Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family resemblance

Family resemblance

A recent post by GingerLeigh, recounting her father mistaking an old CDed pic of her for one of her sister, got me to wondering. How many of you feel (or have been told by others) that you strongly resemble your mother or sister(s) when crossdressed?

I had no siblings, but in my CDing heyday, I very much resembled a younger version of my mother, especially in my workplace look during my brief full-time years (conservative hair, makeup, clothes). This was a little unsettling, but also complimentary, as my Mother was a rather attractive lady in her day. It was also not in the least bit surprising, as I had been told all my life by relatives and friends that I looked like her ("Wow...there's no doubt that you're her kid, that's for sure!"). Add femme hairdo and makeup, and the effect was intensified.

Do you see, or have others noted, a resemblance in your own femme appearance to your mother or sister(s)? If so, how do you feel about that? Is it a little freaky, or do you take it as a compliment?
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

Yeah!!! My mother resembles me enfemme!! And my sister resembles my mother.... And were all small breasted man haters!!! Same as my grandmother... Surprised any of them had kids!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I caught one of those rare glance of instant recognition of me looking a little like one of my sisters. I have never seen that resemblance again. But it was a little unsettling when it happened.

Karren, somehow I just knew you'd be one of the first to jump on this. (I almost choked on my Diet Coke when I got to "small breasted man haters!") In the brief time I've been on here, I've concluded that you are outrageous, over the top, and more than a little psycho.

Fortunately, I like that in a person....
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

When made up, I look way too much like my mom. It's almost spooky!

I look like my Mam, but the biggest shock was seeig an old picture she has of her mother, my Nana, taken maybe in the 30s and she is the double of me en femme. It's almost scary

Aspiring Member
    My cousin said to me when i showed her my CD pics, "You know we look so much alike and good for you cuz im hawt!"

She is one of the few ppl i am out to in this world, it was a huge confidence builder for her to say something sweet like that.

-Donni-

Yes, at the nursing home, a nurse said i looked a lot like my mother, in the head and face. Isuspected such, and admit, that some of my photos make me look a lot like her. It bugs me some.

the happy camper
    Growing up, I was always told how much I looked like my mom. I had her hair, her eyes, and her mouth. My older sis has seen me dressed, and she says I look like one of my younger sisters. My wife, however, says I look just like my older sister. lol. I guess it's safe to say there's a strong family resemblance amongst us all. One thing I have in common with those two sisters, unfortunately, is my lack of hips. My mom and my other two sisters don't have that problem.

My wife saw one of my avatars recently and said that I look just like my sisters. I am not so sure that is a good thing.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I shaved my mustache and goatee after 36 yrs so I could start going out and soon as my seen me she said "you look so much like your older sister".
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

No, I resemble my father, and I don't have any sisters. However, I found some pictures of him when he was young and thing he would have been a good looking MtF, certainly better than me. My mom told me about one time when he had no clean underwear, and she gave him some panties to wear to work. He did, and was fairly indifferent about wearing them. So, he is at least not biased against the idea. I think he missed out on a lot of fun.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

I look like my mother a lot. Honestly, even when I'm not CDing, I look a lot like mom.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    yes i do look like my mom when im made up!

Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    Karren, somehow I just knew you'd be one of the first to jump on this. (I almost choked on my Diet Coke when I got to "small breasted man haters!") In the brief time I've been on here, I've concluded that you are outrageous, over the top, and more than a little psycho.

Fortunately, I like that in a person....
    Thats why Karren is who she is,personally I wouldn't want her to be any other way.

As for me,I don't look like anyone in my family,but I have been told I look like s**t.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Does our family dog count?

At my mother's funeral five years ago, a co-worker of mine saw a picture of my Mom from when she was about 17 years old and insisted that it must have been a picture of me, dressed up. I had never appreciated the resemblance before but, in looking at that portrait with him, I had to agree -- with a little makeup and my hair styled the same, I really could look just like a young version of my mother. That's not a bad thing, since she was quite a good looking lady, especially in her teens and 20s.

Equally interesting was that the guy assumed, with no hesitation or implied judgment at all, that I apparently routinely dressed like that. (I do, of course, but I'm not fully out about it at work.)

- Diane

I dont see a strong resemblence to any family members.
    I do see a few features that I got from Mom.
    People would say oh you have your moms eyes, but I never saw it until made up.
    Then again makeup also pointed out what I got from dad so maybe it just made me look closer :-)

Since I see both sides its not freaky or uncomfortable for me.
    Last edited by Cari; 01-02-2011 at 02:05 AM.

fierce glamazon
    Quote Originally Posted by VanessaVW View Post
    When made up, I look way too much like my mom. It's almost spooky!

me too!!!

The first time I really made an effort with makeup I was surprised to see a remarkable resemblance to my cousin. I don't think I look anything like her as a bloke but made up we could be sisters.

My wife tells me I look just like my mother, when I dress.

I look like my younger sister, the poor thing!
    Dana Fleming

I do see some features from my mother, but, when I first put on my new wig and looked in the mirror, I thought, OMG, I look just like my younger sister!

Yes, I have been told a few times that I look like my sister and a couple of nieces. Really I don't find this surprising as we are have genetic material in common and the feminine presentation would likely show. I can see resemblances to my Aunties on my fathers side which support this.

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

The only resemblence I bear to my mom or sisters is in the size of my boobs. My mom was a petite 4' 11", 110 lbs but wore a 36D bra. All my sisters are D cup or larger, so yep I blend in with the rest of the family.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land