Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Third person references

Third person references

I see people on the forum referring their dressed selves in the third person.
    I don't want to sound like I am putting anyone down, I just don't understand.
    Do some of you see yourself as totally different entities depending on what you are wearing?
    Personally, I don't see any difference in myself no matter what I have on.
    I feel like the same person either way.
    It is just who I am.
    Like I said, I am not knocking anybody's choice, I just don't get the difference.
    Sorry if anyone is offended by this.

Ahhhh, The many colors of the world.

From what I can assume from what I have read over the years on the forum. There are those that do actually think, act, and even have different preferences in sexual partners while they are dressed.

Just one of the difference between people, I guess. I also find this a bit iof a challenge to believe. But I am sure that there are people in the world that also find it difficult to believe that grown men actually prefer to dress in womens clothes.

I am like you.The same person dressed the way I prefer. I VERY rarely even ware a wig. SOme people would think that to be strange too. But that is just who I am. The same person anyways.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

It is to me, just simply a persons ability to accept themselves. If they have a problem with it then they seperate the male and female parts two different people of themselves. Those that accept and finally come to accept themselves and that is not easy to do. Say I, me etc. That is why I always called my self Gerrijerry. The same person either way. Gerri and Jerry sound the same just spelling is different the person in me is still the same. Happy to say Feminine all the time because to me that is what I am. No matter how I dress. Pants skirt or dress.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

I have always seem myself as Jenni, not part Jeff and part Jenni, but 100% Jenni who at time was not allowed to show that feminine part of me. I don't think one way in drab and another in femme, I am simply me with all the warts.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Karren doesn't like to refer to herself on the third person... Zarren concurs...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Don't read so much into it!!Some people use their fem name to quicken the story or telling of a situation.Based on some of the posts[alpha males,etc] SOME PEOPLE do act and think differently because they have to or want to. It isn't any big deal..one size doesn't fit all!!

I guess that David does see Davida as silly at times.
    But on the other hand, Davida thinks that David is just a fat, bald, old fart

I guess some folks just hesitate to take ownership of themselves Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    I guess it's the nature of living 2 seperate lives that the individual personalities will develop.

It's twice the fun and you can keep yourself company. At least there is always someone to have an intelligent conversation with.
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    I guess some folks just hesitate to take ownership of themselves Hon.
    & if you don't, someone else might ( Though I guess some would enjoy being taken out on the leash for "walkies" )
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I'm not schizophrenic, yes I am, no I'm not, yes I am............
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

nikki is a totally different personality than that of nick, so when she takes ver its only fair she gets seen as her own person... she gets bitchy if you dont...

Hi.

Yes we are all different thats for sure.
    Iv never seen my self as any other than who i am . & what you see is really what you get i prefered womens clothes tho had to wear male ones under protest , just hated it. yet i was no different then at 10 or now at 63 ,

Just im not bound by any male clothes not any more ,
    & as to refering to my self as male or female or different names i would never have thought of that.

& my refernce is in my name, birth name , noel to noeleena. so i cover both male & female ,tho noel is female any way. as well.

...noeleena...

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I just wish Suzanne would stop laughing at H's love handles when he looks in the mirror in the morning.

It takes a long time for those of us that have fought this for more than a few years to accept who we are. Once I accepted the fact that I look at the world out of a womans eyes I was able to stop referring to myself in the third person when I was in femme mode.

Now if I can convince those other voices in my head to stop referring to themselves in the third person....
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Not stepping on any toes Davida. There is no third person in my life, not even a second really. I'm Jay, that's it! No ifs ands or buts. Jay wears different clothes sometimes. That simple. I think of "Suzie" as no more than a CB handle, or a nickname, so to speak. Before this forum, there was no female name. I just picked the name when I joined here. Using the name "Suzie" is all in good fun, not really any deep meaning to it.

Have I had fleeting fantasies about actually being female, well yeah sometimes, but its fantasy for me. I've been Jay for 46 years, hopefully at least 46 more! That's reality!!! The other reality are the wonderful friendships I've make here.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Jay took the words right out of my mouth. Even when I dress in full femme mode, I still usually introduce myself to people as Ryan or Rye. I only ever really used the name Alyssa as a screen name or as a shorthand for quickly referring to myself dressed up, or as a codeword in public if I was talking about buying something for myself before I was so outward about it. I'd say to a friend "Oh I should get that for Alyssa." Now I say to the SA, "Can I try this on?"

I had actually retired the name Alyssa entirely after coming out, but have recently revived it for the purposes of having an alias when I pose for the risque photos I do for the gentleman's relish. In that case though it feels more like a stage name.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Totaly different and better looking entity.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Davida,

I'm the same as you. I never refer to myself in the third person when dressed as somehow a different person. If I were to do that it would feel like I am betraying myself or whatever .... it would to me at least.

Actually, there is just one scenario that this sort of thing happens and that is, say my wife and I go shopping and I happen to be in boy mode and we are standing in front of rack of dresses in a busy store and there are other shoppers nearby and when I say nearby, I mean like standing right next to us going through the same dress rack. Then Marla will say "this would be cute for Rachel" instead of "this would be cute for you". If there are other shoppers around but she thinks they are out of earshot then she will always say "this would be cute for you" .. which is what both of us prefer.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 12-29-2010 at 09:37 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Gold Member
    I am one that also finds it interesting that someone can look at themselves as two different persons. You could probably get into a whole set of analysis of how a person feels inside and how they refer to themselves. If they feel like they are in the middle gender-wise, shouldn't they feel the same all the time no matter how they are dressed? But if someone feels all male but loves dressing, would it be true that they are creating a different persona when they dress so they might have two personalities so to speak?

I know one way I might muddy the water is I will refer to Sue as a way of saying when I am dressed. It isn't a change of mindset, just clothes. So I could say something like "I was out with my daughter shopping and I was in Sue mode." Just my way of saying en-femme instead of en-homme.

Yeah, this thread is really indicative of how different we all are. Some are almost completely different persons in male vs. female mode, with different personalities, hobbies, or even habits. These are the sort of CDers you might hear describe indulging in their female persona as "taking a vacation from myself" -- for them, the appeal is leaving everything in their "normal" lives behind, and becoming someone else for a few hours, or a day, or a weekend.

Others are exactly the same regardless of how they are dressed, just prettier as women.

And some are an amalgam of masculine and feminine in both modes, with balances that may shift by the day or even hour, with considerable crossover to the point that the lines are very blurred.

But that's what makes CDers such fascinating creatures -- they're all different, but still share some things in common. (Like spending too much on clothes, or cursing that run in their hose...)
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

Tina seldom refers to her shelf in the third person, usually on in department stores when admiring a dress or blouse, Tina will tell the wife, Tina would like that. Not a matter of identity confusion of course, just a matter of security when out in public. Oh, and Tina likes this question.
    Tina B.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I don't dress en femme 24/7, in truth most of my life is not conducted with crossdressing up front. Because of that some of the experiences I share here did not occur while I was out challenging gender identity boundaries. I guess it would make the same point to say "I went to the auto parts store en femme" as it would to say "Sarah went to the auto parts store." As long as I remember to add that little detail about the mode of dress, it gets the story across. I believe in my case it's more a story telling device than an indication of how well I've accepted my crossdressing. That is a different story all together.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    I have seen a few threads that have discussed this topic and normally (as expected) it would be from someone who has come to full terms of who they are or where they are in their life..some have began transition, some dress 24/7, some dress as much as possible..others, don't see it as dressing but normal wear.

But I have to give a lot of credit to Starla for putting it in great terms... especially on the fact that we are all different..and that includes different stages in being a cd..

Stages? For some it can be just that..a 'stage' and we are merely actresses that once a week or once a month, we dressup to be that other person..and then put her away until the next time. Yes it is difficult to not let part of the 'actress' evolve into our everyday life or as someone stated, a name we use to differeniate on who we are referring to.

Is that split personality? Maybe.. or just some dang good acting

I'm not ready for "Marissa" to take over my body and mind..and not sure if I will ever be. But I do thank her for what she brings to my everyday life as ****, makes him (uhhh me..lol) a better person..

Offended by someone not understanding the 'third person' talk??? no.. life has alot of things we don't understand..this is just another page from it.
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

I've never talked about myself in 3rd person, even when out shopping with my wife. Of course, she doesn't like it when I talk openly, so maybe I would be better off to do as Tina B, and used 3rd person to avoid making my wife uncomfortable.

For most people, 3rd person is probably based in denial. A lot of people who now accept themselves probably started back when they were young and confused, and still use it out of habit.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

It is just easier when typing to say "Lori" when you are talking about the two distinct parts of my personality. In this forum, revealing your male name is not often done so we say "he" or "him" or "My male self" and then when we get to our female side we can and often do use our name. There may be a few here who are totally female (especially on the TS side) who can easily say "Me" or "I" and the inference is known. For most of us, we are still split in daily life and on these boards so going third person is just easier and more succinct.

Addendum: When out in public dressed and with people I say "I" and "me" (a lot since I am a princess and totally self absorbed) but when I am in male mode with people who know about my feminine side and I see a blouse or skirt I will say "Lori" would like that. Ok maybe denial but it just makes more sense and gets less looks than is I say while dressed in my male attire "Ge I really like that teddy, I would look so hot in that with my pumps"
    Last edited by Lorileah; 12-29-2010 at 11:08 AM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,