Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your day job???

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Your day job???

So as I read post I frequently look and read people's profiles, and I'm started to notice a trend. It seems that a great majority of you femmes are in the art field or art related careers. Things like design, architect, artist and so on.

So is this a common thread that seems to binds us? I'd really like to know what fields(jobs) people have. Maybe I'm way off base here but it certainly seems this way. Please post here what job you have, both art related or not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    Thank you everyone for the responses. Although, after reading these posts I've come to some conclusions. First and foremost, I think that Maslow's theory applies here. Something about basic needs being met before finding true inner self. I think that's why so many here are retired or in their careers, and few of us that are college bound.
    Secondly, I think the common thread between all of us is careers in complex problem solving. The majority, if not all, of the jobs listed are occupations which require us to solve a problems using advanced reasoning or a higher brain functions.
    None of the jobs listed seem to be in fields where you do a mindless repetitive task 24/7. And even the ones that did seem to have a creative outlet that must be met.
    Is the conclusion here that maybe crossdressing is the result of more areas of the brain functioning?
    The other thing that noticed throughout this forum is the lack of crappy spelling, jive talk, and just uneducated speech (which I'm so thankful for). I think this adds the conclusion I came to above.
    Last edited by Briana90802; 01-14-2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Conclusion reached

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Not really. Although I have done this type of job in the past, and still do Photoshop and other graphics work for my employer now, I am an engineer. We get all kinds here.

Kathi

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Not really. Although I have done this type of job in the past, and still do Photoshop and other graphics work for my employer now, I am an engineer. We get all kinds here.

Kathi
    I don't know, engineering seems like a art related job to me!!

Aspiring Member
    I dont think so, unless figuring out how to house a couple hundred homeless people is an art. Some people would probably say it is. I do a message in the Chapel once or twice a month- if writing those messages is an art, I guess that counts.

I work in retail. I work at the service desk and I am a supervisor for the cashiers as well

Tour guide
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    I don't know, engineering seems like a art related job to me!!
    Oh, it can be, I guess. I have designed software user interfaces, hard drive enclosures, brochures and more. Most of my work now, however, is heads-down coding and testing.

Kathi

specialty retail, it is definitely in the creative/artistic space

Account is closed
    I am a systems analyst in a very technical industry. Abut as far from artistic as you can get. I guess designing and diagnosing business infrastructures is an art.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Haha so true I'm an animator.

[SIZE="3"]I have a degree in Applied Sciences in Automotive Technologies. I am an automotive technician, with several awards from several automotive manufacuters. Not much art work as I see it. [/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

I am a very logical, technical, scientific person. However, my dad has a Masters degree in fine art.

My self interpretation is that the dominant left side of my brain is male, and the recessive right side of my brain is female. In general, the left side is logical and the right side is artistic. The theory is that men think more in the dominant left side, and women are more balanced because the left/right brain connection is physically bigger.

I find it useful to approach life with the idea that the dominant, male left side tends to neglect the recessive female right side. Some times I think something is too right-brain oriented to be enjoyable, like fine art or "chic flicks". But, when I experience them it makes me feel good, even though my logical side does not really understand.

Maybe that all sounds weird, but perhaps the left/right division is real, and maybe even not that uncommon in those of us who tend to develop a different personality while en femme. Maybe we are learning to let our right brain take the wheel for a while.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

College trained as a systems analyst / internet solutions developer and have done everything but that it seems...

Currently full time materials handler.
    With love,
    - Celes

Commercial banking

I work in the bank dealing with financial spreadsheets. Not really artistic although I'm also often called to work on presentation materials and "beautify" the stuff my bosses want to present.

Software Engineer

Aspiring Member
    I am as far from "creative" as one can be. Warehouseman ,mostly. Right now a "laborer" is the job title. A 2 time College drop out. I used up most of my time trying to prove I was a man. Joined the Army out of high school.

I have a degree in Dental Medicine. There is much art in dentistry. Many pople do not understand that a dentist must treat them medically and with art. A smile is a beautiful (bite of) art. I practice in Alaska and North Carolina. Soon it will become, a 2 month each place, commute.

We must ALL be proud of who we are and try to understand ourselves. As I aged (67), next Tuesday, I got tired of the SECRET. Age helps. I have never had a really bad comment about Cd when I choose to tell someone.

We should all educate and inform. We must not be ashamed of who we are. ONLY THEN, WILL WE GAIN ACCEPTANCE!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

Quote Originally Posted by Starla Dyan View Post
    I am as far from "creative" as one can be. Warehouseman ,mostly. Right now a "laborer" is the job title. A 2 time College drop out. I used up most of my time trying to prove I was a man. Joined the Army out of high school.
    You are 26....just beginning! I was 37 when I started dental School. Next time you go to college....do the work...what have you go to loose?

PS I know I'm gonna catch H..l for this....THERE ARE NO FAILURES...ONLY QUITTERS!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

I do graphic design and marketing for my job. Requires lots of artwork for me to stay employed and keep my own business running

Semi retired,my wife and I have a ranch,cattle,and bison,I build ultra match flat top uppers for AR-15 rifles,with either Shepard scopes mounted on them or Trijicon ACOG illuminated optical sights,I sell them at gun shows,setup and ready to be dropped in,I bore sight the scopes and sights,then zero them in at 100 yds.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

fierce glamazon
    i am a graphic designer and web developer, but i have a bachelor's of architecture

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Since I work nights I guess I don't have a day job.

My night job is lab tech in an Army Hospital.
    (but I'm not in the Army)
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I am a coin dealer

Cashier at a local grocery store and work for a local non-profit.
    Amanda