Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High testosterone work places.

Banned Read only

High testosterone work places.

Does anyone here work in a high testosterone work place? I am an automotive tech and have to work with a bunch of barbareons! Oh, who are always saying "faggot" and "bitches". I hate it! The worse part about working on cars is breaking a nail!!

I do work on enviroment like that.. I am not out for that reason and some of my best friends there are the worst on that kind of language and also defend me to death if somebody doubts of my masculinty..if they only knew

yeah, one of my coworkers I work with alot is a bigot, racist, etc. he just looks down on other people and treats women as objects. It stinks bigtime. Some people are just so closed minded its ridiculous.
    My theme song........."Cherry Lips" by Garbage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqaUZkf52fs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm retired now but used to work in the building trades, carpentry, masonry, laborer, equipment operator I've done them all and then some. the majority of my co workers were macho types who used every derogatory name in the book to describe females.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

It's been 5 years since I retired, but I spent 26 years working as a firefighter/paramedic. Not too many places that are more testosterone driven or that have more adrenaline junkies than a fire station.

Banned Read only
    Yeah. God! If my co-workers only knew!!! Ha! Stupid boys!!! The worse is when they call their wives "old lady" Gezzzz! Thats respectful!!!

Yep, sure know what u mean. I work with neanderthals and I have to resort to being one in order to make it through the day. Even the reps are just as bad. I would never go into my type of environment dressed in female attire. Even a good looking lady can feel intimidated but a well run workshop will be very busy and the neanderthals will be busy whilst the counter staff are better adjusted to handling all types of customers. I know what the guys are like and if they are fired up by way of an unhappy customer or a strange looking customer they take their gripes home or to the pub for verbal abuse.
    I never keep nails good because I am always chipping them or tearing them. I get really upset with the fumes because they dry the skin and torment my hair. Its not a very good environment for a CD but its one hell of a disguise if you can keep the mask on.

You want manly.... Follow me underground in one of our coal mines!! We do have some women miners and they have been accepted over my carrier... There may be a lot of testosterone down there.... But coal miners are a great bunch... Imho.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My company: Corporate sports-loving environment, fifteen people, including one open lesbian. Everyone is reasonably happy, no axes to grind.
    Now, if I could only master golf during the company outings. .....second thought, I'd rather grow my hair past my shoulders than play golf.

Oh well.

20 years ago I would say a lot of workplaces were like that... with anti-smoking, equality for woman and workplace training a lot of that nonsense has gone away. It is changing, perhaps it is one of the last generations before our kids take over and make the world a better place.
    Chickie

the happy camper
    I worked in construction from the time I was 12 until I was 36. I would never go back to doing that.

I work for a phone company and everyone on the crew is pretty easy going. We see and meet all kinds of people everyday and it's pretty much........ whatever. No big deal.

Yeah, I used to work in that type of environment...don't miss it much at all. In one of my new jobs I was outed to a macho type...he's actually pretty okay with it. I think that the fact that the majority of people that work there are female helps...easier to be tolerant if there aren't other guys around questioning why you're being tolerant

40 years in the audio visual presentation biz. The offices and guys were fairly easy going so no real issues. I was not out at all except to one GG lesbian friend. I was always amused when we got shows that involved TS, TG gay, etc folks. I loved to hear the guys talking about who they thought was a guy or a girl and the lusty reactions some guys had but tried so hard (no pun intended) to maintain an indifferent if not mildly macho front for the crews.

The best shows for a chuckle were the medical conferences dealing with SRS. Watching the guys on the crews react to the surgery pics and videos was hysterical. Our medical conventions were always interesting and sometimes you needed a strong stomach to watch the videos or better yet, the live dissections and surgeries. We handled medical conventions all the way from gynecology to funeral sciences. These guys could watch a full autopsy and eat a spaghetti lunch at the same time. Show an SRS surgery and they all get suddenly weak kneed.

Silver Member
    Yea, I'm in a macho field mentioned above with lives on the line and high temperatures, any guesses? An interesting thing I have noticed is that a large majority of macho types have very feminine SO's. I think that is how they have balance. Now they would never admit that but it seems more so than not the case. Any others notice this?
    On the day I bought a wedding dress as Sara, an hour after returning home I was trying to rescue someone from a very hot environment, unfortunately unsuccessfully. You want to talk about a quick change in gears!

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Yup...I worked in school sytems for 33 years, I never want to go back. Although schools can be quite diverse it was always the high testosterone that ran the place. It was like working around monkey island at the Detroit Zoo. The more limited their intelligence was, with the high testosterone drive, the more management rewarded them. I cannot tell you how many fellow employees where injured because of these morons. They seem to take great joy in reducing people to tears and then laughing in their face. It really made me sick watching this stuff.

Try being in a college wrestling room for high testosterone!
    Dana Fleming

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    Yep, fair amount of testosterone in my workplace (construction). Really, though, in the 40+ jobs that I've had over the course of my life, almost all of them had that macho element to them to some degree. Women were classified as objects, and any guy who deviated from the norm in clothing or gender orientation was a "fag" or "queer". <sigh>

Banned Read only
    Hahahaha, As many of you know, I have transitioned and have had SRS for 30 years now. I am an Architect and own a construction company. What you may not know is that of my 30 full time employees 28 are in one stage or another of transition. The two left simply are not intrested in transition and are CD's only. Life is what you make it.

Is it not very sad, frustrating, and lousy, that blue collar trades, or labor, are equated with illmannered jackasses men? I have been a factory worker, military, gravedigger, laborer, and it sadens me to see the same dynamics. It is extremely hard sometimes to be a mannered gentleman, let alone cder, in blue collar jobs. No wonder, it has been so very tough to find willing
    gg's to date! Few are looking for blue collar gentlemen, or cd's. Somehow, the macho types always seem to find women, but for me, very difficult. GG"s are looking for highly paid professionals, seldom, if ever, us laborers! Unless from another country, trying to get here! Some of you have to endure a lot of hell on the job!

I have a friend that knows a CD that works for a car maker. I never met her but I saw her pictures.

#30 years a furniture mover/truck driver, no women in the trade back then outside of the office. We had some knuckle dragger's of course, but not all, some where collage graduates and quite civilized, and very happy to be blue collar workers.
    Tina B.

Talk about Hi testosterone work places,I work on industrial and commercial refrigeration.always here comments like that all the time.The woman that work in the office i think have more testosterone than i could ever have.It is a good job though.the boss often get comments back from clients saying you have a good woman worker there(talking about me)

I were gloves to stop nail breakage,it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Hahahaha, As many of you know, I have transitioned and have had SRS for 30 years now. I am an Architect and own a construction company. What you may not know is that of my 30 full time employees 28 are in one stage or another of transition. The two left simply are not intrested in transition and are CD's only. Life is what you make it.
    Jorja,

What a great crew you must have! Do you recruit from the TG community, or did they all just migrate to your company? Are you looking for any new employees? I bet I could find a few dozen folks right here that would love to go to work for you.

BTW, I'm in NE Ohio, in Kent. Are we in the same neighborhood?

Bobbi

Tina B. Thankfully, there are some real decent guys and gals in the blue collar fields, sprinkled among the others.