Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The shaving issue returns

The shaving issue returns

Like many of you I have danced between full on dressing and complete abstinence.
    I recently removed all traces of my activity on this forum because I just became a bit afraid. Well, now I am back and so much bolder.

I LOVE dressing. It makes me happy and content, It brings me closer to a body and gender that I have always identified with. So to my question.

I want to shave my legs. I like the feel and look of it. However, I'm not sure what my girlfriend would think. I recently injured my left shin so if I shave that area it would be explainable in a health way.

Another reason I might have is that my sister wants to physically train me
    (luckily I'm a waif who fits well in girls attire). She would prefer I shaved in certain areas in order too see the muscle growth and definition.

Also, my job has to do with video animation work. A lot of the time I act as a model for the characters os screen. In the past, have grown long hair, shaved my head, and even grown a mustache for purposes of acting and work. Shaving could be lumped into this behavior.

Mostly though I feel like I need to be who I want to be. If shaving makes me happy and there is no harm to her.. maybe its not such a big deal

unless she starts to think I'm a freak.

When you do the green screen work do you have to wear one of those body suites!

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrogredick View Post
    I want to shave my legs. I like the feel and look of it. However, I'm not sure what my girlfriend would think.
    Two possibilities you seem to have missed:

1 Ask her how she would feel before doing it

2 Do it, then if asked reply "I like it"
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

She is a sweetheart who is only beginning to have her eyes opened to he variety of the world. So asking before might lead to a giggle and a silly answer. doing it first then saying, I like it could very well work. Egghh I just don't want to weird the cutie out.
    '

Oh and brandy you're funny! Show us your face!!!!

NO suits are needed for what I'm doing in particular.
    Last edited by az_azeel; 01-02-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: merged posts.. please use your edit button

Shave, it's your legs. Do you really have to explain to anyone? Personally, I don't like the look of hair on my body. I'm not fully sure why that is. But for years, even before fully CD-ing, I have shaved my chest and legs and underarms, face. Now, I keep all hair off of my body, except on top of my noggin.

The feel of smooth legs is really neat, especially with nylons.

Mackenzie

Well since you leaned back this way you may as well go the distance.I think once you shave it will be hard not to stay that way.You'll love the feel and look.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

My advice is to shave your legs and hope she doesn't say anything. If she calls you on it then go with the physical training explanation.
    Hopefully, that will buy you some time until you get to the point where you can tell her about your cding.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    I have lasered away my hair from the neck down, Im so happy I rid of most my hair! It was so unsexy!

I think the first thing you have to do is stop thinking of yourself as a freak. Just because you are someone that not everybody else is does not mean you are a freak. Not everyone is left handed, but left handed people are not freaks. Not everyone has freckles, but those with freckles are not freaks. You are not a freak.

Second, I'm not going to tell you when or how you should talk to your girlfriend about your crossdressing, but I'm starting to become a proponent of telling a prospective partner before things get too serious. If things are really serious between you two, she has a right to know the whole you, and she should have the right to walk out of the relationship before you both have so much invested in it that you cannot without leaving some very deep scars.

If you continue to hide this side of you from her, shaving your legs will only be the first of many issues that you have to face, and most likely the least serious issue you will have to face.

Come ro terms with yourself, then come to terms with her.

Just my opinion.

Grace,
    Bobbi

I think that you should start with shaving your legs, since you are really thinking about it, and then use, as you said, your shin injury or your sister for starters...see how she takes it, and then if she is "ok" with it, then continue. Over time, you really do need to let her know who you are, and all the different parts of you - but everything happens over time

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    There are really two main points to be answered. The first is, it is your body we are talking about and what you do with your body is your business and no one else's! The second question to be answered is, does your girlfriend know you are a crossdresser? If she does know, than shaving your legs should not much of a shock. if she does not know, I would suggest that you tell her!! Otherwise, you will be living a lie, which will ultimately cause problems.

Jumping back to the first point, if I were you I would just shave the legs and if she asks why just tell her that you like them that way!! I bet she will like them also!! I know my late wife loved my shaved legs all the many years we had together.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Please don't start this relationship with deceit . Please !

I remember when my own dear husband shaved for the first time without explanation. Thou I knew about his being a cd , I didn't understand the shaveing [ seemed like a huge jump to me ] and the being left in the dark as to why was the hardest part. This was the early 70's so books were no help, in fact they were worse. Be honest with her, it's the only way to keep the relationship true. What will happen if you lie now and she learns the truth later ? Nothing good , IMO.
    Please let her in, take her with you on this journey, or you will hurt her more than you know. Her imagination can go wild.

My opinion [ and alot of other GGs here ]
    I only want the best for you and yours

Presh GG

Presh GG

Silver Member
    Just get in the bathtub with her and shave her legs then hand the razor to her and say now its her turn to shave what she wants off on you. Might be more than leg hair which might be fun too.

PH, Heels, & Pretty Dress Rachel Lea's Avatar
    I started shaving my legs last spring, no one noticed. I wore shorts most all summer no comments not even from my wife (she does not know about my Rachel yet). Best move I made.
    Rachel Lea

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Although I have been dressing for 25 years, I only just started shaving my legs a couple of months ago. I was getting tired of wearing stockings and seeing the long dark hair through them. At first, I used a grooming shaver to leave the hair about 1/4" long. That was fine for a bit, but then one day I said the hell with it and shaved them entirely with a safety razor. I'm much happier with how my legs look with stockings now, but I will probably stop shaving when spring comes and it's shorts season again

To shave or not to shave: that is the question...

