Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do U get out of underdressing, exactly?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I like it because it makes me feel like I'm "being honest and true to myself" (if I can put it like that). I just really, really, don't like thinking of myself as 100% male. I feel have have a strong feminine presence within me and I want that, I like that, and I need to express that. Dressing 100% male is not something that makes me feel comfortable because it seems like I'm somehow "betraying" my inner true self. I'd like to dress fully more often but by under-dressing it gives me a little "femme hit" (if I can put it like that) and thus makes me feel closer to the person I'm supposed to be.

I always wear minimally a bra and panties (even at work) but depending on what time of year it is (it gets hot in the Sacramento valley) I sometimes add a camisole and panty hose too. Incidentally, this is the same reason I also wear fairly girly clothes on the outside too in my (girly) boy mode
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Because I can

Panties are just more comfortable to me as long as they fit and aren't too sexy cut. Panty hose and tights give me support and keep me warm without the bulk of long johns. Everything else that I do wear I wear because it just feels good.

I never underdressed. A few years ago, I bought a waist cincher for a little shaping. Turns out that I liked the way my back felt when I wore it. Now I wear one all the time under my male clothes. Beside making my back feel good, it slims a little. But I really don't consider it underdressing. Sort of like a guy who wears a kilt (made for men) or a guy who wears tights for warmth. Well, I went to the doctor wearing my waist cincher, and I wasn't expecting to remove my shirt, but the doc asked me to. I had to take off my cincher in front of him. I explained why I wore it, but I can't help thinking that he thought I was an underdressing crossdresser. Funny, because I am a cd, but that's not I wear a female garment under my male clothes. In the end, it doesn't matter.

I wear panties all the time other than when I have to go to the doctor. I wear a bra for at least 6 hours on most days. Panties are far more comfortable than male underwear - and I just like the feeling of a bra. I like being male, I do not want to be female. I just love womens underwear.

I do not want to dress completely - I only want to underdress. I would like to add stockings or pantihose but my wife would go into orbit or fire me into orbit.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    When I first acknowledged that I was a CD I used to underdress a couple of times. It was a way of self acceptance and doing something which had previously been "forbidden or illegal." As I've started to evolve more in the past several years I don't underdress. When in male mode it's 100% male mode. When in girl mode, it's 100% girl mode.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Disregard my post, I put it in the wrong thread. I just woke up and the screen is still blurly.

No, it turns out I did post in the correct thread. I'm going back to sleep.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

You're probably RITE, Karren!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Why do you have to get something out of it? Funny but I'm never uncomfortable so you must have been doing something really wrong? Lol.
    Since I PREFER my female clothing items to be tite and clingy, comfort is NOT something I normally want, or care about! And, as a closet denizen, I generally only dress for 2 to 5 hours at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    That would depend upon what you buy. I've found some panties to be more supportive and softer on my privates than men's briefs. No going back for me.
    The problem with womens undies is the way they're CUT! I must wear them BACKWARDS so they will hold Tom and the Boys in!
    And, I PREFER silky, satiny ladies panties because of how those LOOK and FEEL!
    But, after awhile, because those fabrics don't breathe, I start to feel sweaty and clammy down there!
    Give me proper fitting, absorbent, breathable, cotton tidies for comfort EVERY TIME!
    However, I wouldn't be caught DEAD in them with I'm CDing! After all, they WON'T hold my tuck!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    For me, underdressing began the evolution from those childhish moments, sneaking into the bath to put on panties...it the first opportunity to cross the invisible boundary between male and female while out in the larger world. And it was fun. My first wife liked to gently tease me in public about what I was wearing underneath. And it did evolve, of course. What started with panties and panyhose expanded into cami's and bras, then crossing another boundary and openly wearing women's tops.

a bit nutty
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean View Post
    I guess it's a way of being as feminine as I can be without anyone knowing it but me. I don't wear a bra to work very often anymore, but as far as panties go... I love that they're delicate, sometimes ornate, soft, and sexy. I love opening the drawer and seeing all these pretty, ultimately feminine things and knowing that they're mine. I like choosing them according to mood or whim. I like them because that's what girls wear. I enjoy the naughty sexiness of it all. I like knowing that I'm wearing the same underwear as any beautiful woman I see.

Me too. Exactly the same way.

Banned Read only
    If I'm going to underdress, the feel of pantyhose on my legs is the greatest feeling I could have. Of course, I wear the pantyhose over a pair of nylon panties which also feels great. I just have to remember to not drink too much fluid during the outing.

