Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you fit in?

Where do you fit in?

I realize that for everyone of us there is a unique reason why we are CDs, but it seems to me that there really are just two kinds of crossdressers. Those of us that want to BE a woman and those of us that want to PLAY woman.

I also realize that although we might identify ourselves as one or the other that there might be some that move across the line (and maybe back) at times.

So, are you a man wanting to be a woman, that God gave you the wrong body to begin with, that you would be whole if you could transtition?

Or are you, like me, getting whatever satisfaction just from the dressing, acting, playing a woman, but quite happy being a guy the rest of the time?

Where do you fit in?

Susie
    “I am what I am and that’s all that I am"...Popeye

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Well, I guess I would be a man wanting to be a woman.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I would say that I am a little of both, maybe 75% wanting to act and play and 25% wanting to be a real woman!!!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Suzie,

I really can't say that i am quite happy being a guy. i seem to be stuck here, due to my age, life, family and work, so i try to make due with playing a woman every chance i get. I also try my best to enjoy the guy things i do, otherwise i think i would go crazy altogether...[ other peoples opinion not withstanding] I can't help but wonder though, if i had known what being TG was in my teens but living in this day and age of some acceptance, how my life would have been or could hae been different. Even if i could go 24/7 with no consequences i don't know that i could do SRS at this stage in my life. i would probably live as a transgenderist.

hugs

msniki
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Sorry to disagree, but I think the question is over-simplified. It's a sliding scale and there is no one or the other, but a gradation of feelings and needs.
    I always felt I was a CD, but the older I get and the more I share my feminine side with the world the more I feel there is a greater, deeper feeling. I don't PLAY woman, and I don't want to BE A WOMAN, I feel that I am more woman then I thought and I have no idea where this is leading me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I wish life were as black and white as it's been described. I'm in a gray area if you will. Being I love everything I do as a man or as a woman. But I do lean towards liking life better as woman. I guess that's why I'm conflicted and trying to work it all out, with the help of a caring therapist.

Huggs, Renee
    Last edited by renee k; 01-09-2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: grammar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

The avvy pic isn't me
    Never have been able to look at this thing in such black and white terms, life seems to have a way of making it more gray.
    Kind of the human condition i suppose, that want and need to put it in order. I've always said that this thing is in a state of progression.
    But yeah, i'm a man first, at least right now, but this journey is not over. If i could get the rebuilding phase of my life done, move into my own place and afford to live the way i wish, then things could change quite a bit. The line of demarcation would shift, but it will always be a balance of some sort. I was born in the right body, but it is shared with another person.
    "Play" is not the word i would use to describe my time with Cassie, but you prolly didn't mean it in that sense.

Cassie

Susie, I never really thought about where I fit in with regards to your definitions. At this point in my life, I am truly content to just be me - a person that prefers to minimize boundaries.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

I also disagree that it's either/or, black or white. For me, I am a male that desires to identify "with" females, but not "as" a female. It's an inner yearning or desire, so it's not like a game to me. I just enjoy expressing the part of me that happens to like some of the same things females like, but still remain being me.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I'm like you, Susie. I'm happy enough being a man, but I get such an incredible amount of joy and pleasure out of dressing like a girl, I would never want to compromise that feeling. I have at times, of course, wondered what it would feel like to have different equipment between my legs, but we probably all wonder that from time to time.

I am a realist in that I relly enjoy playing the part of a woman but I know that I wasn't born with woman's NATURAL traits.We can't mimic them.I know that "the power of the pussycat" for me is merely going first in line or getting a door held for me,etc.I will never be a trophy wife of someone that is jumping through hoops to please her! But,I can enjoy playing the part and enjoying ALL THE GOOD that comes with it. lol

Well I'm a woman, sole mind and personality ,that happened to born into the wrong,disgusting body

I don’t think it’s as simple as that. I want to be a women and I want to be a man!
    That’s why, when I am Suzy I am not playing at it. I feel it’s me.
    Then when I can’t dress as Suzy I carry on as a man but enjoy my male life as well.
    No wonder I smile a lot.

SUZY

I don't think the categorization of crossdressers as TS or not TS is necessarily wrong, but it is just one aspect. We could also group by those why enjoy this part of their life, and those who find it a burden.

I don't want to become a woman, but I also don't really embrace being a male. I like where I am.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

Ditto what CherylT said. It can be risky trying to pigeon-hole others based on one's own personal outlook.

Silver Member
    I am very comfortable transitioning to female. Being a man was never right, it was always a conflict, difficult, it was an ordeal to make myself be a man. I may still need to be a man in part of my life, for a bit longer, and that is hard, I don't like it.

I started transition 6-7 months ago it feels like the best thing I have ever have done in my life. It feels so right for me.

I don't always like that sayings like "God gave you the wrong body" or describing it as though I am trapped in the wrong body. i guess I feel that I am who I am for whatever reason ~ God, nature, random chance of the universe. So I don't feel like my body was a curse of god, or a mistake or wrong, it just is the way it is, the way it is supposed to be. This is my journey, my life at this point in time and I need to make the best of it that I can with what is available to me. And thank God that in this day and age there is HRT and surgery, and people acceptance of trans people and crossdressers and gays and lesbians is on the rise.

So I feel blessed that I am where I am at the time I am.

I am not going to go through life feeling like I was a mistake.

That is where I fit in

I just don`t know , so you ask why (well maybe you do ) the problem is i sort of know what it is like to be a man as i have a mans body so this off sets the thought process a bit as you do not need to know what you already are , i would love to know what it is like to be a woman but is this only because i am not one or do i really want to be one , i hate being logical , sorry Spock but it is confusing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Not that concerned with "fitting in" per se. I'm more concerned with being my own genuine person.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I agree that this is a more complicated question than it may appear initially. There have been times when I feel definitely that I was in born in the wrong body and that I would do anything I could to change that. Then, there have been other times when I feel as though even if I was born in the wrong body, I can live happily in the one I have. Throughout all of these phases, I guess I have come to understand that there is no perfect place, no end point that make everything all right. It's all process.

I fall into the "Play Woman" category. At the end of the day I am happy and comfortable with being a man, I just like to dress and play every once and a while.

I personally feel I fit in the role of me. I'm a woman in heart and soul, man in body. I work with both and make the best of what was given to me to start. I dress and live as a woman full time, at home, when shopping, at work. I long to one day be fully a woman (body to match mind). It's all about where you feel is right for you. Just be happy, the fact you know this part of your life and style, and you get to embrace it to any degree, its rewarding in itself

I am jealous and envious of all real women >.< I wish I could be a woman!

I am a man, who likes being a man, who like dressing in womens clothes.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    This is probably the 100th thread wanting to put thing in black and white, and then answers ist still, yes,no,mayby,sometines, depending on how i feel , what time of day it is, if it's a leap year, sale at Macys , on and on and on.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I agree that there are cd's everywhere between the pure born-in-the-wrong-body identity dresser and the pure don't-want-to-be-a-woman pleasure dresser. I am just a regular guy who enjoys all the guy stuff but occasionally likes to dress for pleasure. I'm near one of the ends of the spectrum.