Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to not look so much like a guy or a tranny

How to not look so much like a guy or a tranny

I figured I'd offer some tips for girls here who want to actually look like girls. This is stuff I've learned through trial and error and I'm sure someone here might get something from it. Some of this might be common knowledge,
    Posing
    Now, being a guy without a corset (yet!) I have no curves whatsoever. If I just stand facing the camera you could draw a straight line down my side. But that doesn't mean I can't fake curves for the camera! Try practicing this in a mirror: have your side face the camera to give the illusion of a skinny waist, but then above your waist, turn torward the camera. Not completely, but enough so your shoulders are angled about 45 degrees from the mirror/camera. This makes your shoulders seem less broad and makes your boobs stick out. Then move your legs apart to give the illusion of hips. It looks nice to have one foot facing the camera and the other pointing to the side, so you can see the shoes better. Also, suck in your gut when the camera flashes!

Clothes
    It's kind of important that your clothes match. It can be hard to figure out what matches sometimes, but the main point is that they should be similar styles. Pick a look, for example, hipster chick, college student, businesswoman, etc., then try and choose clothes that that type of girl would wear. Some clothing works with many types of looks, for example, the purple blouse I'm wearing works with two totally different looks. I've found that skirt/blouse combos work best for me because they define the waist best. Plus, I have the skirt come up to my belly button which makes my legs look super long. I used to have an underbust corset, and I found that sewing little hooks on it so I could attach my bra to the top edge worked really well, since the bra hid the top edge of the corset and kept it from showing through clothes. As far as matching colors, typically earth tones go together, pastels go together, neutral colors go together, different shades of the same color go together, black goes with anything and makes it look more sophisticated, denim goes with anything and makes it look less sophisticated, but wearing all one color looks kinda weird. Making your top half a different color from your bottom half also looks cool, as long as the bottom half is a neutral color. Also, I've found that wearing dark colored blouses tend to minimize my broad shoulders. White blouses always make my shoulders stand out. Oh, also you should have your shoes match something else in your outfit, like your skirt or blouse. Additionally, there should be "balance" to your outfit. Your attention should be drawn to the whole outfit, not just one particularly lound piece. If any of your body parts are distinctly non-feminine, try and wear something that won't draw attention to that body part.

Shoes
    I've learned that the more of my feet that shoes hide, the more feminine they look. My heel is ugly-looking and very masculine, so I always avoid sling-back shoes. And of course strappy sandals are a no-no, as they don't leave any of my big man-feet to the imagination. I prefer pumps, boots, and wedges for shoes, as these cover most of the ugly parts of my feet. Interestingly, peep-toe shoes actually look quite good on me even though my toes are none too pretty. But anyway, try and avoid shoes that no non-stripper girls would ever wear. You can look sexy without going over the top. Actually, that goes for everything else you wear too. As the Buddha said, moderation in everything.

Jewelry
    Some bracelets, a necklace, a ring or two, and earrings, all go a long way toward a real-girl look. Of course, don't overdo it. If your ears aren't pierced and you don't have a metal allergy, I've found that metal rings from various sources can be cut through in a spot, then the ends smoothed, so they form a c-shaped spring that will clamp on your earlobe. This works well with thin metal bracelets to give you big hoop earrings.

Body Shaping
    Corsets are the best by far for body shaping; although they restrict your motion quite a bit, they give you a nice, thin waist. An underbust corset works well, and you can attach your bra to the top edge of it so that the corset isn't quite as visible through your clothes. Add some hip and butt pads and fake boobs, and you'll have the body of a real woman, at least by appearances. In a pinch, you can use water balloons as fake breasts. This is also helpful if people go through your stuff sometimes, and you don't want them to find disembodied boobs. I'm using water balloons in my pictures. Oh, and never forget the benefits of losing weight. In general, the less you weigh, the hotter you can look as a woman!

