Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: losing hope

losing hope

[SIZE=3]After finding this site over five years ago, I was so full of hope and was a wash with the open and excepting attitudes here. After a lot a thought and reading many posts I felt that if I was to ever find a excepting gg to date and share my life with, I needed to be as truth full as I could with out in dangering myself, I created a my space page and Erica started to look for friends to talk with and network , the goal was to find gg’s in my area to pen pal , shop with , and hopefully date , all the time knowing that the guy , liked to be one of the girls too. I never wanted to find my self in the – I need to tell you something – spot.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Never wanted to put any girl in that spot (betrayed, lied to, not the man she feel in love with –rock and a hard place spot.) [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]After all this time an talking with around ten gg’s (6 or 7 in my town) I find they don’t mind talking, telling there problems to , giving me advice, but they just don’t want to meet or date a guy like me . (There was one I did date, but she wanted to push me to be Erica all the time made the man in me feel left out (for another post))[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Now I find am losing hope, for the guys with excepting so’s you should rethink just how lucky you are, and the ones that –put up with it - just, you should feel better and lucky too, your not alone, there is some one to fight with, and make up with, that put up with your shit and is not tell every one your secrets, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I never liked the -hide it tell they care – advocates but it looks like they are more in tune with the world . I don’t want to do it this way , but am losing hope (me) [/SIZE]

No one can change the world, or the way people think but I had hoped some things could change,
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Finding an accepting GG is as likely as wining the jackpot with a scratch card. It’s possible and some have done it but……………..
    This is the real world. Sorry.

SUZY

I think I would have preferred casual dating to living with a woman who didn't know this part of me. I was lucky in finding mine the first time I had a serious relationship. Don't give into the Dark Side.
    Sally

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by erica12b View Post
    [the goal was to find gg’s in my area to pen pal , shop with , and hopefully date , all the time knowing that the guy , liked to be one of the girls too.

There was one I did date, but she wanted to push me to be Erica all the time made the man in me feel left out (for another post)
    Why give up hope - your efforts already resulted in finding one GG that was fully accepting. I can assure you there are more. But, I have to tell you, a lot of us would have been thrilled to find a GG that encouraged us to CD all the time. If she's still out there in the market, I'd go back and explain why you need a little guy time once in a while.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 01-18-2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: cleaning out formating

I'm living with an unaccepting one and I haven't lost hope... I just lowered my goals and figured out what I needed to do to survive in both worlds.... if you can't do something you want because its out of your hands don't give up and wallow in self pity... Change your plans to the next acceptable alternative. Think out of the box... all problems have a solution of some sort or another, imho.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Change your plans to the next acceptable alternative. Think out of the box... all problems have a solution of some sort or another, imho.
    [SIZE="3"]Well said Karren. [/SIZE]

Ten women isn't all that much. And even an accepting woman is a woman. Women expect the man to make the first move and indicate sexual attraction, even if the man is wearing heels. Throw out that "hopefully date" mindset. Your Princess Charming isn't going to come along and sweep you off your feet. I'm not saying you need to learn PUA tricks, but even a regular non-CD guy often has to chat up more than ten women before he finds one who bites, sometimes a lot more.

I still think that it's an easier time of it if CD's try to find women in male mode and then disclose within the first several months, before it gets too serious. Then no harm done. But if you are going to be out on the first date, fight for what you want to help with the odds.

Erica, I sleep in a slip every night, and usually leave it on the bed in the morning when I get dressed. When I started dating after my divorce, I would go out with a women a couple of times, then when she suggested my place, we would come to my house. Upon entering the bedroom the question of who"s slip is that would always come up. I would just tell them it was mine. Then the questions came, I answered them honestly, and they would ask me to put it on. It made for a great time in bed.
    I used this routine with several women, and there was never an issue about it. They had enough time to learn about who I was, and felt comfortable enough to crawl in bed with me. It worked with me several times, and I am still friends with the ladies that were part of this, and they give me that wicked smile and stop to talk whenever we cross paths.

If you tell them to early, they think you are weird, to late, and your not being honest. Timing is the key.

Erica,

AS Karren said, don't lose hope, find an acceptable alternative. By living in GJ you aren't exactly surrounded by like minded people and you are fighting an uphill battle. Keep on looking and exploring. There are many on this board that have tolerating and even accepting SO's. Your SO is still out there looking for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    all problems have a solution of some sort or another, imho.
    Or as I say, there is nothing in the world time and/or money can't fix.

Maybe I shop different places but I was really lucky the first time (wasn't even looking)and lucky the second time (told almost right away) and have had several offers along the way. Is it how you tell? "Hi I am Bob, I am a guy who like women's clothing but I still want you to treat me like one of the guys."? Or "look I can be the girlfriend you always wanted...but we're still gonna...you know right?" Maybe you need a little slow down. Yeah you are going to hurt a few times but I get the idea you are maybe coming on a little strong to start. Maybe you aren't but that is how I read it. Maybe just start looking in a more liberal atmosphere. Churches that you know are inclusive (Unitarian comes to mind), liberal political functions (that would be the anti-oilshale people in your area or pro-environment rallys) or maybe even relax a little on your side. You had one who wanted to explore your female side you dropped her. No relationship starts and stays perfect and it is a learning experience. It is likely that after trying to do things with that person you could have made a compromise that both of you would have liked...at least for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by erica12b View Post
    No one can change the world, or the way people think but I had hoped some things could change
    The day after MLK day. One man who taught many people who taught many more people. He changed the world and although it isn't everything he wanted it to be it is better. And he isn't the only one who did this. Maybe you would be better saying no one can change the whole world. Things didn't work out like you planned, they rarely do. But to just give up is not what you should do. If Edison had quit we would all be watching TV by candlelight. One person can make a difference ifthey educate others and perservere
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

It might be an idea to not reveal something so personal until you have been out with the woman for a substantial amount of time.

I agree fully with Maxi.

Forming an attraction & a slight initial bond, before covering intimate details would allow the GG to first build trust, and also most importantly let her know she is still safe alone with you. I do really like Maxi's being entirely open with it, when asked; but prompting that "ask" by leaving an obvious cue in the room.

When I was dating, I did become fearful or turned-off, with girls who broadcast their "full-disclosure policy" on the first 1 or 2 dates. The first dates are entirely for fun, and getting to know each other; not broadcasting intimate details.

I'm still breaking some waters with my wife; but after-all she was the one who got me started accidentally. So granted I have no first hand dating as a CD experience..

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Stone View Post
    It might be an idea to not reveal something so personal until you have been out with the woman for a substantial amount of time.
    See there's the rub as they say. What is the substantial amount of time? In a way I agree but I would say an insubstantial amount of time, like 3-4 dates. Before you both are too committed to a false pretense. This goes for most things beyond crossdressing, likes, dislikes, strange relatives. I am all for honesty early just not in the first three minutes. One thing here is Erica seems to be making dressing THE central issue ofthe relationship. That may be misconstrued easily as 1) they are thinking strongly about transitioning or 2) it is a fetish that the person needs to function in the relationship. Can't blame the one who wanted to push it. She may have thought it was exactly what Erica was looking for, someone to treat her as a "woman" 24/7 since that was the central issue on the MySpace page.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I was thinking like several months of being with the girl.
    Nothing wrong with keeping certain information close to your chest until further down the line.
    I find it hard to believe any woman wouldn't be put off a bit by their potential boyfriend crossdressing, you just have to wait until she feels enough for you that her feelings for you outweigh her being put off.
    Last edited by Melissa Jill; 01-18-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Platinum Member
    I agree with Lorileah on this - while I would probably not tell a girl on the first date, I certainly wouldn't wait till things got very serious and a breakup became painful for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Stone View Post
    I find it hard to believe any woman wouldn't be put off a bit by their potential boyfriend crossdressing, you just have to wait until she feels enough for you that her feelings for you outweigh her being put off.
    This sounds so much like emotional blackmail. And trust me there are many women who are not put off by their male friends crossdressing. Maybe it is just that I have been associated with a complete group of people who don't follow the crowd though.

Melissa this discussion happens many times on this forum and very rarely does it work when your investment in the relationship has arrived at the point where you think she won't go. Yes it would be wonderful if every woman (or man) had the ability to let love rule, the heart over the mind so to speak, but it doesn't happen and when you have a house, home, children, coming out becomes more and more dangerous to the lifestyle you have built. So don't trust that being with someone a long time will make it easy. The pain is often worse the longer you hold out
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    okay so this is going to make me sound really arrogant, but I'm trying to make a point here.

frankly, I am tall, dark hair, light eyes, handsome, successful, young, own my own place, really smart and educated, make good money and I have a lot of friends due to my out going and social personality.

totally taking cross dressing out of the equation.. it's still REALLY REALLY hard to meet someone to date.
    I've been single for almost a year now.

It's a crap shoot. You can't be in any rush, and I'm pretty much prepared to die alone at this point due to the odds.
    But hey, that's just me.

im so frustrated, i just want to cry, i spend a lot of time making friends and as pen pan the girl are great , but they do not want to meet and then get to know the guy

im on a layoff right now and have time on my hands , when i am back to work i have little time on weekends (i work weekends ) im just frustrated im trying to think out side of the box (i think ) lol
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]I have to agree with a number of other posters here in that you need to impress a lady friend with your ability to be a man. After all, that's what she's really looking for.

A woman wants to be assured that you are man enough for her. That you can sweep her off her feet with your manly charm and grace. They also like to know if you can consumate a relationship. Once those things are a given and she desires your company, then you can introduce her to your feminine side too. Once you've proved your manhood, a few stockings and heels won't be all that big a deal.
    [/SIZE]

there has been a lot of good advice here, thank you all , i will have to put a lot of thought in to some of it .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Erica, I have the answer for u! Like it or not!

U haven't kissed enuff frogs yet!

STOP worrying about finding a "life partner"! START looking for a "have fun together partner"!

After I had COMPLETELY given up all thots of marriage, (age 45), I found someone I wanted to marry!
    After I had decided kids weren't for me, I had one step, and one DNA, daughter!

Get out there! Have some fun! Live your life! Stop acting desperate and worried! When the rite one comes along, YOU'LL BOTH KNOW IT!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Pen pals--oy! Put a little more Frank into it, if you're going to be CDing from the start

Erica, I can relate, at 68, still single, and had a difficult time, even before CDing. I had a lot of dates in my 30's, but none of the women were interested in being more than platonic friends, and some married other guys i knew. At this point in my life, and because of the collapsing economy, I am prepared to die single now. My cats are my mates! I do go to Alanon, and ACA 12 step meetings, and only a few people attend, and they are married women, but they do give me hugs. No dating, but better than nothing!

Women seem to sense when a man is desperate. If you just relax, be yourself. Women like confident men. When you get a date, take them to a nice restaurant, ball game, hockey game, or just for ice cream. Even Starbucks works. No pressure, let them take the lead on how fast they want to progress with a relationship. Every woman is different, and has a different story to tell. Let them do most of the talking, but show interest in what they are saying. After a few dates, you will be surprised as to where it leads.

Now the woman I married I met on Match. There really is something to the way they match you up. We are very like minded.

I'd broaden my horizons... try online dating, etc... Also, take down an honest list of the qualities you expect a suitable "mate" to have. If A+ looks are very important to you, then write that down. Be honest. Dating sites can often help out with thinking of all the attributes that might be important.

I'd say give yourself time and approach dating more as a fun activity, rather than a chore likr you seem to be treating it now.

As to when to tell her, I suppose part of the "answer" is asking yourself how much CDing is part of who you are. Are you an everyday dresser? Once a week? Month? Year? Blue Moon?

Timing is everything, but so is intensity. How much are you asking an SO to accept? For me, I don't dress everyday, so it isn't so intense that my wife has to take a huge leap to stay with me. The big the leap you ask for, the harder it is to find someone willing to take that leap. It helps to walk the path together.