Thread: GG, RG or GW?

GG, RG or GW?

I don't really expect anyone to change the established abbreviations, but there is another crossdressing forum that requests people do not use the term "GG" because it is also used in reference to a horse. They recommend "RG" for Real Girl.

I'm thinking that RG is not good, because plenty of trans women would identify themselves as a "Real Girl". Instead, I think a better alternative is to drop the "girl" part and use GW = "Genetic Woman". We can't use GF = "Genetic Female", because GF already means Girl Friend.

Likewise, it makes more sense (to me anyhow) to use:
    GM = Genetic Male
    DRAW = DRessed As Woman
    DRAM = DRessed As Man
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

You could just spell it out and remove all doubt.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Hi Juno

You have no idea how many variations there can be

GF Genetic female

FAB female at birth

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1082294
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Gold Member
    I prefer the words as opposed to acronyms as it can get confusing, especially to a newcomer. As Shelley says, there are a lot of them in use from the internet and texting. It is a lot to keep up with and causes a lot of people to have to ask anyway. I remember the first time I saw something like "I was out with my DH...." and I thought the person was talking derogatory about someone.

If I was to use abbreviations which I don't... I'd use FFF for Fearless Fun Female! But this is a forum... Not an instant messenger so I feel no need to abbreviate anything buy LOL.... Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

This is a tough one because I've actually had my head handed to me on another forum for using "gg". The arguments against this term...

1. Women do not like to be referred to as "girls".

Rebuttal: I've gotten grief once before on this site as well for using such a term. My take is that in my travels, I often hear women refer to themselves as girls (being "one of the girls", "girls night out", etc).

2. How is a layperson to say for certain whether a woman is in fact genetic female w/o chromosomal analysis?

Rebuttal: Oh please, this is really splitting hairs.

Furthermore, as has been pointed out, "real girl" is how many of us might identify even if we happen to be trans. Female at birth is the same difference. There is no question I was female at birth yet I'd be hard pressed to assume the stature of GG or one of the other terms used to describe the typical woman in society's eyes.

So all of that said, out of respect for the arguments made in the other forum, I began using the term "natal female" in my writings, whether posting there or in this forum. Doing so has never created any kind of issue at all. Yet depending on context, I will not shy away from using "girl" at times, verbally or in writing, whether referring to a natal woman, myself or even another tg individual.

Now don't get me started on the term "gurl". That one is very disrespectful, IMHO.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

just another can of worms if you ask me .. why not respect me for who i am or what you see ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I think a woman is a woman. We are all Genuine Girls and as Sara pointed out many of us are Female at Birth. Natal female is probably the most politically corrrect term.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

So if I said "my GG friend looks so sexy in that style of dress, I'm jealous" would anyone assume I'm talking about a Horse who's mother and father were both Grey in colour?

Karren- Does LOL mean Last On List!!

I prefer SDBCHB for myself. (Slightly disturbed, but coping human being)...
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    IMNSHO, the only truly unambiguous term for people referred to here as "GG" is "cisgendered female" - that does not imply any age link.

Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    I think a better alternative is to drop the "girl" part and use GW = "Genetic Woman".
    As there is a school of thought that believes transsexuality is genetic, where does that leave me?

I think it leaves me using the accepted convention for these forums.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Gold Member
    I think you are trying to teach a old dog new tricks. Just my thoughts. LOL Rader

GGG (Good Giving Game) GG MiamiMarie's Avatar
    Personally, I prefer GG. A common term used by Savage Love followers is GGG (Good, Giving, Game) which is what everybody should be in bed.

So I am proud to be a GGGGG.

And for the CDs, I prefer "DRAB" and "DRAG"

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I think I will go with Karren!! Just forget the labels and use real names!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Let's see, CD . . . am I talking about a crossdresser? A music disc? A bank certificate of deposit?

If CD isn't confusing, then GG shouldn't be either.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Really doesn't matter to me! Because; IANO!

I Am Not One!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

How about WW for Weal Woman, and NWW for Not Weal Woman? Happy New Years Fools Day!

Quote Originally Posted by kristinacd55 View Post
    How about WW for Weal Woman, and NWW for Not Weal Woman?
    Are you trying to tell us that your male name is Elmer Fudd?
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

Silver Member
    I believe they already use "RG" (real girl) in the UK, as opposed to "GG".

Maybe it is the engineer in me, but sometimes I wish there was some sort of standardization for all of this... maybe ISO can come up with something...

I see nothing wrong with "GG" for a female-born-female, and I don't think anyone takes offense at it. We have to have some shorthand for distinguishing someone an "innie" and no Y-chromosome from the rest of us in forum-speak.

However, if you get into CD/TV/TG/TS/etc. (as well as the many lesser used or proposed terms), well, that's a minefield I won't get into now. (Maybe in a future post, if I get the time and gumption.) Suffice it to say, I have a lot of problems with simplistic labels and categories as they are applied to those who, in some manner, jump the Gender fence. They are not as distinctive as many believe, and fail to take into account the vast, multi-facted spectrum of gender identity and behavior (which is not a neat continuum, but a messy labyrinth of intertwining, serpentine connections and relationships), and I think the minute you plaster one of these labels on someone, it unfairly stereotypes them and raises often incorrect assumptions about them. It also can lead people to feel that certain traits and practices and manifestations are expected of them in their assigned "box," hindering their full and honest expression of who they really are as a unique individual. Labels are for canned corn and mail-order catalogs, not human beings. I think, while we cannot avoid a certain amount of this terminology in our online discourse (we could hardly carry on a conversation otherwise), we must be careful not to absolutely equate any individual with a fixed label that defines them in a rigid manner. Every gender journey is unique.

Well....I guess maybe I won't worry about posting on this subject in the future...I just said pretty much all I wanted to say, anyway. Sorry for running off at the keyboard, and hope I didn't stray too far OT....

Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    GM = Genetic Male
    DRAW = DRessed As Woman
    DRAM = DRessed As Man
    Actually GM is offensive as it refers to a questionable car manufacturer, DRAW when read as an imperative is emotionally damaging to artists suffering from creative block, and a DRAM, even a wee one, is completely unacceptable to any teetotalers.

i try to use only words, but even i tend to shorten words at times.

if someone out there has gotten there panties in a bunch cause they did not like what i typed, then they need to go fix there shorts. and lighten up.

it would be easy to know when one is trying to hurt another and when they are just being lazy in typing. i do not "text" or visit any sites were such is the norm.
    so i do not know all the weird and different ways or what is good, right, wrong, etc. in using only a couple letters for words. i always thought "lol" ment lots of love.
    a good thing, a good way of saying good by...

i do not look into a note, letter, etc to look for the bad, i am not a victim. and believe nobody is..unless they want to be.
    times are changing, ways are changing even faster. so it is time to get back to the real way of talking in the english language, as spoken in your country. or what ever language is the number one in your country. (not a slight just this site is world wide).

and i flunked english in school so i am not a expert.

never thought a woman had a problem with the letters "gg" for a term of a female born. not into horses so i never know it as a term for a horse.
    me i do not like the term drag. in reference to a cross dresser, but if it is not used in a hurtful way i do not really care. it would just be miss-used.

so i guess if one is just talking and not trying to hurt another were is the problem? maybe just ill-informed?

but that is just me.

Loni

The abbreviations on this forum have been used for years and certainly not likely to change.. what other forums prefer is up to them.... in the years that i have been a member there has not been a complaint on how the abbreviations are used and are widely accepted throughout... with that this thread is done...
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]