Common Crossdressing Mistakes
    It can be easy to spot a crossdresser, because many of them go way overboard in trying to make themselves look more feminine. If you're actually out doing stuff, don't wear clothes inappropriate for the situation, ie, a skirt and pantyhose when you're doing garden work. Also, a lot of crossdressers have a terrible fashion sense. If this includes you, get some help, here or otherwise! Also, like I said earlier, it's good to wear clothes that cover or minimize your more masculine features. Keep these tips in mind and hopefully it won't be as obvious you're crossdressing!
    Last edited by az_azeel; 03-24-2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: images removed and txt ref to pics removed per members request

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Thanks for the tips! Some good stuff, here.

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by Vir Novum View Post
    Posing
    Also, suck in your gut when the camera flashes!
    I do that all the time anyway

The whole fashion sense thing and clothes matching, I can forsee that being what I struggle with most.
    Any tips, or is it just something that comes with time?

A lot of work and thought has gone into this thread.
    I would say there is a lot of good advice here.
    And it’s reflected in your pictures too.
    Well done.

SUZY

Thanks for sharing your standards and ideas. In general agreeable, in total...well who is to say what is appropriate or not? My grandmother did gardening in skirts and dresses for 92 years. Still there are some thing some could use as a base
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I think I have all 3 of those skirts, and I do love them. Might have to get the top!LOL I have to admit I am very much like Joanne, as I dress to please myself and no one else. Since my wife passed away I have no one to do my wig and my makeup anymore. I am terrible with both items, so I don't even bother. I just dress and go out as a guy in feminine clothes. Those that don't like it don't have to look!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Stone View Post
    The whole fashion sense thing and clothes matching, I can forsee that being what I struggle with most.
    Any tips, or is it just something that comes with time?
    It will come with time. I've just recently gotten it through my head that it is a fashion no no, worthy of getting the wrath of the fashion police to wear open toe shoes with panythose. Finally after all of these years of proudly sporting that trend, I have decided to go against it.

Great tips, one additional one, with posing, is finding an angle that works well for your build. The reason I am seated in all of my pics is that while seated my girth is somewhat disguised and less apparent than when standing.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Thank you for this posting, Vir. This is some good info for me.
    Monica
    PRIDE

GO REDWINGS
    I'm a geek and proud of that too
    Stay femme my friend

Find me at Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002088230763
    URnotalone: http://profiles.urnotalone.com/144465

You forgot to mention "don't wear womens jeans". It a dead give away that your a crossdresser!! And I keep forgetting to suck in my gut when I walk by the security cameras in the mall! (And Women don't have guts, btw.. They have mid-riffs!! . )
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-26-2011 at 12:04 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

[SIZE="3"]One mistake I find us with is overdressing. The more casual the more more we blend in.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    It will come with time. I've just recently gotten it through my head that it is a fashion no no, worthy of getting the wrath of the fashion police to wear open toe shoes with panythose. Finally after all of these years of proudly sporting that trend, I have decided to go against it.
    While I am against just about anything that keeps me from blending, I think the rule about no pantyhose with open toed shoes is ridiculous. I think this rule was made up by a group of GG pantyhose Nazis who wouldn't wear them no mater what. You know the type. A small issue like hose with sandals is nothing compared to the much bigger faux pas seen everywhere.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jacky83 View Post
    [SIZE="3"]One mistake I find us with is overdressing. The more casual the more more we blend in.[/SIZE]
    Amen sister

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    You forgot to mention "don't wear womens jeans". It a dead give away that your a crossdresser!!
    Now you've gone too far!! LOL Another dead givaway is wearing a prom dress to the mall, but you can take away my jeans when you pry them from my cold dead fingers. LOL

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Well my friend Philis goes anywhere and fits in reasonably well. How is that. For one she tends to dress like most women (as said earlier). She also has confidence which is the real key. If you do not have the confidence your always going to stand out even if you were wearing a berka. LOL.

