Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm never going out in DRAG again.....

Platinum Member
    I like to at least believe that I'm dressing in an age appropriate, and situation appropriate manner. If we're haning around on the patio I'll wear a little cotton skirt and a halter top. When I'm working, Its business causal and top and if I really want to feel dressed up, one of my nicer sweater dresses with a belt, stockings and heels. And if we're getting ready for bed, I have been know to don a garter, black stockings and a lacy bra or a teddy. Depending all upon my mood and my wife's.

Mary Kriss, you don't look old or frumpy, in your avatar! Wow! Nothing beats a LBD, hose and high heels!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    That's it.... I'm done.... Not ever again! I bought a new dress last week and it fit fine and I loved the color but it was way way way to young for me to wear out in public... And I thought.... Who am I trying to fool.... I'm no spring chick and particularly not a girl any more... When I drove home enfemme Tuesday I dressed more my age. Womanly. Not girly.. So no more going out in drag.... I'm going out in draf.... Dressed as a female or draw... Dressed as a woman... And since I'm making changes when I change back I'm going back to dram... Dressed as a man! Lol. Yeah dressing young is fun but when your my age.... Its not pretty!! Who's with me??
    Excellent point made here.
    I see WAY too many Cd's NOT dressing their age. Perhaps if they did dress their age, there would be more acceptance in public?

It's always been my intention to dress age appropriate as I really want to mingle and be in public but it is so much fun to dress up a little more for special occasions and wear a little more reaveling or daring clothes!

Well ohh sarcarstic goddess that you are.! NOW you want to be the voice of reason????? OK OK OK i'm in your draw camp

you win

hugs
    ps i'm going to have to change my signature pic now....thanks a lot!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Account is closed
    I say man up and wear that too young dress. It's not like you have any reason not to. I could see if you were wearing teenage fashion to work and you were say 70 but as you are just going out for self enjoyment, what's the harm?
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Karren, just looking at your photo, you look very feminine. I will not philosophise here but you should do what you are comfortable with doing. You do not mention your age and I would not ask someone their age, so just dress the appropriate age. Again, I think that you look great!
    Love, Sabrina

Save the dress. The mood will strike you (and you know it) and then it will be there for you. Better yet, put it on and send us a picture.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I THINK I'm with u on this one, Karren!

I'm nearly 14 as a CD. But, dressing that young is REDICULOUS!

So, I've devised a FORMULA for ALL CDs to "dress their age"!

First, subtract your CD age from your cronological age! (Mine's, about 60).

60 minus 14= 46

Then, divide by the number of folks involved in your dressed. ( In my case, 2. Sherry and I)

46 divided by 2= 23

There u have it! I SHOULD PROPERLY dress as a 23 y/o! Which, I VOW TO DO from now on!
    ( No more 14 y/o's. Unless I dress as a 38 y/o the VERY NEXT time!)

Whew! I'm GLAD THAT issue is FINALLY SETTLED! Can we move on now!?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-09-2010 at 08:18 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I always dress my age. I just had my 22nd 29th birthday.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    OMG does this mean that we may see Karren Hutton walking down the street in a pair of jeans and a comfy sweater! Better yet one of those Christmas sweaters with the giant moose on it wearing a Santa Hat?

I gave up the hoochie dresses a couple of years back. I made a rule for myself. If I don't want to see my daughter or wife in it then I won't wear it.

Karren you may dress older but class has always been your style. Stylish class has no age dear.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I agree with Karen. My teens and 20's are far behind me. Sometimes I get upset thinking about what I could have been or how far I might have went with this If I could have went out in public sooner. If it were as socialy acceptable when I was younger as It is now, who knows where i would be now. For now I just try to dress a late 30's earlyto mid 40's look, even though I am alittle older.

