Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop! What are you thinking about. Come on admit it.......

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar

Stop! What are you thinking about. Come on admit it.......

I have to give Minalost credit for this thread. Her post in my other thread asked this question and I thought I would put it up to the group for a vote and or comment. This discussion is overly stereotypical and most of us are living proof that stereotypes when it comes to gender don't really apply. However, indulge me this one itsy bitsy stereotype.

They say that men think about sex on average of once every 8 to 12 seconds. I know I certainly don't fall into that category. Even in the height of puberty I don't think I thought about sex that much, but "they" say its so. Therefore, we will pretend it is accurate for the sake of this discussion.

My last thread was about how often I think of all things femme. My mind seems to constantly wander to what I consider stereotypical femme things. For example I go to the PX and stand in front of the magazine rack. Do I look at the cover of Car and Driver, Men's health or better yet Playboy. Nope. I look at the covers of Vogue, Glamor or In Style. A nice looking woman walks by. Do I check her "dimensions out". Nope. I look at what she is wearing, how her eyeshadow is done and what hair style she is wearing. My mind focuses on things I consider feminine thoughts certainly not sex.

This question is for the transgender gals in the crowd. Heck transmen weigh in too. Your answers and comments could be interesting. Which do you think more about sex or feminine things?
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I have to go with feminine.
    I look at what the GG's are wearing to get ideas for outfits.
    I will sneak a peek in Cosmopolitan.
    I check out how makeup is being worn.

But mostly I think about how much I just want to be a regular girl.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Femme things for as long as I can remember. My now "X" use to get mad at me cause I would say something about earrings, or a dress or shoes that someone was wearing. She did ask why & i said I love to see all the beautiful things. Her answer, well then look at the girl so I can hit you than. She always said that in fun. Many a times I became jealous of the things I saw & wondered if I ever would be able to let the real me out & now I have. Hope this answers your question & is helpful.

HUGS
    Last edited by janelle; 01-08-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Of course I think about femme things. But I also think about sex. The two tend to trigger each other in me.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Suzanne,

I guess for me, since i had no idea what transgender was growing up....i spent my life hiding my softer side and need to dress....i knew i wanted to be around the girls all the time, but i thought it was for the sex. yet i was not, what you would call a player, as i could never be with a woman for just sex ....there had to be a connection... i was always going steady for long periods of time with the women i felt attracted to. After my diagnosis, i realized why i was comfortable with the girls, and i allowed my thoughts to migrate to girl things of interest as you have. I still , however, find myself having to pump up when the guys are around a bit...[fear of being found out] just my normal reflex action i guess

i'll get it right sonner or later

hugs....great to see you back girl

msniki48
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Not sure u can separate the two, Suzanne! Or at least, I can't!

When I see a striking woman, either in pictures or when I'm out, I have ALWAYS felt a certain excitement! Even before I began dressing!
    The ONLY difference now is; I try to study what it is about her look that grabbed my attention! In case I wish to copy it! Lol!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I stand at the magazine rack pretending to be looking at car and guns, but I'm really looking at beautiful women on Vogue, Glamor, and other magazine covers.
    Recently, my wife and I were at Walmart, and turned to walk down the sporting goods aisle. There was a most gorgeous and shapely young woman, in stylish and classy dress, with beautiful very high heels. My wife know I cd and is OK with it, but I thought it best to pretend not to notice her. I would have liked to gawk, but thought it best not to. I always notice clothes and shoes, hair styles, and makeup on women I see in public. Since for me there is a connection between crossdressing and sexual excitement, any observations like those mentioned have a sexual component. As a matter of fact, as I type this, I am watching a cooking show about Mexican dishes on the Food Channel. I don't know her name, but she is sooo pretty. I can't tell you what she is cooking. ha ha
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 01-08-2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: typo

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    But mostly I think about how much I just want to be a regular girl.

