Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CD trends that I try NEVER to do..

Quote Originally Posted by cindym5_04 View Post
    Oh and I thought of another trend that seems to be popular or that I keep getting instant messages about- no, I don't wear panties, stockings, etc. to work everyday. Just because I do crossdress does not mean that I wear female undergarments all of the time. I work in an office and I'm not "out" to these people, nor do I intend to be. There are things that I find, personally, to be professional and acceptable and some things not. I get tired of being judged by other cd/tv/ts that I'm not "feminine enough" or statements along that line, because most of the time I'm fully in my "normal" male mode and prefer to be.
    I gotta agree with ya on wearing lingerie all the time.. i get harrassed all the time by CDs who "want to get together, dress up and get kinky" NO NO NO NO and when in doubt NO again.

as far the heels go.. i wear a size 13 in mens.. GOOD LUCK finding nice flats in my size or shoes that i even like. i'm 35 years old.. sometimes i do dress like i'm 25.. but its tasteful in my eyes and in my SOs eyes as well. As far as eyeshadow is concerned, i cant stand one color from your lashes to your brows.. its tacky and unimaginative but that is my opinion and i'll never fault anyone for doing so .. i know that i'll never pass 100% and i'm ok with that.. the way i dress.. i sure as heck wouldnt go to walmart to go shopping or even to the mall.. i may go to the gay bar in town but thats about it.

I wear 5" heels when i dress.. and i LOVE thigh high boots, today i wore my "hooker" boots.. black patent with 4 straps/buckles and it looked good with my outfit .. as i wore black leggings with a short mini jean skirt a beautiful black ruched tube top with sequins down the middle in front and a satin jacket.. i got many a compliment at my SO's work place.. of course she does work at an adult book store but her co-workers would blow smoke up my tail end to just be nice.

the lip puckering.. DUCKFACE!! it looks retarded regardless of who is doing it.. I like my gentle smile.. not showing teeth but i'm not scowling either

to each their own i say

The pouty lip teen facebook pose? Ugh. That really doesn't look good on anyone...

well, everyone to thier own, I appreciate all your ideals. I wear girls jeans only, they fit awesome and make my ass look good, especially with forms. Panties and tights in the winter. I guess you call it under dressed, but i call it being me and melina at the same time.

I just try to look good and not like a caricature... hopefully winning!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I try to blend in with GGs; beyond that, I just try to look nice and be comfortable. There are a lot of styles in women's clothing, and I don't like and couldn't wear many of them. I guess I go for fem but not overstated or overfrilly, definitely not ****ty--and for me Gothic doesn't work either.
    warmly, Linnea

Yes to a lot of what others have said. Dressing and wearing makeup like a slapper less than half your real age is a no-no for me. Also I don't underdress, I don't see the point. I mean, knickers aren't that comfortable unless you're tucked and a bra for me is just something to keep my falsies in the right place, not to mention the fact that I'm usually at the gym on the way home from work so I'd have to take off the girly undies anyway.

Propositions for, let me call them, extracurricular activities leave me cold too, from CDs or admirers. I suppose that's not really a fashion choice mind you LOL

Oh, and call me a heretic, but stockings and suspenders don't really do anything for me. I can see why other T-girls go for them, but tights are much more comfortable. I do quite like hold-ups though if I want to feel a little bit more sexy. Tights are I suppose what GGs mostly wear and they come in much more fashionable styles.

I guess I try not to follow any trend that causes me to look other than a "normal" 40-50 year old women. Now some women that age do wear a few things that might violate a few of the rules already mentioned and I would not put them in the "normal" catagory.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Karren doesnt wear jeans..Im sure everybody here is surprised..Wearing jeans is just so trendy..That was the topic point right? Trends ? You could post a topic about your mother going to vegas and somewhere in there will be "I dont wear jeans".Give it up.

I hear what your saying though Violet.I try to get one of my friends to smile more in pics. Shes so bad.

But,saying its fun to get nails done but dont do it seems strange. A lot of girls speak of not drawing attention,do this,do that..I am transgendered and i dont care who looks at what.I can do this and that but it doesnt change who i am. People can look,not look,mind their business ,do whatever.Im still gonna be Kayla..and Im still gonna be transgendered.

Yes,..Learn,progress,evolve..but never stray from the person you are...Be you,be different,be the individual you are..there are no rules
    Last edited by Kayla Shadows; 12-19-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TinaMc View Post
    The pouty lip teen facebook pose? Ugh. That really doesn't look good on anyone...
    a.k.a. "duckface".
    Too much of it going on here in New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I don't wear womens jeans! I don't dress ****ty... I try to dress classy... Even when I'm doing dressed up casual...
    While I prefer dresses and skirts Karen, the best/most passable I have ever looked is when trying to blend in and wearing ladies jeans. We each have our preferences but my top goal is to look as much like a real life woman as possible, and most ladies wear jeans nowadays.

Gold Member
    First off, to each their own. We do this to express ourselves and (hopefully) have a good time doing it.

For me, I have always been a moderation person.
    - Boobs, don't want small ones but Dolly Parton does stick out (pun intended)
    - Make-up, I always preferred a lady who took their looks and accentuated it with make-up instead of covering it up or changing it. So I try and emulate that.
    - Jewelry, I say no to too much bling. I know there are some current style with larger pieces, but what I am talking about is four rings on one finger type of bling.
    - Clothes, of course this should be age appropriate maybe stretching back 5-10 years tops.

Along the lines with the "duckface".... I just had to share this video. It's called "That Doesn't Make You A Model"... I think it covers a lot of stuff for girls that we've either known or come across... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOT3F...eature=related
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

Let's not forget that not everybody makes up and dresses to go shopping at the mall. There are plenty of us pleasure dressers who know that some of the things we do aren't in step with the latest fashion trends. But we do those things because we like it. I like one color eye-shadow, deep red lipstick, very high heels, short skirts, outrageously long eyelashes, and long painted nails. There seems to be a fine line here between stating a personal preference and criticizing others. This seems to be turning into another one of those "I have a right to express my opinion" threads.

Once gain, this is what works for me. It's not a "what you prefer to do is wrong" kinda thing so much as "This is how I prefer to do it and why."

Also, if your dressing holds more of an erotic context, especially if its not something you do to go out and blend in, then of course that's different. I wouldn't expect Docrobbysherry to wear her latex mask to the Applebee's!

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    I don't do my nails..
    No pleasure from pedicures or manicures..

I like short skirts, high heels, and blonde hair!
    I look sexy as hell, and if anyone doesn't like those things then it just means that they can't pull it off as well

I'm probably as close to passable as anyone here.
    No lip puckering for me though! Haha. Maybe a slight part of the lips but that's it

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Good topic

I have to agree with you and you covered everything very well. I can go with my nails not colored and in the cooler months I tend to not have any polish on because my nails break real easy.

I am not into the fishnets for myself! They do look good on some girls but for me I am not into them. I wore nets when I was a teen and they where cool then but I found them not to be comfy.

Silver Member
    maybe i'm just misreading the context of the original post, but the one thing that made me kinda think it sounded like violet was upset was

"It looks stupid even what hot girls do it. Stop that."
    I agree Aggi123

I think that we all dress for certain very personal reasons and that as long as we meet those goals and don't hurt anyone, it is great!! Oh, in a recent bridal photo shoot I did the blowing a kiss pose and that is one of my FAVORITE shots!!! I guess without even seeing that photo you know it looked stupid. Well frankly I don't care about your opinion and that is why I didn't show you the picture!

This is a very judgemental thread and it speaks in generalities as well which many on this board tend not to endorse. Another way would be to approach it from and educational view. Below are some things that will get you read, so if you want to blend don't do these. A positive approach to the same topic. When wanting to blend I dress like the GG's.