Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD trends that I try NEVER to do..

CD trends that I try NEVER to do..

The Gangster Rap Scowl : Some of the girls here just do NOT look happy. Smiling helps! Women smile more on average. You don't even have to smile, it just takes away from the photo when from the neck down you're feminine, and from the neck up you look like you're about to bust a cap in my ass.

The Puckered Kiss Pose
    : I don't like the puckered kiss pose for two reasons.

1.) It minimizes the overall size of one's lips, which makes the chin and jaw look bigger by comparison.
    2.) It looks stupid even when hot girls do it. Stop that.

Really elaborate nails : I know that many girls do this to feel feminine and complete. Nothing wrong with that. And its fun to get them done. If I'm out and about I almost never have mine all done up, though. I have giant Boston Strangler hands, Elaborate nail art just draws attention to them, and if you have large hands then it does that same for you too!

A single eyeshadow color coloring the WHOLE eyelid: Some girls tend to take a single shade and covor their entire eyelid, from arch to eyelashes with one solid color. It's as if They drew a rectangle on their face in Microsoft paint and then filled in color with that spilling paintbucket tool. If you do this, you look like Mimi from the Drew Carey show. Usually even the attempt at blending differnt colors looks better than this.
    try having the darkest colors at the corners, and the lightest color directly under the arch of the eyelid itself. Like this:

What about you? What popular t-gurl fashion choices or trends wouldn't you follow and why?

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Well, let's see, . . .

I, personally, don't go for the stereotypical-type clothing - elaborate dresses, maid uniforms, petticoats, garters, etc.

I don't go for the overly-sexy look - and on a 47 year-old guy, that's a good thing!

I don't like shoes that scream, "Hey! I couldn't possibly run in these things. Come and get it!"

Again, notice the "I" in front of each statement. I simply choose not to wear these things, but do not judge those who do. My gosh, how can I - a man who dresses up as a woman - possibly point my finger at another!?

Kathi

The wearing of a size 48MM bra. Your boobs enter the room 5 minutes before you do.

I know and understand there are some GG s that are quite "big" and most of them whom I've had the occasion to speak with would rather NOT have been so endowed.

It's just not a "normal" look.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Quote Originally Posted by Violetgray View Post
    Really elaborate nails : I know that many girls do this to feel feminine and complete. Nothing wrong with that. And its fun to get them done. If I'm out and about I almost never have mine all done up, though. I have giant Boston Strangler hands, Elaborate nail art just draws attention to them, and if you have large hands then it does that same for you too!
    Very good point. Last weekend I was with a long-transitioned friend at a restaurant. Have known her for a while but had yet to meet up with her outside of the confines of our support group. She was marvelling at how this "part-timer" (in presentation only, not in heart) interacted with people, as if the TG thing weren't even an issue. Then she commented on my hands, saying that the look without nail polish spoke volumes. As if I wasn't trying too hard. My reply was that I had been inspired by a gg friend of mine whose hands looked wonderful sans polish. When all was said and done, my friend said to me "sometimes less is more". Couldn't agree enough!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    I don't like shoes that scream, "Hey! I couldn't possibly run in these things. Come and get it!"
    You mean "stripper" heels? Ones that come with a pole???

Not my style either and it was nice that you made it clear about the fact this whole thing is about individual choice.

Another individual choice? Avoiding the trend that suggests it takes nylons, heels and a dress or skirt in order to be properly feminine. Bring on the jeans, bare legs, leggings or cute flats any day of the week!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Is it cheating for me to say "I don't wear breast forms," "I don't wear a wig," and "I don't try to pass as a woman"?

In all seriousness though, I try to keep pretty contemporary with my clothing choices. I try to see what women my age are wearing and try to emulate that style as best as possible. I see a lot of times over the years that many crossdressers tend to stick with what was popular at the time they were first starting to develop a taste for women's clothes so many "looks" seem outdated in pictures. Nothing wrong with it of course, people should wear what they want, and flaunt it, it but it's just not for me.
    Last edited by JiveTurkeyOnRye; 12-17-2010 at 09:53 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I don't go for over the top anything. Like Kathy, I don't like the costume look....or the stripper look. Too me it is about dressing and looking like I feel. Just an everyday comfortable look. Looking in the mirror and seeing me. Kind of a less is more look. I guess what I am saying is I don't like the over done look for anyone.
    Last edited by Marcyme; 12-17-2010 at 09:54 AM.