Quote Originally Posted by janelle View Post
    Many a times I became jealous of the things I saw & wondered if I ever would be able to let the reale out & now I have.
    I used to feel that way. No I feel sorry for them. We get to experience some of what they get to and we also get to experience so much more. Kinda like the difference between Neapolitan Ice Cream and just plain Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by msniki48 View Post
    I still , however, find myself having to pump up when the guys are around a bit...[fear of being found out] just my normal reflex action i guess
    Ahhhhh the pumpicous upicous survival reaction of the transgender of the species. We are all guilty of this.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    When I see a striking woman, either in pictures or when I'm out, I have ALWAYS felt a certain excitement!
    The ONLY difference now is; I try to study what it is about her look that grabbed my attention! In case I wish to copy it! Lol!
    Sherry you are always so astute in your observations. You are right. If there were not some sort of sexual component involved we wouldn't want to imitate the woman. I think. However, I just find myself thinking she is pretty or she is cute because of X. I just don't find myself looking at her in a sexual way anymore. However, there is one major exception and one significant reason. I am married to the ultimate striking woman. Her looks always grab my heart and cause reactions that well would make me blush if I wrote anymore about it.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I'm a techie. Every 8 to 12 seconds, I think about Linux.

When I was a teen, there was a period when my sister got Cosmo. I would skim through it; it amused me about the same way that National Enquirer did. Even now I find I have no use for it, or for the fashion magazines or fashion TV shows, or Oprah, or Women's Television Network.

The magazines I look at tend to be investigative analysis of current affairs, or science magazines. The rare rare rare times that I buy a sports magazine are when I'm researching a planned purchase (e.g., new bicycle.) I have no use for car magazines or magazines about team sports or hunting magazines. Or, for that matter, for Martha Stewart (TM) magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    I have to give Minalost credit for this thread. Her post in my other thread asked this question and I thought I would put it up to the group for a vote and or comment. This discussion is overly stereotypical and most of us are living proof that stereotypes when it comes to gender don't really apply. However, indulge me this one itsy bitsy stereotype.

They say that men think about sex on average of once every 8 to 12 seconds. I know I certainly don't fall into that category. Even in the height of puberty I don't think I thought about sex that much, but "they" say its so. Therefore, we will pretend it is accurate for the sake of this discussion.

My last thread was about how often I think of all things femme. My mind seems to constantly wander to what I consider stereotypical femme things. For example I go to the PX and stand in front of the magazine rack. Do I look at the cover of Car and Driver, Men's health or better yet Playboy. Nope. I look at the covers of Vogue, Glamor or In Style. A nice looking woman walks by. Do I check her "dimensions out". Nope. I look at what she is wearing, how her eyeshadow is done and what hair style she is wearing. My mind focuses on things I consider feminine thoughts certainly not sex.

This question is for the transgender gals in the crowd. Heck transmen weigh in too. Your answers and comments could be interesting. Which do you think more about sex or feminine things?
    For me it's the feminine things. Like everyone else here, it's the clothes, the hair, the makeup and THE SHOES!!! And how I would like to be in her shoes!

Renee
    Last edited by renee k; 01-08-2011 at 02:46 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    There may have been a time in my far-distant youth where I thought about sex or something sex related every 8 - 12 seconds, but it didn't last very long. Maybe for a while in High School and that was the end of it. This doest make me wonder who was making up for my slacker attitude there, but that's a different story.

I don't know if the averages work for me because I'll go all day focused on what I'm doing and not think about either sex or girl stuff. However these days it's more likely that when I start to think about girl stuff, I'll stay there for quite a while. The question then would be more along the lines of; When you are involved in crossdressing how often do you think of guy stuff?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

By far femme things

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Oh..ok..I'll bite (literally ) I do look at more of the women's magazines while waiting in line.. and I was happy when my daughter was receiving the In Style magazine in the mail. And even though I don't think about sex every few seconds..oh..heck..who am I kidding.. I do..just not sure if I'm still thinking of the 'right' type of sex, since it has been soooooo long..

I do what a lot of us girls do.. size up the pretty woman.. so that is 10 seconds with my guy mind..and 1 minute with my girl mind
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

I hadn't given it much thought until the post from Minalost the other day. I started noticing that I do gravitate toward the feminine even while working in the shop; i.e. "can't waite to get outta these d**n jeans and into some yoga pants, and high heel sandles" or "I think it's time for a bubble bath and hair conditioning treatment", etc. Seldom give much thought to sexual gratification any more.

When I'm out I do find myself trying to remember to practice my "walk" and a few other feminine gestures I'm working on. When I do confront a lovely woman, however, I not only notice her physically but also her style, looking for something I like. When I find it my fantasies quickly enclude some form of intimacy.

Frankly I think that if things had turned out differently I may have been what's referred to as a lipstick lesbian!

Coda...
    I look at clothes and accessories. I read Glamor. I think about dating and relationships and kids. But mostly post-transition I think about the business of getting on with my life...meaningful work, helping others, being happy, (paying bills!)...things like that...

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It's like this. I'm very happily married....very happily....you see my point? So If I let my mind wander to the normality of the outcome of that happy marriage, I'd get nothing else done...nothing!

Understanding Tina is important to me, and one of the necessities of being Tina is to study all things feminine. I can do that without losing the rest of my life however, so it's easy to spend more time observing femininity while not completely losing the thread of life! I can stand in line and look at the cover of Vogue, or even buy it, and then just go back to the other aspects of life.

What a wonderful life

tina

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    I'm a techie. Every 8 to 12 seconds, I think about Linux.
    As a matter of fact I WAS thinking about Linux. But I run Linux so it's hard to not think about Linux.

When I was a teen, there was a period when my sister got Cosmo. I would skim through it; it amused me about the same way that National Enquirer did. Even now I find I have no use for it, or for the fashion magazines or fashion TV shows, or Oprah, or Women's Television Network.
    I liked Cosmo...back when HGB was still running it...now it sucks, and I'm not the target readership at my age these days. I prefer Marie Claire and Allure.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

I stopped thinking and now I can't remember what I was thinking.... dam

I know that recently I was thinking that maybe some people get dressed in the dark, with their eyes closed.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Well, lets see! To answer Lorileah first, I have, in times past, gotten dressed in the dark but with my eyes open!! As far as the other things are concerned, at my advanced age and the fact that I am a widower sex is virtually a forgotten thing. But I do certainly look at women. I told my late wife years ago that when I stopped looking at women to just close the coffin lid because I was really dead!! That still holds true! Yes, I am a crossdresser and love to wear feminine clothing, but I also like to see it on a real woman! Especially one that is well built and attractive!! Not dead yet!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

the side of my eye is caught by a pretty girl, but i find myself looking at what she is wearing not so much as how she looks.

i find a girl i want to get into her jeans..but i will give them back.

Loni

sorry karren, just jeans fits the line better than skirt.
    Last edited by Loni; 01-08-2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: add

Definitely feminine things -- when I'm checking a GG out, it's only to admire what she is wearing (and if I like it, I might tell her so). Especially now that my ears are pierced -- I'm on the prowl for earrings! Yeah, I check out women's mags on the rack too (and in the doctor's office) ... but who says girls don't like Car and Driver or read Playboy? Oh .. I draw the line at Playgirl!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Aspiring Member
    I am going to say Feminine things for myself.
    Yes, I have brought several woman's magazines to read and look at makeup reviews.
    If I see a good looking woman, I will look to see what she is wearing and how she coordinates her outfit.
    I would want to be her more than I would want to do her.
    I prefer to use scented body wash, scented body lotion and/or perfume over male scented items.
    I also keep nail polish on my toenails even when I am in guy mode and I also keep my body hair free 365 days a year.

Account is closed
    Well since I take about an hour to get ready in the morning and I am always wondering what to wear after that and since I have no boyfriend, I would have to say sex.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Oh femme stuff, especially shoes. I always check out the fashion mag covers when in the newsagents.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

fierce glamazon
    i think about my relationship, my dreams and work, music and mysticism, traveling, and yes, i tend to look at myself in the mirror quite a bit and consider my body a laboratory where I can experiment with gender and fashion, and that occupies a good bit of my time.

I don't buy that feminine means thinking about shoes and magazines. I'm certainly not attracted to women who always/only think about shoes and magazines...