Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whose closet(s) did you raid?

Whose closet(s) did you raid?

In your younger, more furtive and secretive crossdressing years (c'mon, we've all been there), from whose closet did you "borrow" clothes to try on when you had some precious and (hopefully) safe alone time? What sorts of things did you slip into, and under what circumstances? Any close calls (either almost getting caught, or someone noticing that their stuff had been disturbed)?
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

I used to love sneaking into my sister's underwear, tights & leotards or one piece swimsuits when morning aerobics shows were on TV and I'd mimic the workout until my body was more interested in doing a different workout. I was always trying on my sisters clothes.. everything except pants.. I can't recall any close calls, I did however get caught with eye liner on more than a few times, as well as wearing her earrings.

Mothers, sisters, 3 Step-sisters, step-mothers, grand mothers, aunts, many girl friends, neighbor girl, friend's sister, friend's sister's friends, boarder, 10th grade English Teacher...... I was a proloific borrower!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

In my grade school years, I "borrowed" my mom's stuff. I thought I did a great job of hiding it too. However, I'd go to where I'd hidden the borrowed stuff and it was gone. Checked my mom's drawers later, there it was. Nothing was ever said during that time.

Answering my own question....I generally raided my Mom's stuff when she was out (I had no sisters). I remember well the paranoia of trying not to disturb anything -- if I took something hanging in a closet, I took great care to note just where it was on the rack and replace it there. Bras, slips, and panties were more nerve-wracking...I had to carefully note how things were stacked and folded in order to recreate the "look" of a drawer's contents. (In reality, she might well have not paid close attention to how things were arranged, but why take chances?)

In my early 20's (this was the late 1970"s), I also had a risky (but thrilling) time when a young couple I knew asked me to check up on their dog for a few days while they were gone -- feed him, let him out, etc. The wife was a very pretty young gal with a lot of nice clothes, and owned a cute short blonde wig to boot! (Kind of a Goldie Hawn look, for those young enough to remember her "Laugh-In" days.) Yeah, I had a lot of fun while the pooch was out doing his business! The risk involved is that if I had been caught or left incontrovertible evidence that I had been playing in her things, her very macho (and very big) husband would almost certainly have beaten the snot out of me!
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

I raided My sister's clothes, That's how I got started. She caught me 3 times I know of, when I was in my teens. I have also been through some of my aunts things, Actually, My ex wife's aunt's. The best part was I did some remodeling for her aunt and she gave my ex 8 boxes of clothes to sell at our annual garage sale we did each year. Only 2 made it to the sale. My ex asked me to try the stuff on, everything that fit we kept..

For about five years i shared room with my sister, she worked long hours that made it easy. The problem was she would fold her cloths a certain way that i just couldn't figure out how to do it. So i guess she must of known i was in drawers and never said anything.

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    I regularly raided my sisters room.she had some fantastic dresses and underwear

I have actually been very careful with this. It was first when i started to buy my own clothes that i started to dress for real. I just couldnt handle the thought what i would have liked if someone else sneaked in my closet.

Started with mom, and then big sister, she was a member of a girls club that had a lot of formal affairs and had a closet full of ball gowns from the fifties that I loved to play with, plus hoop skirts and tons of crinoline. My sisters room was my favorite playroom up until she got married and moved out. Then it was back to just mom's stuff, or what I could find in bags of old clothes that where keep around out in the shed. I only got caught once that I know of, it was by my father, he made sure I understood, I didn't want to be caught again. As for mom, I don't know how much she knew, but she did give me a lot of leeway to try thing while I was in high school, such as hair straighteners, (it was the early sixties) and she let me play with hair color, no many boys where doing that back then, so just maybe mom knew I was different, but thought it was best to leave it alone.
    Tina B.

Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    I used to love sneaking into my sister's underwear, tights & leotards or one piece swimsuits when morning aerobics shows were on TV and I'd mimic the workout until my body was more interested in doing a different workout. I was always trying on my sisters clothes.. everything except pants.. I can't recall any close calls, I did however get caught with eye liner on more than a few times, as well as wearing her earrings.
    omg me tooo!!!!!!!!! So funny!

"I need more cowbell." dennisGTS's Avatar
    In my early years, my sisters underwear. Then many years later, my step-mothers lingerie and occationally clothes.
    (¯`'•.(¯`'•.¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,•♥• ƸӜƷ•♥• ,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº ¤ø,¸¸,•♥•ƸӜƷ•♥•,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸ ,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸.• '´¯)¸.•'´¯)
    [SIZE="3"]"Crossdressing men, with a little discretion and a lot of anxiety, can pass as normal and retain all the privilege of their birthright.
    They don't have to tell anyone they are wearing lacy panties under their jeans."

–Helen Boyd[/SIZE]

(`*•...*(`*•.¸...-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-¸.•*´)*...•*´)

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I didn't have a sister and never spent time with girl cousins, so my mother's dresser and closet were my source. I was caught once, after several near misses. Mom found some of her things with the sleeves inside out. Big mistake on my part! This was before we had a counseling option so I was sent off to spend the summer with my father and his new wife. In the basement bedroom where I stayed was a wardrobe full of wonderful things. I came home better able to cover my tracks and borrowed until I was to big to fit her things any longer. I would dress as fully as I could when I had the chance, and learned to love the smell of her lipstick. I moved out for college and didn't have a source of clothes and the free time to borrow until after I was married. Not long after I started finding my own things.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I am an only child but was lucky in that I had girl relations who liked me dressing up when we were young and who kept on helping as I grew up. Also as a teenager I had a girlfriend who used to play with me at her house and I’d wear underwear belonging to her, her sister and her mother.

