Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you crossdress in front of your family and do they accept you enfemme?

Aspiring Member
    Dress in front of wife but I think my baby girl is entitled to life without having to deal with this kind of confusion.

I will hold off from telling my kids until they are adults, but my wife is in the early stages of working with me on this. She is definitely not ready so see me en femme (she freaked out when she felt my smooth silky legs while having sex) so I have mostly stopped CDing for now while she and I work through this... she is trying to be understanding but she is still freaked out by it.

The fantasy in my mind is, one day she and I will doll ourselves up and go on a shopping spree together as gal pals

My wife, yes. She enjoys and participates in it. Anyone else, no.
    Hugs,

Teddie

the happy camper
    I have been dressed in front of some family members and others have seen pics, but that was for Halloween where I could pass it off as something else. I'm out with my older sister and her eldest son, as well as my wife and daughter. Not out with my son.

If my wife told me that she couldn't take it anymore and that I had to quit in order to save our marriage, I would do that. I don't think she would ever ask though. I wouldn't quit for anyone else. I will, however, restrict my dressing around my son until I think he's okay with it.

Over the years it has been a very tough uphill battle for my wife to really understand and except Dana Lynn...Within the past 2 years or so, she has really started to enjoy Dana's company more and more and she realizes how important it is for Dana to be able to spread her wings and grow..We just recently took a trip out of town and My wife and Dana went shopping together for the first time...It was really great and she thought that Dana really looked as a very natural woman...

I do dress now more at home when we are alone but usually only wearing a top or shorts and maybe some sandals...I dont do it every day but I have been wearing panties now for over a year and she knows and has no problem with it...Lots of times Im a wearing a nice nightgown or a cotton shirt with pj bottoms...Mostly always female clothing and she never really says anything negative...I love vintage so I will wear an old vintage Shadowline gown and she will tell me that she likes me in something more up to date...

Her mother, older sister and her husband know but do not know that I know or at least I have never given any hints to it...Her youngest sister knows and probably her husband...I think My olderst daughter is now suspecting something and my son may know as well but so far I have not said anything to them or vise versa...

Im so thankful that my wife did not leave me years ago when she found out...Once this is let out and you begin to live more and more, the harder it is to quite...We are closer now than ever before and just tonight we exchanged some special gifts and she bought Dana a pretty new black and dark red top and some jewelry...Things are so good now and I never would have believed it could be this way...I am truely blessed to have such a loving wife who continues to love me more and more every day...
    DanaLynn

My wife has known about my fem side since the first few weeks we dated. We are 1000% open and honest about everything! I am dressed in some way or another all the time. Most of my family knows and our children know. (step daughters 10 and 12) So yes I dress in front of my family and would I quit for them?.....If there was a good reason then yes, but I have been told by Wife, if it's up to her, then I'll be dressing untill I die!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

I dress in the company of my wife all the time . We have shoped together but not dressed. My daughter has noticed the girly jeans a couple times and also said my nails look girly the way I shape them . My brother has seen me dresssed two times a while ago.

My parents know, but haven't yet gotten to the point where they can see me as Lynn. My brother knows and has seen, as has his girlfriend and her two kids.
    One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel. - Reinette, Doctor Who: The Girl In The Fireplace

My wife knows and is very supportive of me. I don't have a extended family, instead I have close friends that are more family then my real family and a few of them know

I am not married to my SO and for now we live 1100 miles apart since she is stuck in Michigan having to take guardianship of a 5, 6, and 8 year old granddaughters. There will be a day that we will all be together. I can't wrap my head around the idea of letting small children know about a parent, step-parent or relative that cross dresses. I am not flaming those that think it's right or OK. But small children have enough of a hard time dealing with their own sexuality and going through puberty then to add this to further confuse them. Unless you are transsexual and have little choice, then to me it's just wrong. I understand that gender issues and sexual issues are different. But to me this hits to close to sharing your sexuality and what you and their mother might do in the bedroom. I simply can't justify it as a CD. The motives share with minor children might even be a selfish act. Totally different with children that have reached young adulthood.
    I have a step-daughter from a previous marriage, that found out on her own. It shattered me to know she knew. But she was around 30 at the time. She was more then supportive and understanding. I was shocked to discover how much she knew about the whole topic of crossdressing. Made me think that maybe her own ex-husband might have been a CD. But she never saw me dressed or even seen a picture. I was floored when she gave me a nice black baby doll nightie for Christmas that year. Other then that, I have told one brother that wrote me out of his life after I told him at a very low point in my life. My guess is he told yet another brother so I have not heard from either of them in over 2 years. It's sad that he let his stupid twisted religious beliefs make him forget about family. Now ask me how I feel about all organized religions! Sorry, got off topic.
    But I have no problem letting a very few close friends know and in each one they have accepted it and it has made no difference in our friendship. That is other then make us closer friends.
    My parents never knew since they both had died before I was 17. But all women that have been in my life as a girlfriend or wife have known and fully accepted me as a CD. That is other then my first wife. She never knew.

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    i dress around mum all the time when she comes up and stays once or twice a year, she does'nt mind me wearing my nightgowns at all, or any clothes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

The only person that I have ever dressed around is my Uncle. I felt totally comfortable.

As far as any of my imediate family. My wife knows but would rather not talk about it or see me. I don't know what the kids reactions will be. So for now that is it.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Platinum Member
    My wife of 47yrs. knows & tolerates but it's a don't ask don't tell kind of thinggie.
    I don't hide anything everything is in the closets or dresse drawers.
    I will be dressed setting in the backroom like now dressed and on the computer
    if she comes down stairs and if she sees out of the corner of her eye that I'm dressed
    she will just go on and the subject doesn't come up.
    We went to counceling a couple years ago nothing changed I told her that the
    only way it would ever go away was if I took it with me when she asked me to leave.
    So she goes up stairs in the evening and Orchid will stay down stairs on the computer.
    My two grown daughters mid 40's don't know about Orchid although I'm sure they would accept.
    I don't think I could quit if I wanted too--- dressing for 63yrs. now

Orchid

My wonhderful wife knows I dress and doesn't care if I dress at home in her company. She only has one request I don't go out of the house dressed. I figure it's a small price to pay to enjoy dressing freely with her approval.
    Hugs and kisses Brenda