Just do it. BTW, I use an epilator to pull those hairs out by the root all over my body except my face and head (I do leave some light hair on my arms and a bit of pubic hair). I only have to do it about every week to 10 days. I work in the yard in short shorts (only) and no one says a thing. Your attitude about it is important; if anyone says anything to me about it, I just tell them my wife likes it.

When my wife asked me why, I just told her I liked the way it feels. And she does, too. But you need to give some real thought to telling your GF that you are a CD. Longer you wait, harder it will be. And if you get serious, it's a must. Better not to get serious if she cannot deal with it. I've been married for a long time to my first wife and I think this is good advice for you.

I'd recommend going ahead and shaving. You'd be surprised how little people notice or care - except for your SO. She may have a strong opinion...

I don't know if you want my advice after the other thread, lol. But here it is anyway.

I don't know how serious you are with this girl, if you plan on building a life together or anything. If you're just dating right now, I think it would be OK to just shave and tell her you do it because you like to.

BUT (and this is a huge BUT ... ), you do eventually want to have honesty in your relationships, especially if they become serious. You do want your girlfriend to love you for all of who you are, and not just based on a mask that you put on because you're afraid she may not like your inner self. The people who say that the CDing is just something they "do", and it has nothing to do with their inner landscapes, are not being entirely honest with themselves, IMO.

I read something that struck me once, in a book about Honesty. The author said that when we decide to not disclose the truth or when we lie, we are making the decision, for the other person, that he or she will not be able to handle the truth. We manipulate the situation in order for it to turn to our advantage. So when we do this, we are being controlling and distrustful of others, which is not a pretty picture if you aim to take the high road in life.

Not saying you need to tell her right away ... just offering food for thought.
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-02-2011 at 10:18 PM.
    Reine

First of all it is unlikely anyone will notice at least not right away. I shaved my arms awhile ago and thought my wife would freak out. It took her like two weeks to even notice and then when she did notice all she said was GGs don't shave their arms.
    I think your body is yours to do what you like with, That being said TELL THE GIRL. Lieing is almost never the right approach and not telling your SO about your CDing is lying by omission. Not sure what to say? Just tell her what you know ie. I like to wear skirts and femme tops some times and shave my legs.

When she ask if your gay tell her the truth what ever that is.
    If she dosent ask, tell her about your sexual orientation because she will be wondering.

There is nothing in the world that feels like freshly shaved legs. It is amazing. If nothing else just try it in t winer months and then maybe trim your leg hair sort in the summer and see what reaction you receive.

Its your hair. But its her fantasy.
    On the other hand it will grow back. Athletes shave. Its actually a good way to be in tune with physicality of body.

Quote Originally Posted by Presh GG View Post
    Be honest with her, it's the only way to keep the relationship true. What will happen if you lie now and she learns the truth later ? Nothing good , IMO.
    Please let her in, take her with you on this journey, or you will hurt her more than you know. Her imagination can go wild.

My opinion [ and alot of other GGs here ]
    I only want the best for you and yours
    I agree with presh on this.. If she does know about your CDing talk to her before you do shave. Its respectful and just in case she has some concern etc you wont go pushing through any boundaries. If she doesnt know about CDing I do suggest somehow brining it up to her cause you need to open and honest. It makes the best relationships. I found out on my own about my husband and deep in my heart I wish years ago he would of been able to tell me himself. I have a issue with shaving now and am getting use to the smaller things. But its part of him I was always attracted to physically (hes not like a ape and really hairy, he has a mild amount of body hair).. and I know that shaving doesnt change him but it changes a physical part to me that you cant just put back on at night and take off again when you dont want it. I fell in love with my husband and I still want a piece of that around a bit. Seems silly but we all have our preferences with it..
    I love the fact that my husband can piss me off and make me laugh within seconds of each other!
    I can handle being alone, but doesn't want to be married and feeling alone.
    The only reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because you don't have to mow that lawn.
    Husbands are like children, they behave best when they are sleeping.
    It's always nice when your husband just looks at you and tells you out of the blue, "You are Beautiful"

Quote Originally Posted by Janet too View Post
    There is nothing in the world that feels like freshly shaved legs. It is amazing. If nothing else just try it in t winer months and then maybe trim your leg hair sort in the summer and see what reaction you receive.
    There is no reason to trim you hair short. If you want to shave you legs, then shave them!! They are your legs and it is no one's business what you do with them. Stand up for what you believe and don't make excuses if anyone asks you.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Piora View Post
    Although I have been dressing for 25 years, I only just started shaving my legs a couple of months ago. I was getting tired of wearing stockings and seeing the long dark hair through them. At first, I used a grooming shaver to leave the hair about 1/4" long. That was fine for a bit, but then one day I said the hell with it and shaved them entirely with a safety razor. I'm much happier with how my legs look with stockings now, but I will probably stop shaving when spring comes and it's shorts season again
    There is no reason to stop shaving when it is shorts season. That is the time that you really need to shave. A lot of GG's shave less when their legs are not exposed, but ensure that they are shaved when their legs are exposed. We should do the same. It is not anyone's business if your legs are shaved or not. Remember they are your legs. Don't give other people so much power over you.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

The first time I shaved my legs, my wife didn't notice. So one day as she was sitting, I walked up and put my leg in her lap. She looked up and said "What?" I had to take her hand and rub my leg and finally she said "Oh yeah, you shaved".
    I know guys with no leg hair (or perhaps very short, fine, and light colored, but not visible anywway). Nobody comments.