Other than that I raided my mother’s wardrobe. I particularly liked trying on girdles, corsets, stockings and suspender/garter belts. I got caught out a few times over the years most notably by the mother of the girlfriend referred to above who walked in while I was having some real fun in her corset and panties. I’ve posted about that here.

I was also discovered by an older cousin (not the same family group that I played with) when she let herself into my house to drop off some Christmas presents. It seems that she saw my mother in town and offered to carry some parcels home to allow my mother to stay shopping a little longer. I was sitting at my mother’s dressing table wearing a bra, panties, suspender belt, stockings and a short white lace slip. I was applying makeup rather inexpertly. She was shocked and amused at the same time and kept teasing me by pretending to lift up my slip, though she could easily see through it.

When she stopped giggling she had a long talk with me asking if I had feelings for other boys (the usual first thought) but eventually accepted that I just enjoyed wearing female clothes and got pleasure from it. She gave me some makeup tips too.

She promised she would not tell my mother, but after my mother died and my aunt and I were clearing out her clothes my aunt offered me some of my mothers underwear, and she told me that my mother knew about my dressing.

I accused my cousin of ratting on me but she totally denied doing that. Maybe I wasn’t as careful at folding and placing things back where they came from as I thought.
    I am a man and I just want the freedom to wear what I want in public or private. Is that really too much to ask?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Pantie raids were BIG among high school and college age kids when I was young. No pretty teen/20's girl's chest of drawers was safe! Guys used ladders, skeleton keys, breaking and entering, or just sneaking in thru unlocked doors, (not many folks locked their doors during the day back then), to steal panties! Kind of went out of fashion by the time I entered high school.

I never got much of a thrill from ladies panties, and STILL DON'T!

( As u can see from my avatar! Ha ha!)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My Mam's clothes. I was always using her tights and dresses. Her shoes were a size too small, but I squeezed my feet into them and stole bits and pieces of her makeup when I could

My sister's panties...she had a wonderful collection of nylon bikini panties. I once went to my "hiding" place for my stash and found they were gone...my mom commented that they must have gotten mixed in with my clotheswhen the laundry was done. In college and when first living on my own I used to raid the laundry room. I used to work for a moving company years ago and always volunteered to pack the bedroom....I stole many wonderful pairs of panties and bras during that time. I don't remember any close calls and never was caught....thank God!

I started borrowing my mom's panties, tights, stockings and one piece swimsuit, as some of you, I also put special attention on how her clothes were exactly folded and placed and I'd always tried to leave everything exactly as it was before I took it, but you know, I was just 10 years old when I started doing that, so I really have the curiosity if my mom knows that I used to borrowed some of her stuff.

I had three older sisters and I would raid their dresser drawers and closets whenever the opportunty arose. One wore nothing but cotton panties so I never liked hers but the other two wore the pretty pastel nylon panties and I wished they could have been mine instead. I would fold and return them to their drawers but I think they still suspected something was awry. I also wore thrir garter belts girdles and stockings, then pick out a dress or skirt from the closet and pose in front of the mirror.

There were several close calls (at getting caught) when sisters or parents would return home earlier than expected. When that happened I would run into my room or the bathroom to change then try to return the clothes to the proper places while nobody was looking. Once my mom found a dress in my closet and I had to think up a quick excuse, but I don't think she believed me.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Aspiring Member
    Started with my sister's petticoat when I was 4 or 5. Don't know what made me try it, but I sure enjoyed it.
    Later, she married and moved away. Then, I went to Mom's clothes; mostly slips, nightgowns and pettipants.
    I didn't try shoes, dresses, etc until much older. I had one really close call with the petticoat. I think mom knew I was in her things.

Started with my sisters underwear, I was very careful when returning them, did not try makeup back then. I don't think I was found out but as a few have stated here sometimes they know but don't say anything. I will never know as my mother and sister have long departed this world.

Through several teen years, all of my older sister's clothes and shoes fit perfectly,and she wore very nice high heel pumps. It was many very good years. I raided my mom's drawer only for lipstick.

Mothers, sisters, 3 Step-sisters, step-mothers, grand mothers, aunts, many girl friends, neighbor girl, friend's sister, friend's sister's friends, boarder, 10th grade English Teacher...... I was a proloific borrower!!

Everyone's but Karens.

the happy camper
    Mom's. My older sister moved out right around the time I started dressing, so I don't recall getting into her closet (except for the time she dressed me for Halloween, but that was her idea). My three younger sisters were all too small for me to wear their stuff. The only other person I've ever borrowed from is my wife. I still do, but I tell her now when I'm stealing her stuff.

Mom and sisters

I actually was in the habit of dressing off season; since they would box up winter clothes in the summer and vice versa.
    Seemed safer raiding those storage boxes.