Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hiding your clothes?

hiding your clothes?

Hi.
    Ive got the issue of running out of places to hide my secret do any of you have this problem?
    Ive tried under the bed, and now its at the bottom of draws now.

Banned Read only
    I have far too much to put in a drawer or under a bed. i keep my wardrobe in two suit cases in our basement. Hidden in plain sight, I'd call it.

I don't have this problem anymore, since I came out to my wife about 3 1/2 years ago.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

[SIZE="4"]I used to hide mine in my wardrobe, at the back, not bothered since I came clean last May[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"] Mandy xx[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Dont knock it, till youve tried it[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Qualified & Insured Waxing Therapist[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    I do not have to hide my clothing, just try to keep my wife from "Borrowing" LOL Rader

Vicki
    Loft for me, as my wife is scared of heights and won't go up there. It's a pain getting the stuff in and out though!
    Vicki

I keep clothes haning in the closet and lingerie in the drawer shoes sitting in the closet at least one wig is usually sitting on the lavatory counter top drying. Makeup is sitting there with wifes as we share somethings. In other words I don't hide anything

PH, Heels, & Pretty Dress Rachel Lea's Avatar
    I keep most of my clothes in the attic space above the garage in a quick grab small duffle for trips.

My every day pantyhose I keep in my sock drawer at the bottom, since I have to put away my washed clothes anyway my wife never goes in my drawer.
    Rachel Lea

When I was a youth and had to hide my "collection" from my parents, the stuff I used on a regular basis was placed between my mattress and box spring, while the less used apparel went in a duffle bag in the basement.

I don't keep anything hidden. My feminine clothes and shoes are in plain sight in the master bedroom closet and I wear my "expanded wardrobe options [e.g., dresses] in front of my wife and I wear them at times when I go for walks in the neighborhood.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I used to hang my things on a hanger, then hang them inside the plastic cover that covers my suites.
    I then bought a gun safe and put all my things in there. You cant store your guns in there because the gun odor will make your stuff smell.

I had two spouses who knew of my dressing but disapproved so naturally my only option was to hide my clothes. I usually chose the basement because neither spouse was particularly fond of going into the basement, however my kids didn't have a problem with it. That being said, I had false panels on the basement ceiling which led to cubbyholes where I could stash a multitude of boxes containing a multitude of female attire. I even kept cedar shavings above the ceiling to keep the basement vermin away and keep my clothes smelling fresh.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Your best bet, if your wife does not want to see your clothes, is to tell her where you plan on keeping them so that she will not find them by mistake.
    Reine

I want to say again - DO NOT HIDE YOUR CROSSDRESSING ACTIVITIES OR CLOTHING FROM YOUR WIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Your best bet, if your wife does not want to see your clothes, is to tell her where you plan on keeping them so that she will not find them by mistake.
    Great idea. It's much better that your wife knows about your activities than to keep them a secret and have her stumble on your clothes and be devastated.

I have hidden from my wife when I bought some shoes and clothing and my activities on this forum. I wish I had been totally open with my wife.

Johanna
    Last edited by JohnH; 01-26-2011 at 06:16 PM.

My skirts slips and dresses are hanging in the closet, my pantyhose i share a drawer with my wife's pantyhose, but i have three time's more than her. My panties i have in a drawer next to my wife's panties. I have two wigs on the top shelf of the closet and a pair of shoes hidden between my wife's cloth in the closet. The rest of my shoes are in a rubbermaid box in the basement behind the furnace.

I got a big rubbermaid storage bin from Lowes and put everything in there, and then placed it in the attic, so my kids, dog and wife (who knows) won't get to them.

I have two friends that rent a small storage unit and keep their girl stuff there. They pay in cash to avoid leaving a financial trail at home. If you live in an area with severe weather, leaving your makeup in the storage unit would not be a good idea.

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town
    Not all of are lucky enough to be able to be so open. While hiding isn't the course we want, sometimes it's the best for all.

A storage unit is my suggestion, too. Yeah, it takes a little planning, and the clothes are not at home, but most storage facilities are not busy places. I have to say I was shocked at how much I had acquired when I packed up my girly clothes...
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

I keep it in a box in my closet

Back when I had to and was married, my part of the closet was 2 rod/shelfs 3 feet long, bottom shelf was bout 3 feet off floor so I hid mine on that shelf under the hanging clothes of the top rod

Dont have to hide anymore

Michelle
    The reason you close your eyes when you dream, when you kiss, and when you pray is because the best things in life aren't seen with your eyes, but are felt with your heart.

Ive hidden my stuff all over the place I only have swimwear because not confident enough to buy other stuff just yet. To get the one pieces into the house i wear them under my normal clothes a quickly change and hide them.

a bit nutty
    My old barracks box, locked, hiding under the basement stairs. I used to keep them in the attic above the garage, but it is just too much of a pain to go up there on a ladder with heels...

Ginger

I have a pair of panties and bra that I keep in my draer however the rest of my clothes are hidden in the laundry or my favourite standard 'uniform' is hidden in our computer room in a special bag where it can't be found easily.

I look forward to be able to not have to conceal it one day too like some of you lucky girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
    Not all of are lucky enough to be able to be so open. While hiding isn't the course we want, sometimes it's the best for all.
    That's true, but hard for some folks to understand.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

hiya Marge,

If you can be more specific on your environment, I can be more specific with suggestions.

Here a few random tips...

Never hide anything at "eye level". Everybody naturally hides things at that level, or "up high"...

If you ever see your hiding spot used in some movie or "tv show", immediately change yours.

If there are little kids around, never hide anything below the level of their extended arm reach.

Dogs and cat curiosity should always be considered. Same with overcurious siblings and parents.

If you hide anything in an attic,garage,basement,outside, etc. Make sure it is in air tight plastic bags (preferably clear plastic, with zippers). Never hide anything in those locations that contain an odor. (cosmetics, perfume,etc.) It will attract insects and animal life.

Most people, particularly women, are not fond of searching attics or dirty places. Labels like "car parts, old gears & motors, roofing material, etc also discourage female interest. So does a can of roach killer sitting close by. (safety considered with this tip)

Do not hide things in other peoples routine living spaces. (Communal closets, siblings bedrooms, common storage areas like game chests,household storage boxes, etc) Simple unsuccessful searches for unfound games, toys always turn into archeological digs of the entire room.

Do not select places with extreme temperature variations. (attic heat = bursting bottles and melting CD disks etc.)

Putting a lock on anything immediately makes people curious about the contents, and the key location.
    Make the hiding place easily accessable day or night without disturbing anything or anybody.

False walls are always a great strategy if you have that option.

Last edited by eluuzion; 01-27-2011 at 09:15 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]