Thread: It's a small world

It's a small world

I bought a new wig on line last week from a shop in the USA,( I live in the UK) and have been tracking it all week, it is here in the UK and will be delivered tomorrow!6 days later! how good is that? it's Spotlight by Rachel Welch I tried it on in the UK and allthough I was in drab I liked it alot, they are so expensive here in the UK it's cheaper to import.
    Jo xx

My long hair is also Raquel Welch and I LOVE it! With any luck you will be just as pleased with yours. :-)

Hard to believe that not so very long ago the trip from North America to GB would have required weeks. Now we take it for granted that if we pay enough money, it will be there in 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by joanne york View Post
    I bought a new wig on line last week from a shop in the USA,( I live in the UK) and have been tracking it all week, it is here in the UK and will be delivered tomorrow!6 days later! how good is that? it's Spotlight by Rachel Welch I tried it on in the UK and allthough I was in drab I liked it alot, they are so expensive here in the UK it's cheaper to import.
    Jo xx
    What a beautiful wig! I'm just looking for my first wig now, and this one really captures the different styling cues I am looking for. Thanks for posting it.

Oh, and the world just got smaller. Now someone from the west coast of the US is taking fashion tips from a friend in the UK in the space of just a few hours. What next? Instant messaging and teleportation? Oh yeah, those have both already happened now too. What an amazing age of technology.

Enjoy your wig, it looks gorgeous.

I haven't found a wig that I feel is right yet. Does anyone have an idea about what I should look for in a wig?

I would suggest getting something relatively simple for your first wig. Generally when you are unsure when starting out simple is the best way to go. It's easy to pull off and if you look hard enough you can find a simple good-quality wig that suits you for relatively cheap prices. Also ask others what type of hair would suit you as a woman. Other people's imaginations can really add to your list looks and some work perfectly. And of course go to wig stores and try stuff on, you'll never know what you want until its on you.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    All these years and turns out that Raquel Welsh wore wigs,who'd have thunk it Enjoy your new wig Jo

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Best thing for you to do is fine you a nice wig shop and go let them help you... that way you are not wasting money on something you find you don't like. If you are embrassed about it, call up some of the shops around and ask them on the phone if they would have a problem helping you get a ladies wig. You will find most all of these shops have helped men before so it isn't a big deal for them.

I don't know what the exchange rate is for pound to dollar but if it's cheaper to buy in the US I say go for it. Sounds like you got more bang for your buck. Enjoy your wig hon.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Can someone please change this thread's title.... I have that dam song "Its a small world after all" stuck in my head anbd its driving me insain... more insain.. Insainer...

Funny how wigs all made in the same place costs more or less in different parts of the world? Time for a fem business trip to China!!
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-16-2010 at 11:13 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    Best thing for you to do is fine you a nice wig shop and go let them help you... that way you are not wasting money on something you find you don't like. If you are embrassed about it, call up some of the shops around and ask them on the phone if they would have a problem helping you get a ladies wig. You will find most all of these shops have helped men before so it isn't a big deal for them.
    Great advice. That's what I did. The shop owner could not have been more pleased to help me. Every time I go back to see her for a wig cleaning, her welcome is genuine. My wig is from the Raquel Welch line -- I couldn't be happier. It's totally real in appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by makin' it real View Post
    What next? Instant messaging and teleportation? Oh yeah, those have both already happened now too.
    Teleportation is a reality now? I must have missed the memo on that.....

If so, I think I'd like to teleport myself onto a nice beach in the South Seas. Or teleport Bill Gates' money into my bank account. Or teleport my brain into Angelina Jolie's body.
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by SaraRider View Post
    I haven't found a wig that I feel is right yet. Does anyone have an idea about what I should look for in a wig?
    Hi Sara. IK don't want to kidnap a thread so I'll keep this short. I recently bought a wig off of E-Bay from a company called Sisswig. Low price so you're not hooked into hundreds of dollars right away. Good quality, heat resistant, stylable. I love mine. They are meant for cos-play but give them a look if you find time.

Thats one of my next big steps is getting a good wig. Would you go with your natural color for a first or is it ok to go red if I have brown hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    Teleportation is a reality now? I must have missed the memo on that.....

If so, I think I'd like to teleport myself onto a nice beach in the South Seas. Or teleport Bill Gates' money into my bank account. Or teleport my brain into Angelina Jolie's body.
    Yeah, that South Seas vacation might have to wait a bit! So far as I know, those physicist types have only been able to teleport quantum information that then imprints matter at the new location. See "Quantum state transfer between light and matter via teleportation" by Krauter et al. in the Nov 2010 Laser & Photonics Reviews.

Now back to the thread:

I'm so excited! I'm going to a wig store in the morning to get my very first serious wig! WooHoo! I can hardly wait! Can I time-tunnel there now!?

Rachel

Well my new hair arrived today and it's lovely! my sister is coming round for a meal on Sunday(she's a hairdresser) so I'm going to be dressed and I'm going to ask her to make my hair for a photo, I'll post on Sunday
    Jo.

Here I am then , this is me in my new hair, I think I like it, got a new dress as well, aren't I lucky hope you like.

Jo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joanne york; 01-21-2011 at 05:57 PM.

hope this worked