Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closet dressers, how did u tell your male buds you dress in private?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Closet dressers, how did u tell your male buds you dress in private?

NOT your SO or relatives. U may be used to having intimate discussions with them. But, if you're like me, u DON'T with your male buds!

Remember, NO ONE would EVER guess I dress! I'm a typical, sloppy, facial hair, "Hey, how 'bout those Lakers", kind of guy.

Should I say, "Have u ever seen a CD up close?" Then, go from there?
    Or, "What if I told u I have a new hobby. I wear ladies clothes!"
    Any other suggestions?

What then?
    If they ask me, "Why?" Should I tell the TRUTH? That it excites me! Or, simply defer answering?

Should I admit I've been doing this privately for many years and have CD friends around the globe? That I now go out occasionally and dress to the 9's? What if they want to see a picture? They'd crap owls if they saw Sherry!

Have any closet CDs out there told your male buds? How'd u do it?
    Maybe we should all just stay in our closets for the time being?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    I would not even dream about telling any of my male friends.
    I hold an office in the American Legion and the VFW, Should I be outed,
    I believe I would be "Black Balled" by both org. I would not like that at all.
    So in the closet I stay. Besides, Paul Bunion just does not look good in a dress. LOL Rader

It completely depends on your situation of needs as far as your male friends go`s but i would not directly tell them , i give people little hints by what i wear and things like makeup and nail varnish and let them decide , if they speak to me again then fine if not that their choice, you will soon know if they are accepting of it or not without having to say " hey i wear women's clothes"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Former Member
    I would never tell my male friends. There are a few things that are more important to me than crossdressing. Friends are one of them. I would never want to damage a friendship, and that is what it would happen if I told them. No one would ever know I am a crossdresser. I can belch, fart and talk sports with the best of them. I want to keep it that way.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I haven't told my buddies, but I've thought about it recently. It seems to me that it's something that will be unique to each person and situation. I'll be looking for opportunities, but I'm not sure how seriously I'll pursue this choice just yet.

I just re-read your post. It will be easier to tell them I dress in private than it will be to tell them the truth that I dress and go out in public and am active in a support group and spend plenty of time on-line with my girlfriends. Yeah, as Samantha says, it's nice to have folks with whom you can belch, fart and talk sports without having any sub-text to worry about.
    Last edited by Sarah Doepner; 01-05-2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: added a thought
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

what are u nuts, why would u, if your closeted, makes no sense, your not going anywhere, no one will see u, are u self destructive???
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

I only told one male friend of mine, and that was because we were having a heart-to-heart discussion. He was trying to come out Gay, after being heavily closeted, and I was the first person he told. I was telling him "We all have secrets", and so I told him.

I've never told any other male friend of mine. There's no point for me. I gain nothing by it. I'm not going to be dressing in front of them. I don't have any desire to discuss the general issues of crossdressing with them, or my inner feelings about it, or anything else. Telling them would bring nothing to the table that I don't already have, and risks things that I do not currently risk. So, I don't tell them.

I would not, except I would admit to dressing up for halloween. If asked I just say it is fun because I enjoy the reactions of the people at the party...which is true. As far as other times... no one wants to know the details...I'm sure. Its like having a hobby your friends are not in too...its just not a topic we share.
    Chickie

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    If they ask me, "Why?"
    Yeah, that's my question, too.

Although my query is different, as in: Why do you feel a need to disclose this particular aspect of your personality to your friends? Risk versus reward, and what do you hope to gain? Just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry
    Have any closet CDs out there told your male buds? How'd u do it?
    Not about to. Really not something I think we'd share in common.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry
    Maybe we should all just stay in our closets for the time being?
    Seems too confining. Closets are for wardrobes. That's why I consider myself an "in-house" crossdresser, rather than a "closeted" one. I just don't feel the need to "out" myself to my friends.

However, do let us know how it goes if you tell 'em. Should be interesting.

