Thread: I have flown pretty

I have flown pretty

I was on a work trip this week and I dressed up and went out every evening (and talked to the hotel staff on couple occasions). On the last day, I dressed up, returned my rental, rode the bus to the terminal. I went through security (used the scanner), sat at my gate and sat between a woman and a man. I talked to a woman about this other person who was talking a lot of crazy stuff on her phone out loud. (It was hilarious!) Took my flight riding between a window and a 60 year old woman. I collected my luggage while standing and talking with the same woman. Then I waited for the bus to the parking lot. A man who I think saw what I was wearing talked to me for a few minutes. We discussed work. I rode the bus to my truck. Then, I drove home and stopped by Dress Barn on the way.

I have relaxed so much that when I changed clothes at the end of the day, I was not drenched in sweat.

In all that I did this week, I never wore make up or a wig. I was a man in a skirt and no one really cared. They looked at my face, then looked at my clothes, then they looked at my face and then they looked away. Ask your lady friends if people look at their shoes. I think women immediately were looking at my shoes (flats). I wonder if they do that to each other. I believe that the men were looking less specifically at my feet and more at my skirt, legs, shoes in general.

Woo HOO!!!

-- I am running out of things that I haven't done. Does this mean I have to quit?

Congratulations in joining the flying club if you weren't part of it already! However, you also joined a separate section for those who have even more guts than the rest of us . Couldn't do it without the wig and makeup myself.

To borrow a quote, "Great to have you aboard!"

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

The airports sure are getting crowded!

One of my goals is to someday fly pretty. Stories like yours make me think that this goal is attainable for me! Thanks for sharing.

Going out with my man head and a skirt is so freeing! It seems so backward. I cannot hide or pass. I am obviously a dude in a skirt. I guess once you get the secret out into the open, then there's nothing left to worry about. I'm thinking about old Randy Pausch saying, "If there is an elephant in the room, introduce it." Everyone knows what is going on. Then they have to deal with the truth that I am dressed weird. No one does anything about it. They look at me and then they go about their business. If I speak to them, they seem authentic and natural toward me. However, I think people are not as prone to speak to me first.

Two benefits of wearing womens' clothes to the airport:
    1. Taking off and putting on shoes in security is easier.
    2. None of those annoying credit card sales people speak to you! (Worth being caught dressed by a friend.)

One of my favorite moments was standing after the full body scanner next to a young woman waiting for the OK to advance. She and I were standing there in our stocking feet together.

As for security, I figured it was going to be OK. I asked the lady where I checked my bag if I was going to have trouble with security. She said she did not think so. Then she said she would hold my bag for a few minutes in case I came back and needed some clothes. I thought that was very nice (US Airways). When I went through security, I could not tell if they even noticed how I was dressed based on how they reacted to me. I did not get the standard up-down-up look. It was interesting.

You have more guts than I do. I would love to fly pretty, but not without a wig & makeup.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

the only way i could fly pretty is on a broom

I remembered something else interesting that happened. I went to the men's room and used a stall because I was tucked to avoid a bulge. I wonder if that guy in the next stall saw my hosed ankles and femme shoes as I stood there and peed. Anyhow, while washing my hands, I noticed that my blouse was tucked in, but the shirt I had on under my blouse was not tucked in. I wear an undershirt because CDing can be stressful and I sweat when stressed. I decided to go ahead and pull out my blouse and re-tuck everything. As soon as I got started, three men appeared. One was at a urinal and he was looking over his shoulder at me. He didn't notice that I could see him in the mirror. That was awkward for both of us, I am sure! ...But I did it, and I am OK.

I have flown many times in women's clothes/heels but didn't do the wig/makeup/breast thing until recently. I was out at a Tri-Ess meeting yesterday and one of the ladies thought that I had incredible guts to be out like that! She and others feel that going out as I used to do was much more "challenging" than going fully en-femme! I actually used to think the opposite but I realize now that the male head and body with the female clothing and stilettos is actually harder to do.

I recently flew en-femme out of Atlanta and was body wanded (by a female TSA) and hand luggage wanded and swabbed; make sure that you allow extra time for TSA shenanigans! I must admit though that I had a nice chat with a TSA agent who asked me how long I had dressed "fashionably!!"

