Thread: Suzy’s magical moment

Suzy’s magical moment

I told a story of an experience I had last year to a member and I thought I would tell you all as it was nice.
    It was summer in the county of Hampshire and I was looking after my friend’s country estate while he was abroad. I had it to myself.
    One evening just before sunset I looked outside and a hot air balloon was approaching but still a long way off.
    So I had plenty of time to dress as the lady of the manor and sit out on the patio with a cocktail.
    For some time it looked like the balloon would pass well to the south of me. But in the end I could see it was going to pass over at about 200 feet and a little away from me, but not that far.
    So as it went by I waved to the people in the gondola and they waved back. I could see no binoculars which is probably a good thing!
    So, from their position it must have looked like the gorgeous lady of the manor was waving up at them.
    I got a real kick out of that, a magical moment.
    I am looking after the estate again this year.

Life really is fun, SUZY

Sounds good Suzy, will they be taking bookings for balloon flights this year ? !! LOL
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Some girls have all the fun!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    sounds like a great experience Suzy,to the manor born.bet you could get used to the high life

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    You really have a tough life, Suzy!! Wish I could spend time waving to people in a balloon while I was dressed enfemme! Maybe in my next life!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    ...I am looking after the estate again this year.
    Party at Suzy's house!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

It must be wonderful to have a place like that all to yourself for a while!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Totally cool, Suzy! Wish I could have been there!

I guess NOW u understand why I ALWAYS set my camera up about 100 yards away from Sherry before taking pics!!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

That scenario would have felt great to me too! A nice memorable experience to say the least.

I saw the sun dress you plan to wear this year. You will have many admirers.

Suzy, you have told stories of the manor before, I just can't figure out why they don't charge you to look after the place, I know I would pay to spend the summer there!LOL....
    Tina B.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    Suzy, you have told stories of the manor before, I just can't figure out why they don't charge you to look after the place, I know I would pay to spend the summer there!LOL....
    Tina B.
    There is just the one man living there. I clean for him and do odd jobs. But over the years we have become good friends. He is a millionaire but also a very nice man.
    The good thing is, he actually employs me. So I get the run of the manor and earn a living at the same time! I am a lucky girl I know.