Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To the basics: Why do you cross-dress?

To the basics: Why do you cross-dress?

This is something I'm VERY curious about! This question strikes me as one of the most pertinent and informative questions I could ask myself even:

Why do YOU cross-dress?

I can speculate as much as I want about others and I'm sure, for the most part, we know most of the reasons why each of us do. Typically I'd assume it's to express a feminine side that is screaming to get out. Or maybe it's just a simple hobby that you find entertaining. Possibly a sexual excitement for some. It could be a way to express feeling equally one gender as the other. Or maybe you are an entertainer and it's part of your current job. But sometimes I wonder if there are alternative reasons that some people have that I might be completely unaware of.

I could read through the thousands of posts to find some specific answers, but I thought I'd bulk it into a single new thread. This might be one people will enjoy searching inside themselves about, or maybe one that new members (like myself) can see and directly relate to!

So what is that driving primary reason for YOU?
    [SIZE="2"]"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not"[/SIZE]

Because I'm driven to!! I have no clue why except my mother telling me I was supposed to have been a girl... Telling me a lot...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Plain and simple I enjoy it, it isnt hurting anyone and Im just wired this way.

I drove myself crazy for few years trying to figure out the why; maybe an answer will come in time.
    The when, where and how interest me more these days.

I gave up trying to rationalize my dressing a long time ago. I don't really need a reason, I dress simply because I LOVE IT!
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

It feels natural for me. 'nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by Cari View Post
    Plain and simple I enjoy it.
    Lol, that about sums it up

Anyway, dont know; dont think anybody really knows; i enjoy expressing that feminine side as u said, and i like the way i look - and, apart the enjoyment part - it probably is becouse i like how i look as well.

But for me, its the femme side expressing that its all about. But - call me superficial - if i didnt looke god doing it - i wouldnt feel such expression, lol.

When im dressed up, its really the right close for that side of my personality - its nothing more or less.
    No sexual enjoyment from it, nothing like that; its just a more fitting suit for that gentle, but still quite crazy side of my personality.

As a man, people percieve me as kind of a rocker; en femme - im stil the 'rock girl'; so its not a switch of personality - its just a fisically more...umm.. well, probably more gentle and 'posh-rock', kinda ...the side of me that pays more attention to my body thats out there.

So, besides the feminine expression - its the 'taking care of my body' part that also has alot to do with the whole thing.

Good topic, though, i might come back as i get new ..well, not ideas, as i find the words that can describe what i really want to say, lol.
    Last edited by TianaCross; 12-09-2010 at 06:19 PM.

Platinum Member
    For me, it feels right to be in women's clothing. Why...I think because of some genetic or hormonal predisposition. I've been this way as long as I can remember.

the happy camper
    I've come to view this question as being equivalent to "Why do you like to eat chocolate?"

Do I have to have a good reason in order to do something I enjoy?

I'm sure there are deep psychological reasons for why the desire took hold in my mind, just as there are physiological reasons for why I like chocolate, but what purpose would be served by trying to unravel them? It seems like a lot of hand-wringing for nothing.

Well, personally, i always love to find out every bit of myself - thats one of the reasons i crossdress - so i really think it is a good topic - but im one of those people that would like to find an answer even to the question 'why i like chocolate'

Its a legitimate question - why do YOU crossdress... well, i think its a good topic, lol

I have no idea. I know it must be done and I know I cannot resist the urge. Maybe I am weak but after doing this for over 40 years, I have decided to stop fighting it...

I just like to. When I was younger there was certainly a more overt sexual side to it. I would dress up and pop one off and then undress. That aspect diminished after my wife found out and I was able to dress at will instead of stealing precious moments when she was not around. I guess that the forbidden, and therefore more exciting, nature of dressing in secret increased the sexual arousal.

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by TianaCross View Post
    Well, personally, i always love to find out every bit of myself - thats one of the reasons i crossdress - so i really think it is a good topic - but im one of those people that would like to find an answer even to the question 'why i like chocolate'

Its a legitimate question - why do YOU crossdress... well, i think its a good topic, lol
    When I was 27, I wanted to know why also. Twenty years later I'm like whatever... just pass me my stockings.