I don't wear womens jeans! I don't dress ****ty... I try to dress classy... Even when I'm doing dressed up casual...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Violet, I agree with you on all your points, the scowl or pucker is very unnatural, I like a wide grin when taking pics. As far as nails, mine are brittle and I can never keep them long without breaking, and I'm not a big fan of artificial nails. I've tried doing eye makeup but just can't seem to get the hang of it, besides I wear glasses and they sort of enhance the feminine look of the eyes.

As for the stereotypical CD things I would never do, the first one would be, I would never go out wearing a miniskirt, fishnet stockings, and four inch stiletto heels. No French maid's uniform, drag queen outfit, or over the top wigs. I would really rather just blend in with the rest of the population.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I don't wear womens jeans! I don't dress ****ty... I try to dress classy... Even when I'm doing dressed up casual...
    As I head off to the tailor to get a couple of new pair of jeans altered I'm wondering what Karren really thinks about women wearing jeans? LOL
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Violet

You make some great points! Love the way your eyes look by the way. Karren, to paraphrase John Lennon, "All we are saying.......... is give jeans a chance"!
    Dana Fleming

Longer or Blond Hair is Not Necessarily Best

Thanks for initiating this topic Violet! What a great idea!

This is one of those "What you like on others may not look good on you" items.

I believed I was destined for long hair. But for me, I found that its not necessarily true that longer hairstyles look better than shorter hairstyles. Although I like longer hairstyles, I discovered I look much better in shorter hairstyles, particularly during the day. It helps me blend better, perhaps because the shorter hairstyle is more practical and the norm for women my age. Like Karen, I prefer to stand out by dressing a bit classier than may be called for.

Although I don't have firsthand experience with this, but seen the difference on other girls, blond hair isn't always the best either.

I just can't bring myself to share photos of just my body parts. (ie. legs, hands, hair) For instance, I figure if people on here were interested in seeing these then they would look at place like....
    For legs: The Hanes websites for legs that belong to toned 20 year olds where professional airbrushing no doubt took place. Not an old man's that has too many miles on his butt drinking beer pretending to be a Monday night quarterback.
    Hair: Gawd I get jealous looking at Breck adds, but NOT hair bought at a thrift store pulled out of the sack and plopped on a head without so much as a brushing.
    Hands: I guess the hand lotion adds come to mind. Not hands that have had years of working on cars and construction with a new set of press-ons.
    But then again, here I look at my own photos and wonder why, even though I try to have some semblance of style, I still haven't made it as a "People of Wal-Mart" gal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Personally I love heels...even stripper heels (to a point). I wouldn't go out wearing heels with a 3" platform...but i do love my high heels. I'll only dressy kinda trashy if I'm going out to a club- then it's fairly fitting. Otherwise, going shopping or meeting friends at a quiet bar or for dinner, I'll tone down my style of dress as I definitely want to blend in more.

My choice of trends not to follow is the whole costume thing. Unless it's for Halloween or some bedroom fun, I'm not doing costumes. My way of cd'ing is to look like a woman not a cartoon. Obviously, though, I'm not going to pass judgment on those that like those things.

Oh yeah and another trend that I get tired of isn't a fashion trend- it's the fact that where a lot of cd/tv/ts do find sexual stimulation from dressing, what I can't stand is being bombarded on Yahoo IM with stuff like "well you dress and I dress, so we should meet and have 'fun' with each other"...then they get mad when I say that I'm not interested.
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

I'm not adverse to a French maid outfit, but that would only be for fun. Like Karren, I'm not into pants when I'm dressing, as I can wear them all I want to when I'm not en femme. Like Violet, I'll never "Mimi" myself with the eye shadow, either. I don't go in for the ****ty look, preferring to look well-dressed and classy. I like looking femininely elegant in so much as I can pull it off. I don't do platforms, club stomps, or the "hooker" look. I think a lot of guys who start crossdressing want to look like the little **** that they fantasize having an evening with. I prefer looking well dressed and tasteful.

And when I first purchased my boobies, I found that the most common size request was a size 7. They were way too big for my tastes, and I sent them back hoping for an exchange for a size 6. They were out of them, though, and I settled for a size 5 set. I'm so glad I did, too, because they're just right for me. Bigger ain't always better.