Ricki, when you flew with out wig/etc. Did you wear a skirt or more androgynous clothing? I flew once in all women's wear but I had on slacks and almost no one noticed. I never thought of that as flying pretty before. Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by LeannL View Post
    Congratulations in joining the flying club if you weren't part of it already! However, you also joined a separate section for those who have even more guts than the rest of us . Couldn't do it without the wig and makeup myself.

To borrow a quote, "Great to have you aboard!"

Leann
    Wonderful and welcome aboard! I confess that I wouldn't feel complete without wig and makeup either. Chatting with other women was what I remember most about my first and (so far) only pretty flight ... and I loved using the ladies' room, even if it can be crowded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Silver Member
    When you wore heels and women's clothes as a male, did you wear a skirt or dress?

When dealing with the TSA, I would figure it would be easier going through as a man in women's clothing, since it does not have the "disguise" problem that they are really worried about. A guy in a skirt is one thing, I am sure they see far more 'interesting' things on a daily basis, but someone wearing a wig, prosthetics to alter their appearance and gender might set off alarm bells.

Dealing with folks as a man in women's clothes outside of the TSA, there I could see some problems of a different kind. I think it takes real guts to deal with the public dressed like that!

It seems to be a lot easier in the US to fly than it is in the UK and Europe. Here you almost have to get married to the security staff before they let you on the aircraft.

I fly a lot on business and have had a few problems being taken aside when trying to get through security. I have to be careful now not to wear metal suspender clips or corsets with metal stays.

Passengers here do get a lot of hassle. We have to remove belts, shoes etc. I was once travelling from London Gatwick to Amsterdam and removed my belt to put it through the scanner with my laptop etc. I walked through the scanner arc and the alarm went off. I was taken to one side and asked to raise my hands above my head so a hand scanner could be passed over my body. Unfortunately at that point my trousers fell down revealing a very fetching pair of deep blue frilly panties and matching lace top stockings.

Ooops.

(The alarm was caused by some coins and keys in my trouser pocket - probably why the trousers fell down.)

I got some very strange looks I can tell you.
    I am a man and I just want the freedom to wear what I want in public or private. Is that really too much to ask?

congrat and welcome to the flying club. great fun is'nt it! loved readign oyur story. thanks for sharing, and the fact that you engaged in conversation make the trip so much more fun.

Yes, Flying pretty is a wonderful experience, welcome to the club. I have flown pretty 3 times, but always with makeup and a wig. I thought that I had courage, but I bow to you for having the courage to fly without the extras....

That must have been a fantastic experience! I travel mostly for work so my two worlds have been kept mostly seperate for now. I'd love to do that one day, but it will probably only happen if I ever go full time.
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    Ricki, when you flew with out wig/etc. Did you wear a skirt or more androgynous clothing? I flew once in all women's wear but I had on slacks and almost no one noticed. I never thought of that as flying pretty before. Duh!
    On one of my trips, I couldn't get dressed on the way out. I was able to change into entirely womens clothes including women's pants, a mock turtleneck, pantyhose, and flats for shoes. I had no makeup or wig. On the way back, I was fully dressed in a skirt suit, wig and makeup. I got many more looks on the way out dressed in as a man in womens clothes. I would guess that the incongruity of my presentation that caused the double takes.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

If you ever want to know whether people are reading you, go out with a man's head. Then you will see the difference in being read and being overlooked!

When I flew without the wig/etc. it was either women's boot cut jeans or skinny jeans; always stilettos, sometimes boots over jeans, sometimes under (and I'm talking black, bone, red snakeskin boots) or black stiletto strappy sandals. The top would either be a woman's sweater, bodysuit, blouse or T.

if you ever want to know whether people are reading you, go out with a man's head. Then you will see the difference in being read and being overlooked!
    agreed!!!!

Of course we also have the problem of having to show photo ID even on internal flights so something showing a male gender wouldn't get someone dressed onto a flight.
    I am a man and I just want the freedom to wear what I want in public or private. Is that really too much to ask?