"Should I admit I've been doing this privately for many years and have CD friends around the globe? That I now go out occasionally and dress to the 9's? What if they want to see a picture? They'd crap owls if they saw Sherry!"

To me that says you already go out and you are not in the closet. So please this is no closet question.
    As for telling others I have when it was needed but to just tell people . That would be like trying to say something that most are not really interested in. Why do that? what is the need to tell others, are you trying to make a point about it for some reason?
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

No chance I'd ever tell a male friend, unless I already had the benefit of knowing that they were a crossdresser too. If I'm found out, I'd tell information as it needed to be revealed (which is to say, I wouldn't say very much), but if I'm online shopping for Dani and a male friend text messages me, the answer to "whatcha up to?" will invariably be "this and that."
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Hell no way I would tell my "aquaintances" loosely termed friends/mates. It would become public knowledge fast and I treasure my peace and quiet life at home. I have a hectic and stressful work place so no need to make my CDing known to "aquaintances". Like I bet I would get invited on a deep sea fishing trip to spend some time on the oceans bottom providing entertainment for those carniverous creatures that frequent those depths. I have not even got a nice swimsuit for that date so I can't go.

a bit nutty
    Uh,... no.

You know I always thought I'd look prettier if my lips were fuller, not fatter and split wide open from a punch! That's about all I'd gain if I told my buddies about my softer side. A fat lip and maybe a broken nose. After that, I'd have no friends at all.

Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer easton View Post
    what are u nuts, why would u, if your closeted, makes no sense, your not going anywhere, no one will see u, are u self destructive???
    Why don't you tell how you really feel girl.I was thinking along those same lines but you already said it.No offense sherry.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

I have not told any of my male friends. Mostly because they wouldn't care one way or the other once the questioned where asked. I kind of tested this thetis when I went to our fantasy football draft in flip flops. Big deal you say. I had all my toes painted as usual. This night they where silver with black tiger stripes and a glitter top coat. 14 guys. Only comment in 3 hours was " nice nails " not another word was or has been said.
    But honestly. Why tell them? What's in it for you? For them? Are you trying to shock them for any other reason except you will?

So unless they are raving on about how vile tranvestites are or such I would keep it to yourself.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I have only a couple male friends. I have the same reason not to tell them anything, that I use for my family too, its just none of their business.

I agree with others, I can't see the point. I could reveal it to my friends but I know already how each individual would react so why should I. They don't need to know because I don't go out in public. Most of them do know of my love of high heels so I just assume some might have an idea.

Simply, I don't........ I have a brother that I think knows.... but it is not out i the open and I don't want it to be
    The reason you close your eyes when you dream, when you kiss, and when you pray is because the best things in life aren't seen with your eyes, but are felt with your heart.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    No interest in telling them at all. I just don't see the point for me

Surely this is a "need to know" thing, and why would your male friends need to know?

I told 2 male friends about Denise , I even told one of them I went out as Denise before. Yes the one I told has seen me dressed for Halloween so he has seen Denise before. Reason for telling was , the wife was gonna out me after a fight so I decided that they should hear it from me.. Both guys were cool about it and I even showed pics, the one calls me lady now when we talk

I have confided in a buddy only once. He is someone I have been friends with for a long time, and who I knew was open minded enough to listen and not judge. It felt great having that chance to speak aloud about it. He has even witnessed me dressing. We don't really talk about it now, but only because it doesn't really come up. I doubt any of my other friends would be so accepting so I have opted to quietly keep it to myself in their presence.

Gold Member
    I just came right out and told my best male friend (after a long time thinking about it) and he had no problem with it. In fact, he's been very supportive!

No current male acquaintances know I crossdress as far as I know, and I don't intend to tell them. They're good people in every other way, they just don't understand the concept of straight crossdressers (much like the rest of the general public).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Cost/Benefit. Are you going to benefit from the revelation? Is the benefit worth the possible cost?

In my case, absolutely not. My friends would likely understand, but it wouldn't strengthen our friendship in any tangible way and bears the possibility of disaster.