Thread: Lived One of My Dreams on New Year's Eve

Lived One of My Dreams on New Year's Eve

I have always dreamed of going to congregational religious services as myself.

I've frequently been underdressed at services and have always seen it as a way to really let God know that I recognize and accept His plan for who I am.

Ive been a member of a congregation's Ladies Auxiliary for some time and attend meetings en femme, but have never attended services fully dressed.

On New Year's Eve the womens' group that my spouse and I belong to was having a house party at one of the womens' homes. But some of the members were planning on going to New Year's Eve services first, at a congregation that we're not directly affiliated with.

My spouse and I decided to join them. It was my first time attending services fully en femme.

So there I was, me, not en drab "him," participating and praying with around 150 people. For the first time in my life it felt so natural and so wonderful!

Afterwards we went to the New Year's Eve party and had a lovely time with our group.

There were only two known males in the room -- one was the hostesses' gigantic dog and the other was the husband of one of the women. The poor guy (the husband, not the dog) was stuck in the corner of the couch, trying to avoid breathing for fear that he would be overwhelmed by estrogen. He and his wife left a bit before midnight.

The rest of us gathered in a circle and welcomed in the New Year with raised glasses of champagne.

Our congregation is having it's annual Ladies' Auxiliary service in a couple of weeks. This year perhaps I may finally join the other women up on stage.

(That's not a cane next to my right arm, it's part of the rocking chair behind me).
    Last edited by Persephone; 01-02-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    You are a very good looking lady!! I did go to a New Years Eve party at my Church, but in drab since I was with my daughter and son-in-law! They both know that I CD, but I do not dress around them! Well, except for underdressing!! I am too well known at my Church to try to pass as Stephanie at Church!

A Very Happy New Years to you!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Persephone, my heart goes out to you, as you must be bursting with joy hun....happy new yr. truly a beautiful lady! [ and to be so accepted in the group!!! a dream come true]

hugs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

congratulations sis dreams do come true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    You look very nice Barbara! It is great to do an every day thing as yourself and not worry about it.

Not getting self concious on the cane are we? With the gym time you get, you can probably run circles around many of us.

Wow! What a wonderful story. You are such an inspiration for all of us.

You looked absolutely beautiful! I know what you mean speking about the one's hubby. I spent my new years with an estrogen filled room!

Wow, what a great story. I am so happy for you and i'm glad you got a chance to live out your dream!! Contiue to do what you love!!

Sounds like a wonderful time and you looked positively glowing in your sweater and skirt. I hope you get the chance to join the other women on stage.

Thanks to all who posted! Y'all are so kind!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Not getting self concious on the cane are we?
    Heck, Sue, at my age it is scary enough that there is a rocking chair in the room!

Quote Originally Posted by erickka View Post
    You looked absolutely beautiful! I know what you mean speking about the one's hubby. I spent my new years with an estrogen filled room!
    I hope you enjoyed every minute of it!

In our case it was really funny to watch what was going on!

He regularly accompanies his wife to our events, and sometimes there is one other husband there so they have each other for company. When we go to restaurants and such the clear expectation is that they will sit someplace else, not at the women's table.

But here he was, alone and stuck in a room full of women. It was clear that he'd been warned at home that he was a "guest," not a member, because every time he started to say something his wife would either cut him off or subtly poke him.

Poor guy!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Barabra,

First off, you look incredible! That long-distance trip must've really agreed with you.

What you did is something I can only hope to do in my congregation. Southern Baptists aren't exactly known as a bastion of tolerance, I'm afraid.

Still, who knows? I already have the clothes. I already have the friends that I believe might support me. Still, I think I'll wait.

Sure looks good on you, though!

Kathi

THank you for your compliment, Kathi! You are always so sweet!

In some places, like the ladies auxillary at our regular congregation, I rely on tolerance. Perhaps as Blanch says in A Streetcar Named Desire, "I have always relied on the kindness of strangers."

In other places we all seem to rely on Chutzpah. In case that isn't a common word in some places, it comes from the Hebrew word ḥuṣpâ (חֻצְפָּה) which basically means insolence or audacity. You know, like the boy who murders his parents and then throws himself on the mercy of the court because he is an orphan.

But it is definitely going to get even weirder! At least for the next week or so.

The congregation that I attended en femme is having a superb visiting guest speaker over the weekend. My spouse and I want to attend. I feel that now that I've been there en femme, I should continue to go there en femme.

But my son (he's fine with his "Aunt") is in town and his unaware girlfriend is going to be visiting for a week. He has plans for one overlapping time, so if we can depend upon timing, we can leave the house after them and return before them. But the second session may be pretty dicey. We'll see!

Hugs,
    Persephone.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Sounds incredibly fun and uplifting! Please, oh please, let us know how it goes.

Kathi