Thread: Some food for thought.

Some food for thought.

[SIZE=4]You know it is kind of a weird notion that we as transgender people expect others to accept us whole without question. Yet, we know the ridicule that we would have to, or do face because of our transgender tendencies. If we really think about it the people in our lives whom reject us do it out of fear of what others may think if they knew they were attached to us. Or at least this it what I would like to believe. Maybe that is nieve of me, but I always try to see the reasons behind peoples motives. Think about it.[/SIZE]
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Yes, I agree with you, except I think that type of non-acceptance also includes a lot of other factors as well. Most do not know much about this lifestyle, fear of the unknown, religious beliefs and what you said, "what other's may think of me." That also applies to the beautiful and the not-so-beautiful situation, where someone may not want to go out with someone who is overweight, unattractive, or has some other visible imperfection, while when not going out they can be great friends.

fierce glamazon
    mom always said: people who can't be big, belittle.

The people who mind don't matter, the people who matter don't mind.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think this can and no doubt doe`s apply to males but i do not think it applies to females they may look at us in a different way in which fear does not come into it .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne f View Post
    I think this can and no doubt doe`s apply to males but i do not think it applies to females they may look at us in a different way in which fear does not come into it .
    I certainly believe that females are more likely to be accepting than males, at least if conservative religious views don't enter into it. It's because many men see crossdrssers, transsexuals, and gays as somehow being a threat to their own masculinity. Which is a patently ridiculous attitude -- why should what someone else does be a threat to your own self-image and self-acceptance?

Anecdotally, in my active years, I occasionally attended a rather large monthly TG gathering in another state. Traditionally, every evening of the long weekend, many of us would congregate in the bar, have a few libations, and yak. There was a vast divide among the hotel's other guests between the reactions of men and women. The women were fascinated by us, initiating conversations, asking tons of questions, even having photos taken with us. The men, OTOH, wouldn't come within 10 yards of us, and would huddle in a corner in front of the TV, pretending we weren't there.
    "Television is very educational. Whenever somebody turns it on, I go into another room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by alana_v View Post
    mom always said: people who can't be big, belittle.
    Oh I love that!

~Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post

thank you denise for saying this, when i told my SO about my dressing.. little did i know that she already knew for the last 10 years HA! she said the same thing to me.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    Denise said it very succinctly. The other part of this so-called problem is how YOU approach it. If you worry about it, yes it will bother you a lot. But if you don't pay any attention to the situation, there will be no problem. I dress enfemme, but look like a man, and go out in public and don't care what people say or do, as long as they keep their hands off me! I haver said it many times, ATTITUDE rules!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!