Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you go to work dressed en femme?

Do you go to work dressed en femme?

Hello Ladies;
    Do you dress en femme at work? Not to be too bold: What job or profession? *If you don't wish to state the Job or Profession I understand, and thanks for posting*

I work at a very conservative company with strong family values. This company is predominately a copier/fax sales and service dealership. They are located in the Midwest U.S. and are one of the top independent dealers in the U.S. They also have a IT Consultation department in the company in which I work. I love my profession and I love the company I work for. I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, which is a fancy certification to say I know Server operating systems, Desktop operating systems, and specialize in Active Directory and email using the MS Exchange server system, have worked with SQL and even Document Management solutions = I am a Geek or Nerd. But not when I am Danielle Patricia, hallelujah!

I actually find it amazing that some can be dressed en femme at their work place. Of course I haven't the courage to go to my work place dressed as a female. If I lived in Seattle, San Francisco, Portland (although then my son would have to be told that I CD), or any other fairly liberal city I may have more courage to. But since I live in a very strong blue (as in Republican) conservative state, I would be scared to death that the lynch mob would form up to do it's duty. Actually I am mostly afraid of losing my job.

Thanks for reading and please post, TTFN.
    Welcome to 2012, only 11 months until the "Mayan" calendar ends, oh my!
    [SIZE="2"]“The Answer to the Great Question Of.....Life, the Universe and Everything.....(is) Forty-two.”[/SIZE]
    Douglas Adams (British comic Writer, 1952-2001)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    & , TTFN
    Danielle Patricia

Hi Danielle,

While I do live in the Seattle area, and I do work en femme quite often - I don't think my vote would count because I work from home by telecommuting. My commute is nothing more than a trip down the hall to my home office - only an occasional backup near the bathroom while my daughters are getting ready for school. I haven't had to leave the house for work in over 2 years.

As far as when I was working out of the home in the Seattle office (medical insurance), I wasn't brave enough to dress. I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem since the majority of my male co-workers are openly gay and there's even a few MTF TG employees on different floors.

Nicole

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    As an insurance agent, Life and Health, it is definitely not in my best interest to dress enfemme for work. I call on senior citizens most of the time, and would have to do too much explaining. Of course, doing a lot of work on the phone from my home means that Stephanie is in full bloom!!

BTW, I grew up in Portland, Oregon and also lived in both San Francisco and Seattle. Plan to move back to Seattle in a few years!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    As I am now 24/7 I definitely do dress for work. For the first 6 months of this year I dressed for the journey to/from work and (on formal dress days) changed into drabs at the office. I found that less distressing than travelling in drabs. Because of a quirk in my employer's dress code I was able to dress 3 days a week whilst waiting to start my formal transition. Curiously, when I started my transition, the company discovered they did not have a written dress-code for women - unfortunately it was a group of men who wrote it

I work in a call centre doing PC support - customers do not see me but colleagues do.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

8rys, going on walkabout
    I wear womens slacks or jeans to my current job, they are all I own anymore. Prior to that I was a real estate agent, I often wore all female clothing and came off androgynous. I've shown houses with nail polish and light makeup clients either never noticed or cared.

Does a simple "I WISH" work here!! Hehe... I work in a professional customer facing role, so i can think of some really nice stylish looks that i would love to try... gonna have to wait though...

Kisses,
    Jonelle

[SIZE=4]Why yes I do![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I made a conscious decision a few years ago to go that way and went to beauty school in drab, then worked in drab for about a year then sought out a friendly beauty salon to work dressed. I have been dressed at work for over 4 years now and love every single minute of it.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I am a licensed cosmetologist, I do all aspects of hair cutting, coloring and styling. Additionally, I am a MAC makeup artist and do permanent makeup on clients. Daily working with a bunch of varied aged girls is a hoot, they seem to have forgotten what I really am, which is just fine with me.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I am the flashiest dressed girl on the floor, wear ample makeup (I am a makeup artisit after all!) and only two of us ever wear heels to work, which I do daily. I used to take pictures virtually every day but it became a moot point. All of my current pictures are on the net in various places anyway.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]It really is fun when a new client comes in and asks the receptionist for me and when I ask them why they asked for me, I generally get something like "you were the only one that seemed to be really put together, the others look like they just got out of bed..."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]That's my story and I'm sticking to it![/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

As I see so many viewings but so few posts I only ask whether you go to work dressed en femme and if you wish give a quick description of your job or profession. No personal info required here. Just a light hearted thread to see how many are blessed to be able to go to work dressed as most of us would love to do. Thanks for your replies.

DaniPat
    Welcome to 2012, only 11 months until the "Mayan" calendar ends, oh my!
    [SIZE="2"]“The Answer to the Great Question Of.....Life, the Universe and Everything.....(is) Forty-two.”[/SIZE]
    Douglas Adams (British comic Writer, 1952-2001)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    & , TTFN
    Danielle Patricia

Always underdressed, occasionally outer clothes too but in stealth mode (could pass as men's clothes), never yet in full femme mode at work, and I doubt that'll ever happen. I'm in a conservative medical/academic environment. Very old school approach.

No. No plans to at the moment. I might gravitate towards a more femme style over the next year. Mind you I said that last year and it fizzled out before April, but we shall see. I think this year more "softly softly catchy monkey" than "YEAH! I'm a trans-rights commando. Eat my skirts!" as I sarted planning to be

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I wear panties all the time but not ready to be en femme at work...yet....
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    I wear panties all the time but not ready to be en femme at work...yet....
    That pretty much describes it for me, too.

Nope. I have undressed a couple times, but never fully en femme. Unfortunately probably never will either.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica renee View Post
    Nope. I have undressed a couple times, but never fully en femme. Unfortunately probably never will either.
    WOW! How do they handle THAT at the office?
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

There is NO WAY that I could wear my Fem clothes at work! I work in construction.-you know the "tuff guy" attitude people have. Heck- I'm afraid to even wear panties underneath, in case I get hurt and some nurse in the OR at some hospital would see me wearing them. But OH would I ever just LOVE to wear girls clothes 24/7 !!! You folks out there that can do it are real lucky!

I'm a locomotive engineer for a major railroad. I'm required to wear long pants (jeans) and lace up work boots with a defined heel. I don't think ladies fashion would go well in this environment, not to mention the fact that all of my coworkers would freak out which I'm not ready for.
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd

I wore women's jeans and tops and ear rings all the time... and in the summer i wore women's shorts and tops and ear rings... when we had meetings with our customers, I wore suits and ties... some people noticed... a few got turned on... yet most just accepted it...

I have started working at my local salvation army store which involves dealing with the public I do this fully dressed and I find that most people are quite accepting of me .I am not sure why but it might be because they see that I am employed, so I must have approval from my employer to be dressed the way that I feel comfortable with. And if there is any uncomfortableness I tell people that it is alright that they are embarrassed because it is not something that people see every day and once they get over the shock most of these people are quite supportive and encourage me. I am loving life now and this is all before I have started my transition

yes i do even though the clothing is not that feminine as im a industrial refrigeration engineer I wear woman's work uniform and overalls and woman's size safety boots.

Never fully dressed at work (manufacturing in the midwest), but always wear panties or panty hose, occasionally will put on a bra.

Not in the office. I do work from home on occasion and take that opportunity to dress. Makes the job more enjoyable to do it while dressed in skirt and heels, just try to stay on the carpet when talking on the phone.

I don't yet (except for women's jeans and underclothes) but in the next few months, possibly weeks, I will be. I've already told one of the assistant managers, all I need to do now is tell the head dog. Not looking forward to that meeting, but it's something that I've got to do.
    I do Maint. work overnight at a movie theater in Western Missouri.

Silver Member
    I guess it doesn't count, but I under dress to work on many occasions and I love to do it, i work in a male dominated profession and I wonder how many others there are like me that are hiding their other passion beneath their drab exterior

Hi, just at the begining of December I got a job working behind a bar! It's been great, no issues at all although I do seem to be in demand for photo's with people who visit the bar! Working tonight, New Years Eve, really looking forward to it: just done my nails and trying not to smudge them whilst typing! Happy New Year everyone.
    Hugs Amanda x
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

I'm a stay at home dad and freelance writer/editor. My office is in the back of my house, and my commute is the two minutes it takes me to come downstairs and make coffee. So, yeah. I go to work en femme as often as I can. Of course, as the kid gets older my Molly time is going to be a bit curtailed until we get her into pre-school.