Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you have no intention of letting your family know about your girly side?

Do any of you have no intention of letting your family know about your girly side?

Ive never been that close with any of my close family (by that I mean, my parents & siblings).
    So I don't really see the need for me to ever tell them, they probably would accept me, but I just can't see any reason to tell them.

Is anyone else like this?

I am very close to my family. Apart from my ex wife, but we won’t go there.
    But like you I see no reason at all to tell them and never will.
    But for some it is very important.
    We are all different I suppose.

SUZY

Every body already knows about me

No, hadn't planned on it but my wife found out any way.... My brother knows because I outed myself to him in high school... He tried it but doesn't as far as I now. .
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My wife sees me almost daily as Mackenzie. Two of our daughters, 14 and 21, found out this summer. Our 14-year old was putting shoes away in my wife's and my closet and saw my 3 wigs. So, she told her older sister that there were wigs in the closet. They knew that their mom didn't wear wigs, so they had to be mine. They snooped a bit more and found many of my clothes, makeup, jewelry, and who knows what else. So, my 21-year old calls me on my cell phone and wants answers. She was very vague and I actually thought she was inquiring about a squabble that my wife and I were having. Later when my wife told me what the daughter meant by calling me, I told my wife that I would have been totally honest with the daughters if they would have just asked me directly.

Anyway, other than that, I don't plan on announcing to the family about my CD-ing. They wouldn't understand anyway. Even my precious wife has a hard time figuring me out, but she loves me like you wouldn't believe!!!

Mackenzie

Slightly Confused annabellejorden's Avatar
    I have some family that lives here in Portland.
    They are all on my kids mothers side.
    They for the most part know.

My family on my side mostly lives in Washington.
    They don't know.
    Some of then never will.
    They had a hard enough time with me being a successful computer programmer and having NOT gone to collage.

I may tell my dad, step mom, and sister, but haven't really decided yet.

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    Only my wife is all that knows of Tanya and is supportive. No intentions on letting anyone else know if at all possible. Well other than the 50 or so in my TG Support group. Well and the 20 plus SA's that have welcomed me. That's all, and no one else, well lets hope it stays that way.

Tanya

My sister knows, but I don't have any plans to tell family or others about my CDing.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Single and happy CD here, though a partner would be wonderful, so I have no need to come out to my friends and family.

The avvy pic isn't me
    I would have liked to have told my Mother before she passed, she always wanted a daughter, but settled for 4 sons. I think she knew anyhow as many times as she caught me when i first began at age 5 or so, and found some of my things in my mid-teens.
    My dad and brothers? while we are all non judgemental folks and they would accept it easily enough, but it would still be a burden in some sense, as the dynamic would change. Besides i want to always be a brother and son to them.

For those who are more along the TG spectrum, it is more of a necessity.
    Cassie

My wife knows but prefers invisibility and we don't discuss things. My youngest daughter found out a few years ago... but we have never discussed it and we have a great relationship. I only dress at home when no-one is around (apart from under-dressing maybe 60% of the time).

No other family members know and I have no intention of telling them. There is quite frankly no reason for them to know. It will not add anything positive to our relationships but could cause problems and upset. I have no desire to cause any of my family any further distress than I have already caused them.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

No i will never tell and dont see any reason to tell. I dont know what i want with my crossdressing. I just do it. Its just a secret part of me nothing else, no big deal. Everyone has secret parts in life and if everyone knew everything about everyone we all would be confused as hell.

Thats why i dont use facebook.

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    I haven't told anyone in my family yet. I was going to blurt it out when I started, but just having my ears pierced had a few of them going: "Aren't you only supposed to get one ear pierced? Isn't it only gay guys that get both ears done?" I think the next time they ask, I'm just going to say "Well, then - I guess I'm a homosexual. What of it?"

My sister will find out after I die and she has to clean out my apartment. She will see my wardrobe. I hope she doesn't have a heart attack.

Karen Sue

I figure what they dont know cant hurt them; Im sure they all suspect.
    If I think that my activities will affect people in someway I try to tell them before that happens.
    I am carefull with what I post and kinda use the guideline of "what if the youngest saw this" when on the net.

To date I havent had the talk with any of my immediate family.
    A few friends have been told, because I knew they would see me or they needed a place to stay and used "her" room ect.
    I have told friends who were just worried about me and wondered where I was the third weekend every month. (They imagine much worse)

Actually my hangup with telling people is then I cant control the info anymore.
    The news will spread eventually and when you tell one person you might as well figure 2 others will find out.
    I think if I ever decide to just come completely out I would host a party and just tell everyone at once.
    Im guessing Id only need appetizers and drinks for about half the folks invited as the others would leave. :-)

To be honest I have let not telling people affect my actions more.
    I would like to be more active politically and help others more, but that would involve being more public.

My ex wife knows and my sister also but as far as anyone else, I don't t think they would understand. Besides, I am very happy now, no need to upset the apple cart

Most of the family on my wifes sides knows, all are supportive and a few even enjoy it. I have a couple close friends that know, but none of the family on my side have a clue! I can't think of one that wouldn't be judgemental!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Aspiring Member
    They all found out that I enjoy dressing as a woman when I got divorced some eighteen years ago as my ex-wife had called them all and told it.
    Nothing has ever been said about it since then and at this time I don't see no reason to bring it up.

Thumbs down

Absolutely not! Other than this forum there are only a hand full of people who know about this side of me. My dad and his wife are the kind of old fashioned that doesn't like anything to do with anything that might be considered gay ect. For example they flipped on my brother(RIP) when he started dating a black woman. Plus who knows what my grandmother would say...

I have no intention of bringing the issue up with my family. Several times when I was in my teens my parents found my stash of clothes and were very unaccepting. So I see no reason to expect that their views would have changed. I may someday tell my roommates as I think they might be somewhat accepting but I'm just not sure at this point.

How does that saying go?... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"...

I had a very small family. Both parents were "only children" and I have one sister. (plus a few distant cousins) I have been divorced for 14 yrs now, and live alone. I was a shared parent for 16 of the 18 years of my daughter's life. She is not around much anymore, my mom and sister are thousands of miles away. That is all of the family that I have.

I can do everything I want to do, as I always have been able to do. No family or ex wives have ever known. Nothing to be gained by disclosure then, nor is there anything now.

Last edited by eluuzion; 01-08-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My family all live in different parts of the country to me so there is no need to tell them. I think my mother and sister know from way back when. My wife doesn't know I'm back in a dressing mood yet, but will soon (she has known about me in the past). Of all of the family, my in-laws would be the worst as they aren't very tolerant, thought that's more an age thing I think

Junior Member valeriemonroe2002's Avatar
    I told my wife a year or so before we married and I recently told a GG friend after too many drinks on Halloween. Both of them are pretty ok with it. Other than those two people, both of whom are very close to me, I have no intention of letting others know.

Absolutely not. It's my little secret.

I don't plan on telling my immediate family, meaning my mom and dad, brothers and their SO's. Only one of my cousins know and thats because he is accepting and swore he wouldn't tell anyone. Most of my friends know about it though, but the only bad thing is I know my parents would freak out and probably not ever let me dress again.
    ~Jennyfir~