. Just remember to shave and sit down to pee!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda