Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the coolest compliment you've ever received?

What's the coolest compliment you've ever received?

One that I remember fondly....

At the time, the female stylist who regularly cut my natural hair, though she was aware I was a CDer, had yet to be introduced to Starla. One day, I dropped by with a photo I was rather proud of, in which I wore a sleeveless ribbed top with a denim miniskirt, a nice wig, and it was a Good Makeup Day.

She studied the pic, shook her head, and said, "I would never wear an outfit like that." I asked her why. She smiled as she handed the photo back to me, and replied, "Because I wouldn't look half as good as you do!"

(As it happened, her teenage son was in the shop that day, and unbeknown to us, he had glanced at the photo over our shoulders. She later told me that after I had left, he asked her, "Who was that in the photo, Mom -- his girlfriend?" When she told him it was me, his initial reaction was one of annoyed surprise and basically being weirded out. She told me she used the exchange as a good object lesson on human variety, tolerance and acceptance -- sort of an IDIC moment, for you Trek fans).
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

The coolest compliment I've ever received, is one I have heard numerous times, from women.

"You look better in a skirt than I do."

Gold Member
    One day I was out on a walk, wearing these spandex shorts and a tee. Some guy said, "Look at that behind".
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

A friend recently told me she thinks I'm pretty, and she said it with so much insistent sincerity that I believed she really meant it. I know better, but it was so sweet of her.

#2 has gotta be this one from a butch lesbian at the club, after she invited me to sit on her lap: "You're my favorite drag queen." :-)

#3 might be a message from a guy I once met for drinks: "I still dream about your ass." :-) Leave 'em wanting more, I always say.

I was at a party, and two young girls overheard me talking to someone. One of them turned to the other and said "Oh my God, that's a GUY"
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

That I didn't look a day over 45.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

i forwarded a picture to a life long friend of mine and she replied "OMG TIMMY!! she's so beautiful, are you dating her" i about melted right there

At a halloween party. "You are really beautiful. Your makeup is perfect. How did you learn to do it so well?" whew.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

A lady at starbucks standing next to me said, "those are cute earrings, where did you get them?".
    When I turned to answer her, she said "Oh my god, you're beautiful!"

I took that to mean: ... for a tranny, that is

Someone asked me if I had been taking female hormones. I never have, but he said I looked like I was taking them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Lauren[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by dilane View Post
    A lady at starbucks standing next to me said, "those are cute earrings, where did you get them?".
    When I turned to answer her, she said "Oh my god, you're beautiful!"

I took that to mean: ... for a tranny, that is
    Don't sell yourself short...she may have simply seen a beautiful woman. (Which is what *I* see in your pics...)
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

I had stopped at Catherine's to look for a Christmas bracelet. I was wearing a red suede skirt suit with a green camisole under the jacket and some pretty gold sandals. I heard one woman shopper comment to her friend, "Now there's a woman who knows how to put together an outfit." That was pretty cool.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I did have a GG friend tell me the other day that she wouldn't go shopping with me because I would look better in a dress than she would.

When talking to an SO of one of the gurls, we started talking about our kids. I said my oldest had just turned 30. She turned to me and said "I guess we really misjudged your age then." They both thought I was their age (mid 30's). Seeing as that was almost half of my real age, I was REALLY flattered!
    Sally

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    From other CDs at the SCC: " U don't look so bad."

From my old college girlfriend, "You're legs look like---well----AMAZING!"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

May favorite comment at a support group once the speaker thought I was some ones wife.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    My old girlfriend was scoping me out one morning, while we sat on the back porch. Then she said, You've got better legs than I have".

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I got ma'amed when I was endrab.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

For me it was just a random moment in a shopping mall while I was shopping en femme. As I entered a store, an older woman who was stading by the door smiled at me and said "I love your hair!" I style my own long hair, it was not a wig.

I smiled for the rest of the day.

In fact, I often get compliments on my long hair from GGs I work with. It is very long, thick and has a gentle curl. Now if I could just STOP it from vacating my forehead area!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Once in male mode I took a wig to a CD shop be cleaned and styled. I had a second wig and later returned en femme to pick up the one I had worked on. The woman who ran the store wasn't sure who I was at first and then asked me to sit in her chair while she touched up the wig I had on. As she worked on me she complimented my makeup. This was probably the second time I had been out in public and it was a real lift. On another occasion I was told by a lovely young lady that I should wear skirts because I had such nice legs.

The final one is the best since it was a compliment from my wife shortly after she saw me for the first time fully dressed and made up. I was very nervous and can't remember the exact words but I do remember the warm glow I had for the rest of the evening and for several days after.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I was shopping en femme at Macy's and one of the sales associates who was walking by said "I love your top!" Worked for me!!

Napoleon's is a big trannie haunt in the Gay Village in Manchester. T-girls get in for free, but men and women are charged a measly pound. One time I walked in and Ernie, the guy on the door, called me back and asked me to pay. It made my year

When my son called me wierd for wearing mens pyjamas instead of my usual satin nighties......
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

I don't ever go out fully en femme, but when my wife and I go out for dinner or to a bar, I'll often do some eye makeup.

One night while we were out, I'd gone with a fairly dramatic look, and I was sitting at the bar having a drink while my wife was singing karaoke. A lovely young lady sidled up to me and said, "Wow, your makeup is great.....do you work at MAC?"

Ah, if only.....

(And, no she wasn't flirting, as it was clear she was there with her boyfriend....and she later responded with shock and incredulity when I mentioned my wife, as she'd been sure I was gay.)

My coolest compliment was when I was modeling a new liquid satin gown I had just bought from David's Bridal. As I was making a few turns to show off the gown to my pedicurist and her friend, one of them gushed, "What a body!" Well, even with my padding, I took that as a real compliment.

My favorite one is the time I was at a cosmetics store and was getting ready to leave (having to first pick up the contents of my purse I spilled on a counter), two older women came in. Returning to the store later, my SA friend told me that after I left, one of the women asked, "Was that a lady?" My friend asked her what she thought and the lady replied that she wasn't sure because of my height and the hair on my arms which peeked out from underneath my sweater sleeves. Since then I figured if you can keep them guessing, you're doing a good job. BTW, the second lady didn't even notice me, so I must have really blended in.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread