Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing at Work

Dressing at Work

I have watched for but have never seen any men wearing a bra under his guy shirt, or under his shirt and suit coat. Or someone wearing something femme while at work. I have heard of this taking place. Has anyone ever witnessed somone under dressed or heard about anyone at their work places. I know it takes place in real life, but I am talking about have you known or witnessed anyone dressed in any femme manner. I believe this is 99% myth, but all of you will be able to set the record straight (so to speak).

I know I do it all the damn time. And the few people at work who know I'm TG, know that I stopped wearing men's underwear months ago.

As for my male co-workers, I've never really noticed. Almost everyone wears jeans or slacks, and the styles vary so much, its sometimes impossible to tell if they were meant for a boy or a girl.

And obviously, you are referring to a place of employment where dressing in feminine attire is not the norm. Because there are a number of places where it is, such as: Gay clubs, Drag bars, Adult Bookstores, Hot Topic etc.

Also, I believe there is one poster on here who actually owns and operates a construction company and almost her entire staff is CD/TG.

At the end of the day, does it really matter?

I for one have under dressed at work for many years. Haven't really noticed if anyone else does. It's just never been something I was worried about. Even now that I am self employed I still under dress daily and usually wear femme jeans or slacks depending on what I am doing that day.

I also underdress most of the time. I don't actually go out and look to see if anyone else does. I keep much to myself and mind my own beeswax, but then again that is how I was brought up.

I also did the same thing for years. But going out to just look for others at work. Nope never felt the need to invade others world unless I was invited in. As for being seen by others. Yes I now know about a TS woman at my company who before she came out wore a bra plus what ever everyday. Several woman noticed however nothing was ever said to her. So when she came out as full time it was not actually a big surprise. The only issue I believe was which bathroom she should use. Which was settled by the ladies who agreed since each stall has a door they didn't care. If your question is do others notice. The answer is a few do. But rarely care. I might add that I have read her in this forum that others do wear feminine lingerie to work. Don't know or remember if they had a problem or not.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

I do not have a problem with under dressing at work. I was merely asking if anyone ever notices anyone under dressed, and what if anything they have said or done about it, nothing more.

I under-dress all the time , I don't flaunt the fact that I am under-dressed I just go about my business and enjoy myself.
    Of the people that have noticed I have only had positive responses and comments.
    As far as seeing someone else under-dressed , I have seen a few guys that were wearing feminine clothing that was pretty obvious but the situations didn't lead to any conversations about their dressing.

With all of the members here who say they regularly under-dress I don't understand where your thinking that this is a 99% myth comes from ?

I think that the people who are underdressing are doing so discretely. I imagine that it is less obvious if they are confident and nonchalent about it. I have done panties and pantyhose under pants countless times, but bras and such very rarely since it is harder to conceal the straps.

I do it all the time. Almost daily... Bra, camisole, corset, thigh highs or tights... A sports coat hides a lot and solid colors dress shirts.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Sure, I've noticed such things, rarely though. Most CD's who under-dress at work are rather careful about it. Plus, I just do not normally ask if they would mind stripping down to their skivvies for a pantie check after morning coffee/meetings !! As Karren points out above, a suit can hide a lot (so can a hockey outfit....).
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

I underdress at work too. Never wore a bra though. But panties almost all the time, pantyhose occasionally and maybe a cotton teddy if it's cold and I'm really in the mood to take risks (if you look closely you can tell the difference between the teddy and a regular male undershirt).

I've never seen someone else doing it and I surely hope nobody saw me...

Platinum Member
    Now days I work primarily from home, so I don't have to underdress...but up till 18 months ago, I underdressed at the office everyday....stockings, cami, panties and occassionally an androgynous top. No one ever mentioned it. If they noticed, they were to polite or frightened to say anything!

I just started a (mostly) home based business with my SO and I've working as a woman pretty much all the time. Today was my first time out fully dressed and doing more than taking a walk. My wife and I went to two stores (my first time driving too!), walked around town taking care of work stuff and went grocery shopping. Since we started this a few weeks ago, I've been accidentally just about full time and its been great.
    Last edited by Morganx; 01-20-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Like others have said, I myself do it all the time. Minimally a bra and panties even in the summer where only a t-shirt is the only thing between my bra and the world! Have I ever seen any femme signs on other guys at work that might suggest a CDer? .... not on your life! Every guy where I work is either just as good at hiding it as me or there are no other CDers where I work.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Drew, the likelyhood of you seeing someone at work who is crossdressed is very unlikely. But that doesn't mean that it does not happen, as evidenced by the replies to your post. I am an Insurance agent who works almost entirely in a prospects home. I routinely underdress with panties and bra! I wear solid color dress shirts which give no indication that I am wearing a bra, even if I have taken my coat off. At this time of the year I sometimes wear a sweater over my shirt. Every sweater I own is feminine, not outrageously but still feminine! Never had anyone say anything about them!!

In case you didn't already know it, I started wearing a bra at age 9! A doctor told my dad (My mother had passed away) that my breasts needed the support that a bra would furnish. I was a slim lad, but had 36 B's!! Other than my time in the military, I have worn one ever since!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I have under dressed for over thirty years. While I haven't been outed, on occasion a TG or a TS that is public about their choices comes into the work place in femme garb. Seeing as we all seem to take measures to protect our prefences with success supports the notion that under dressed men are hard to discover with casual contact. I don't expect to make such a discovery.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I did for a year before transitioning. The winters in Minnesota made it easy to wear not only a bra but forms also. The one thing that was noticed wasn't the clothing or forms but it was the mascara that wasn't removed. Opppps

Quote Originally Posted by Teri Jean View Post
    The one thing that was noticed wasn't the clothing or forms but it was the mascara that wasn't removed. Opppps
    I've had that happen before. I totally froze, denied it and acting like they were silly for noticing anything.

BTW what kind of bra are you wearing underneath a solid dress shirt in which it isn't noticeable? I'm guessing nothing with padding or much wire?

Silver Member
    I walked into a business in the mid 70s and one of the guys was wearing a lace bra under a t-shirt which was easily seen. I didn't make any indication that I noticed. Since then I have seen a few underdressers,

I've worn bras out for years. I've talked to police friends from my town while wearing a 38c that makes me look like a D cup under my t-shirt. Bent over in fromt of them to fix something which my wife told me made the straps very visable. They are still friends and nothing was said. Most people aren't looking and don't think about it. Easy test when you look at a woman do you mentally look for bra lines? Bet you don't with guys either.

"Easy test when you look at a woman do you mentally look for bra lines? Bet you don't with guys either."

I do watch women to see what movements are most likely to reveal that you are wearing something under your clothes in the way of panty lines, bra lines, etc. I haven't noticed a guy wearing anything yet, but I do not look at guys the same way

Never seen any underdressers that showed anything but I do wonder at all the males I encounter in day to day life who is like us. I always look at women for VPL's and a hint of cleavage when they lean forward or whatever. I am a "normal" male after all. Guys I don't check out. I have only underdressed a few times an usually when I got other layers on so a bra won't be noticed. I do love sitting fairly still say at dinner and then making an adjustment and having that feeling sent through me reminding me of the lacy thong, bra and pantyhose I got on while in the company of male friends.

I am another that has under dressed for years.
    Not with a bra most times.
    I was a general contractor and wore shorts most days. So I guess that if I was up on a ladder and someone looked up, then they might have seen what color panties I was wearing that day.
    Plus, they might have noticed that my legs were hairless.
    I just didn't care.

Now, as to the question, have I noticed others under dressing, NO.
    I too, don't check men out.
    If anyone I was in contact with was under dressed, They went unnoticed by me.

Before I retired, I used to wear lots of fem items under my suits ... stocking and garter belts, panties (always) and sometimes a bra ... I found it very exciting.

It wasn't at work, but one Halloween when I was a stay at home dad for two little kids I was wearing a merrywidow with panties garter stockings,the works, under a pair of sweats and a bulky fleece while getting things ready for the night. My wife came home earlier than expected and I could not run and change so went ahead with pumpkin carving, etc. while seriously underdressed. A neighobor came by and we took pictures of me with the kids and the jack-o-lanterns and all, before I could go change. Nobody noticed, and to this day when I see the pictures of me on that night I love knowing/remembering what I had on underneath it all that night.

I was spotted in a bra under my clothes one time when I had the kids at a playground ona cold damp day. I hadn't expected anybody to be there, but a guy was there with a woman hanging out by the playground. I had to go throught with taking the kids there because you can't pull little kids back from the playground before they get a chance to play. So I went about the usuakl routine of being dad at the playground, bending over and pushing kids on the swing, etc. Eventually I heard the guy say to the woman "Is he wearing a bra?" I did not hear the answer or really care, but it made me think about what people can see when I am out and about.

So I have watched women to see what movements are most likely to reveal straps and panty lines and the like. As others have said, I don't mind looking at women anyway, but I can also call it research

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlee View Post
    I do love sitting fairly still say at dinner and then making an adjustment and having that feeling sent through me reminding me of the lacy thong, bra and pantyhose I got on while in the company of male friends.

Quoted for emphasis! What a lovely feeling indeed.