I try not to think about "why" I always have and despite what others have felt I have never felt ashamed -- only embarressed, and lately that doesn't bother me much any more. Regardless the "urge" is always there and I do so because I want to present as a woman when I am derssed. It feels so fullfilling

I wish that I knew the answer to this provocative question. I can say this, that I find it exciting to get "dressed up." Sometimes my hands still shake as I apply makeup and the silky feeling of slips, panties and pantyhose brings a smile. When my feet slide into a pair of high heels, I feel such a high. Finally when I put on that wig and look in the mirror, I am at the zenith of ecstacy. I thank God that I am a crossdresser and I am also appreciative that I can share my feelings with all of you!
    Love, Sabrina

I would have to agree with Sabrina. I just love it it makes me feel so good and it lets me escape the problems my male self has when I'm dressed up. I'm so carefree I'm so alive I'm so HAPPY

-Mara

Being femme feels completely natural to me.
    No closet is big enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie86 View Post
    When I was 27, I wanted to know why also. Twenty years later I'm like whatever... just pass me my stockings.
    or chocolate?

lol, well, perhaps it is that...although never mind my age, i kinda love to search every psychological issue... guess im trying to say this - its not only the thing with CDing that the 'why' interest me, its everything...maybe it will, indeed, stop someday...but i dont think it will, just like the CDing

and btw, i too am in the 'pass me my stockings' mood... just like to search the whole universe of the human mind

I've always cross dressed. I don't know why & don't care anymore. Stopped trying to figure that one out along time ago. It is just who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie86 View Post
    I've come to view this question as being equivalent to "Why do you like to eat chocolate?"

Do I have to have a good reason in order to do something I enjoy?

I'm sure there are deep psychological reasons for why the desire took hold in my mind, just as there are physiological reasons for why I like chocolate, but what purpose would be served by trying to unravel them? It seems like a lot of hand-wringing for nothing.
    Sophie, I agree entirely about the simplicity and logic of self-acceptance. Albeit, I'm the type to really explore the soul on such things. You're right, you don't need a reason at all and maybe it's as basic as a predisposition to chocolate, though I'd say the desire for chocolate creates way less adversity! I'd never ask anyone with the intention of implying you NEED a reason. It's nothing more than curiosity. If you're the type who sees no purpose in "why" then more power to ya! =)
    [SIZE="2"]"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not"[/SIZE]

One of the greatest things about this community is that many of us have now got past this stage!

Why do people climb mountains? Why do people sail the oceans? The usual response is that they are there... yeah, there is challenge involved, but why do individuals do specific "stuff"? Like clothes are there!

For better or worse I tried it, liked it, got hooked, then went into denial for years because of society pressure, then recently realised that that is all it is about... why do women shave their legs? What are the historical beginnings of this? A lot of the things women do is because it feels great and it is... so what if men thought of nude, hairless bodies first? Would things be different now?

We can over-analyse this stuff... I do it because I like it. It is a major challenge - the path that I am taking, but less challenging than others' paths - and it gives me profound joy and a feeling of being at one with the universe and myself.

So it isn't a why for me anymore... it is a how...

xx
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Well said, Kaz. So far from the responses, I'm picking up a trend. With experience, comes acceptance. Maybe the question "why" and me yearning to find answers for myself coincides with my complete lack of experience. Inner adversity might be something that time and practice can soothe? No doubt the same could be said for any remotely synonymous thing in life.

The absolute LAST thing I want anyone to think is that I'm implying "why" is a question you need to ask yourself! It's just a question that I ask myself and felt curious to ask others about. My apologies to anyone who felt intruded upon!!

Now is easy for me to really feel good and to receive the attention of guys

Hey Spotlessmind,

Most of us are always asking why...? This will also never really go away... acceptance is a compromise for many of us. For some it is easier or at least simpler... but we all struggle with this. I guess that is why we are here...

xx
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

yes, but there are people who like to go into 'why' as much as they like CDing...lol, im just saying that its... well, atleast with me... a fascination with every/any 'why'... why do people do the things they do...

And, as Sophie said, it could be becouse of my age that i personally am interested in this...but i dont think so, as i CD for as long as i remember and never felt anything bad regarding that... i would, for example, like to know why do i like white chocolate more then black chocolate...etc.

Its there, 'it just is' and theres no question about that...but some people have the fascination with eveyithing around them, and i consider myself one of them... its just a thing to think about, while geting into stilettoes

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How ELSE can I get with a young, hot babe!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!