Several years ago I switched to only wearing panties, no male underwear. I can always tell you what color and style they are and probably what store I bought them from... I just feel blended/connected when I merge the two worlds. I also wear women's jeans quite often...

What do I get out of under dressing? Just feeling pretty.

Comfortable and sleek underwear
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I had an elaborate reply almost done, and lost it. But anyway, for me, it comes down to partly comfort, depending on what exactly I'm wearing, and partly that " I've got a naughty secret" factor, that goes back to childhood and to underdressing being the first opportunity to break the taboo and cross the gender line without anyone knowing. I remember that first time trying on my cousin's panties, and realizing that despite all the "boys don't do that" conditioning, the world didn't explode and I felt wonderful, and nobody else knew. There's also a little extra boost in confidence that comes from wearing something cute and feminine underneath, much as a female executive might get from wearing sexy lingerie to deliver an important presentation.

I can't really say I 'get' anything out of underdressing. Since I've felt female all my life I guess its just an expression of who I really am. No else knows I do this. It just feels natural to me.

I just came out of the bathroom here at work and found I still had on my white cotton low rise Fruit of the Looms. They are so much more comfy than the men's briefs I forgt to take them off when I got dressed for work. Billie Jean

Thumbs up

I wear my panties all the time.It has been many years and
    I luv the way they feel,also lots of great colors.Have so many its hard sometimes to choose which ones to wear.Can't remember the last time I wore " male" undies.I still do have a few pair but not sure why.I do wear a bra sometime but its usually during the cold months.Much easy to when your wearing bulky clothing.Also wear my thigh-hi's then ,they do keep your legs warm when its blowing snow and cold wind.

I do enjoy wearing mine.....can't take the gurl out of me.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean View Post
    I guess it's a way of being as feminine as I can be without anyone knowing it but me. I don't wear a bra to work very often anymore, but as far as panties go... I love that they're delicate, sometimes ornate, soft, and sexy. I love opening the drawer and seeing all these pretty, ultimately feminine things and knowing that they're mine. I like choosing them according to mood or whim. I like them because that's what girls wear. I enjoy the naughty sexiness of it all. I like knowing that I'm wearing the same underwear as any beautiful woman I see.
    My feelings exactly.

OK... I've tried various forms of underdressing over the years.. as I have got older... I am now in a routine... tights under trousers... (well in winter anyway)

Sometimes I will have fun and do suspenders or holdups, but I have a default.

Why? It is warm (I also shave my legs), and it feels great. After many years of doing this... it is so natural that I feel wrong if I don't wear them..

OK I'll expand on that... Sometime I like to wear socks and "pants" (UK)... this keeps me real in understanding how uncomfortable men's underwear actually is...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

For me, wearing something like panties or pantyhose/tights and or a bra is like having the keys on me.. Like having the keys, or a passport or something in that odd realm of oddness.. Odd, ok, odd.. What would anyone else label it.. Maybe it's a way to remain attatched to my fem side while in public, a way to cross dress and feel like I'm pulling one over on everyone out there..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

What did I do? Start a "panty" thread!?

And, Sherry HATES THOSE! I think I may be IN BIG TROUBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Terricd48 View Post
    I wear my panties all the time.It has been many years and
    I luv the way they feel,also lots of great colors.Have so many its hard sometimes to choose which ones to wear.Can't remember the last time I wore " male" undies.I still do have a few pair but not sure why.I do wear a bra sometime but its usually during the cold months.Much easy to when your wearing bulky clothing.Also wear my thigh-hi's then ,they do keep your legs warm when its blowing snow and cold wind.
    Terri
    My gosh! Panties r a FETISH for a lot of u, aren't they?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I guess I'm an oddball in this crowd. I personally prefer my men's Hanes briefs to Hanes Her Way panties that my ex-wife left me that fit me. Also with the cold weather hear I wear undershirts under my dresses when they will not show.

I wear pantyhose only if I am wearing a formal knee-length dress - and then I wear men's briefs underneath since the pantyhose stays up better with the rougher textured briefs.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Well, it started as being sexual. But now it is just more comfortable. I have been underdressing 24/7/365 for years. Never go back to male underwear.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Hot Blooded Space People
    As you say, part of it is because I can't go fully dressed, but underdressing is just....I don't know, special. It's like the one thing I never have to compromise on!

I do it for a few reasons. Panties and pantyhose just feel really good to me, and I like the support I get for my back from a brief panty girdle (the girdle feels good too, by the way). I also enjoy thinking about the fact that the women that I see, or I am talking with, are wearing the same kinds of undergarments I'm wearing under my male clothes...but they have no idea that I'm wearing what they are wearing.