Katie

Thanks for the advice on jewelry. I havent been thinking of that yet. You look great in your photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    Now you've gone too far!! LOL Another dead givaway is wearing a prom dress to the mall, but you can take away my jeans when you pry them from my cold dead fingers. LOL
    That wasn't a prom dress I was wearing... It was my casual gown!!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    That wasn't a prom dress I was wearing... It was my casual gown!!! Lol.
    And tose weren't my jeans they were my Jeggings. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jacky83 View Post
    Little houses on the hillside little houses made of ticky tack and they look just the same. C'mon people if we wanted to blend in just wear what you wear now, Part of the fun is dressing up and being pretty and I love to be noticed.

The OP "rules" may work for posing and static photos but as Karren indicated we don't walk around sticking our butts out and sucking our stomachs in. Neither do GG's! And they don't all put their hand on their hips and bend at the waist or point one foot in front of the other. They don't walk like catwalk models.

There was a thread not long ago asking why CD's tend to pose in suggestive ways...this thread answers that question. Put your right foot in put your right foot out ...stick out that chest soldier, stand up straight shoulders slumped (because if you throw out your shoulders you look masculine) but do stick out your chest! Wait slump your shoulders and sick out your chest...doesn't that make you look like the crones in every fairytale? Girls don't put their hand on their hips with the fingers in front was one of the first things I was told in how to present...I rarely see women with their fingers in the small of their back unless they have a backache (from slumping and sticking out their chests at the same time no doubt).

Fashion is...well fashion. It is the statement a person makes by donning clothing that they like. If you follow someone else's "fashion advice" it isn't your fashion it is theirs and you are emulating it.

So, here is the deal (as I see it). Be yourself, have fun, wear what you like (within laws and local regulations), stick out that chest and be proud. If you want to blend wear drab clothes that no one will notice, but trust me when you start trying to follow the "rules" to fit in you will stick out.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    While I am against just about anything that keeps me from blending, I think the rule about no pantyhose with open toed shoes is ridiculous. I think this rule was made up by a group of GG pantyhose Nazis who wouldn't wear them no mater what. You know the type. A small issue like hose with sandals is nothing compared to the much bigger faux pas seen everywhere.
    I know, it is a silly rule, I personally happen to like the look. I am just ashamed to say. I SOLD OUT!!! At this pace I will soon be going bare legged in all of my pics.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

No, it is an EXCELLENT RULE! Kudos to you for following it.

I appreciate these tips--I'm learning how to photograph my SO and she wants to look as femme as possible in the pix--now I have tips on how to pose her.

As far as sucking in a gut, just do what women do, wear clothes that flatter your shape as best as possible (and fit) and go with it.

Account is closed
    oh sh*t I fail at crossdressing!
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Thank you, Vir Novum. There are some very good tips in there.

From past experience, if you want to blend in and dress like 99.9% of the GGs in this world, you need to take a trip to the mall. You will need a good book, a pen or pencil, note paper, and some coffee or something to drink. Find a comfy seat near one of the more frequently visited stores like J.C. Penny's or Marshall's. Whatever is in your town. Do not drool and make an a$$ of yourself. Just sit there and observe. See what girls and women near your age are wearing. I mean really, a 63 yr old grandma in a miniskirt, stripper shoes, and a tube top,,,, come on get real. I only know of 2 GG grandmas that could pull that off . Make notes then go shopping.

Edit: Always wear jeans when Karen is near!
    If I had her address I would send her a pair.
    Last edited by Jorja; 01-26-2011 at 04:02 PM.

should add, make sure your boobs aren't too big.. The majority of GG out there don't have enormous torpedos. I disagree with the posing part entirely. Having been working with professional models for the last 17 years, I've not once ever seen any model posing in such a manner. Disregarding the fact I know you as a CD and also disregard the face blur and hair, I'd recognize the pose and photos right away as a CDer