Banned Read only
    I'm never going out in DRAG again.....
    That's it.... I'm done.... Not ever again! I bought a new dress last week and it fit fine and I loved the color but it was way way way to young for me to wear out in public... And I thought.... Who am I trying to fool.... I'm no spring chick and particularly not a girl any more... When I drove home enfemme Tuesday I dressed more my age. Womanly. Not girly.. So no more going out in drag.... I'm going out in draf.... Dressed as a female or draw... Dressed as a woman... And since I'm making changes when I change back I'm going back to dram... Dressed as a man! Lol. Yeah dressing young is fun but when your my age.... Its not pretty!! Who's with me??
    Geez. What got into you. You were my hero....until this. This whole thing is a fantasy for most of us, so go all the way hon! I'm not attracted to frumps, so why would I dress like one? I dress for me, and to entertain myself. If you got it, flaunt it while you still can! And lets not hear any more of this frump talk.

I'm 60 and came to the same conclusion until I went on a Carnival Cruise to Mexico. All the older ladies were going to the clubs on board in short skirts. And they looked hot. I now try to look like they did.
    Charlie

I'm with you, Karren! I don't think that you look all that old, but I'm trying to dress "age appropriate" mayself--not frumpy or matronly, just in styles that are befitting of my maturity--lol!
    warmly, Linnea

You got the look so fluant it while you can
    You are as young as your heart is.
    Life is too short to dress like a grandma.
    I am sure that in your heart you would like to dress as you want,So who cares if the dress is young as long as you gain your personal satisfaction,My motto would be dress as you want and not someones pereption of what you should look like
    Last edited by seyken; 12-09-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    I like Docrobbysherry "FORMULA", I will have to carry ID now!! Lol.. I feel much younger dress than as a male. Maybe because I spent most my life as a male and the feminine side is just starting to show herself. So when other estimate my age at around 40, Woo, hoo!! I'm not going to tell them anything different, girls lie don't they.. So if dressing somewhat younger than I'm really am, makes me feel younger, what the heck. I'm going sexier, shorter, more relieving.. Not..well not all the time anyway..

Tanya

Banned Read only
    Please yourself Hon. No one else is going to.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I've pretty much always dressed to my actual age. I just feel more natural and comfortable that way.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...4&type=profile WDW Well dressed woman

That is what my wife finally said the other day when my new dress arrived.

I am almost 67 and very tall. When I am seen in public I want them to see WDW and go wow she is tall!

If I could only walk and talk!!!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

Am i correct thinking the implecation of DRAG is 'dressesd as girly'?
    regent,

Banned Read only
    Stop whineing and feeling sorry for yourself. Get into a mini skirt and heels and get with the program!

Dress my age... YUCK... MOST of the women around here my age are dumpy frumpy baggy pants droopy saggy boobs skanks and NO WAY I'm dressing like that.. Summer is even worse.. OMG.. horrendous.. MOO MOOS and flip flops... YUCK

Dress my age? It makes me think of.. whaddya call those... um.. MOM PANTS I think they are.. the ones with no button or zipper and the elastic wasit band.. YUCK... Granny pants.. YUCK...

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    I knew I had arrived when a GG friend described my look as MATRONLY !
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    And lets not hear any more of this frump talk.
    Just because we choose to dress according to out age, does not make us look frumpy. Granted some people will choose that look, but I dress to my age and none of the girls at work have ever accused me of being a frump.

Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    Dress my age... YUCK... MOST of the women around here my age are dumpy frumpy baggy pants droopy saggy boobs skanks and NO WAY I'm dressing like that..
    If you haven't got any decent examples of "dressing your age" then I can see how you would make those comments. None of that has to apply. There are plenty of women my age who dress well - according to an Italian friend who could make a fashion statement dressed only in a horse blanket I am one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa Stevens View Post
    I've pretty much always dressed to my actual age. I just feel more natural and comfortable that way.
    I did try some stuff that was too young for me, but I soon realised that it wasn't my style, so I'm with Lissa on this one.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity