Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you go to work dressed en femme?

For several years before I transitioned nothing in my wardrobe was male. Nothing I wore to work was overly feminine but it wasn't male. I'm a systems engineer and work in customer support. Thankfully I work in an office which allows me the ability dress nicely. Since I went full time I've worn a skirt or dress almost every day to work
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by thechic View Post
    yes i do even though the clothing is not that feminine as im a industrial refrigeration engineer I wear woman's work uniform and overalls and woman's size safety boots.

If you were the one serving my HVAC unit I do believe it would some how get "broken" all the time.

"I must have bad luck! anyway get here as soon as you can!"

Even though I'm retired I do work now & then, and its always enfemme.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I'm semi retired,work at home,but I do go to VA doctor appointments dressed in low rise bootcut jeans,and some nice high heels,nothing ****ty looking,usually prefer the two tone nine west heels or the Bandolino Serece platform pumps,no one notices what kind of shoes they are until I sit down,and my pant leg comes up.

Once my doctor told me I was a creep,and walked out of the room,just letting me sit there,I filed a complaint against him,and now I have a different doctor,hadn't met her yet,I hope she doesn't get jealous because I can walk in 4 inch heels without wobbling....LOL

At home,I'm always dressed,I very seldom wear anything male,all my jeans are womens low rise,either bootcut or skinny,all my shirts are womens shirts,tunics,big shirts,and polo shirts,yes I have skirts and dresses,I never go out in public wearing them,too dangerous around here.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Not unless they have unisex rest rooms Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I work in a library, as a cataloger. I wish I could dress en femme. I think it would be quite a chellenge to the powers that be in recognizing freedom of gender expression on the job as a crossdresser, not a TS...
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

I think you are very fortunate to be able to do, what you do. You sound happy, and satisifised in your Lifesty. I do not know more you can ask for. Your pictures are always great!

Account is closed
    Well I'm not going to go to work naked now am I?
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    no, I wish!!! Have to wear my corporate outfit or workshop clothes!

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Now that Im a full time TG I work enfemme everyday and its feels great to work in skirts and dresses and be like one of the girls.

I work in two occupations and I don't dress in either one. I underdress in my profession that I do most of the time (telephone/DSL install and repair) but I work outdoors in all kinds of weather (place postal service motto here).
    The other job is Radiation Protection at nuclear power plants and I wear scrubs the whole time. At both places, the women wear the same clothing as the men as one is climbing poles, stringing wires and such and other is industrial.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Anne View Post
    Well I'm not going to go to work naked now am I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiemead12 View Post
    no, I wish!!!
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I don't usually dress en femme to begin with, so I don't at work except on halloween, but in the last few months I have gotten a little bolder with how I dress at work, and I have worn a little bit of eye makeup as well as women's pants to work on a few occasions but then again, I hate my job and would not be at all upset if I were to get fired from it, as long as it happened at a point where I had at least another month's rent saved up.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

The company I work for supplies our work uniforms. Besides I don't think repairing automobiles in a skirt and heels is at all practical. Might be fun, but dangerous.

I am retired now, so I wear a dress every day. When I was working, I was on a Marine base. My job entailed, amongst other things, driving a forklift outside. This required steel toed boots. I did wear panties every day though.

PH, Heels, & Pretty Dress Rachel Lea's Avatar
    I wear pantyhose under my clothes about 5% of the time. I work in engineering in an office.
    Rachel Lea

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    Yes, I dress en-femme daily at work. I work in IT, in Seattle so the area is fairly diverse, as is the work, and the people fairly tolerant. I also work at night, so I dont interface with clients and others much. The mode of dress is fairly casual, Ts and jeans, and I dont wear my forms, bras or makeup. So to the outside observer it is androgynous I would say. But for those that take notice, it is most decidedly female. (stitching on pockets, boat or scoop neck Ts, in bright colors, etc). I get some strange looks from my boss that I maybe see once a quarter for reviews, and a few co workers that come in in the mornings as I leave. But overall I dont get any grief from anyone.

Ive been nudging my presentation more and more over the years. And I think that has helped keep the comfort level with people, as they dont have to make a big adjustment all at once. Had one co worker ask me last month if I colored my hair. My answer was 'yes, for about the last year and a half'. he went 'Oh..' and went back to work. No drama, no problem. Im sure that it has held me back some. But I dont really care. And those that cant deal with it, arent my concern. Im mostly happy with who I am, and where I am in life.

Eve

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    I wear panties all the time but not ready to be en femme at work...yet....
    I do that alot..I love the feel and comfort of wearing panties vs mens underwear anyway..my wife loves to panty shop and such much more now, even when Im with her for me. I prefer panties for one major reason is they help me prevent a jock type rash I seem to get by helping me to keep from sweating down there. We have talked alot about me going out with her to a solon, club, where the "girls" can have fun. I drive truck for a living, so it affords me time to experiment on my own in private alot as far as dressing and trying on different outfits go, I just dont get out of the truck yet..LOL. I have a fear that my chest area(im stocky) and my face will be hard to make passable as a true woman. I so much want to be able to pass and go spend the day with my wife doing the "girls day out" thing with her. So I keep reading and trying sifferent things to help feminize my body and stuff more, but as of yet have not had much success, im a little big in the belly, not alot, but its there, and muscular with tattoos up my arms and a balding dome(curse the Gods..argg).

Yes, I also only underdress for work. Would love to expand my wardrobe choices, but I'm not the boss yet

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Marie P. View Post
    Now that Im a full time TG I work enfemme everyday and its feels great to work in skirts and dresses and be like one of the girls.
    Wow Jennifer, were you working at the same place before you started the transition? If yes, how did it go?

I am unable to at the moment. Though I do wear the occasional panties or nylons to work. On cold days when I've got a heavy sweater or sweatshirt on, I though about putting a bra on.

Not really too much of an option for me being a boat mechanic/repair technician in the Nashville area. It would look REALLY bad if I were wearing a skirt and have to cram myself under one of those tiny consoles to work on a system.....it wouldnt be a pretty sight once my head is under and my high heeled feet and rear end was up on the seat to do the job! LOL!! As far as I go is my underdressing, girl jeans and girl tennis shoes.
    Last edited by erickka; 01-03-2011 at 06:32 AM.

I am almost always under-dressed for work , I know it's not the same but it is who I am.
    Besides I don't think that dressing in a skirt would work too well fixing heavy equipment and trucks ! lol !

I wish i could dress at work but that isn't possible because i work in a hospital and everyone knows me as a male and if i came into work 1 day dressed i would be laughed out the door.