I prefer long hair, but like Stefia just said, blonde ain't for everyone. I love blonde hair, but I look a lot better with darker hair.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Oh and I thought of another trend that seems to be popular or that I keep getting instant messages about- no, I don't wear panties, stockings, etc. to work everyday. Just because I do crossdress does not mean that I wear female undergarments all of the time. I work in an office and I'm not "out" to these people, nor do I intend to be. There are things that I find, personally, to be professional and acceptable and some things not. I get tired of being judged by other cd/tv/ts that I'm not "feminine enough" or statements along that line, because most of the time I'm fully in my "normal" male mode and prefer to be.

Oh I so agree about the pursed lips poses. I tried one and it looked terrible, there are very few GGs that can pull such a pic off.
    I think my styles are for the most part practical, though they are not meant to blend in to the female mainstream. I wear skirts, tights, leggings, (the last two in male mode, and the skirts very rarely in that mode). I don't get wearing pants while cding, as mentioned earlier we guys can do that in male mode whenever. But to each their own.

I don't get the thing about using the same eyemaker over the whole eyelid. That is what I do, But I am not going for a sl*ty look. I just like to get my eyes to stand out, and have a pale look. Actually my eyemake up is too dark, for the pallid look I like to pull. It need to be a bit more gray. I usually have black eyelids, and liner, but occasionally wear blue or other color above and below my eyes.

As far as dressing like a hooker, what designates that? I love short skirts. I am not going for the slu**y look. I think it is more about your attitude with the help of the clothing that makes one like that. When I drove paratransit, I drove through the district where ladies of that ilk walked. The majority wore jeans, only a very few wore skirts, and very rarely did they wear leggings or shiny pants. It was evident they were selling themselves by their gait, and behavior. Frankly it sickened me.

Female mainstream around here is dull for the most part.

Then again being Goth I like to have some eleborate or fancy style....though presently I am lacking those due to my inability to find my male goth styles, and basically the pics you have seen have been rather plain.

I personally dislike the huge chest look many cders try to do. It looks awful, and I think kinda insulting to women (in some cases).

The highest heel I wear is my 3 3/4 heels present in my pics (they are my only heels)

Oh and the Ganster frown. LOL. I have never heard that term but it fits. I have remember when I was a kid seeing a team photos and none of the players were smiling. Instead they had what I thought were miserable looks. I learned that that was "masculine". I thought it was stupid.

Now that is ironic cause I usually have a very neutral look, my smile scares me
    Last edited by Pythos; 12-17-2010 at 11:21 AM.

You're right about the blonde thing. For me, I've tried various colors and lengths and have decided to stick with long blonde- it just works better for me. I've tried my natural color and I've tried short wigs- I just end up looking like a dude in a wig, which for some is okay, but for me it's not the look that I want. I have a nice red wig that looks pretty good too... having a redhead wife, though, 1) she likes the blonde on me better and 2) she won't allow us to go out together as two redheads...lol

I just have to ask. Why so upset about it?
    removed

Upset at which part?

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy
    Oh and I thought of another trend that seems to be popular or that I keep getting instant messages about- no, I don't wear panties, stockings, etc. to work everyday. Just because I do crossdress does not mean that I wear female undergarments all of the time. I work in an office and I'm not "out" to these people, nor do I intend to be.
    Good one. I'm with you. I don't much underdress. Especially a bra.....why would you wear a bra if you don't have boobs? ESPECIALLY in guy-mode? I really don't get that one.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Wonderful points, ladies!(And I agree with most points) But who are we going talk with if we criticize everyone.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by aggi123 View Post
    I just have to ask. Why so upset about it?
    Upset at what, Aggi? I thought it has been a pretty civil conversation so far, with a lot of "I wouldn't choose to wear that?" "Really, well I certainly would" and mutual respect thrown in. We're not climbing all over those who like to do it a bit differently than us. We're simply stating personal preferences.

Kathi

I agree with Kathi...we're just expressing our personal opinions. I apologize if I've come across as being totally upset- I just thought I'd express a couple of other "trends" that I've experienced that I don't care for too much. I'm not judging those that do anything. I'm just saying that it's not my thing. Then again, I'm also expressing that I don't think that people should automatically assume stuff either.

maybe i'm just misreading the context of the original post, but the one thing that made me kinda think it sounded like violet was upset was

"It looks stupid even what hot girls do it. Stop that."
    removed

For such a new member Seamed Nylons has it just right. Brilliant reply.