Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments that make you believe they know!

Comments that make you believe they know!

Personally I'm at a place in life I don't really care who knows any more and though I have not announced it to the world.... I still pickup on comments and the way they were posed that indicates that the person I'm talking to know I crossdress..

Just a few minutes ago a coworker in another department was explaining this woman he saw downtown and what she was wearing.... "She had these spiked heel boots that lace up both sides..... You know.... Its not like I have a pair but you might...". So was that just a joke or does he assume I have a lot of women's foot ware at home?

Last year our VP was walking with a group of us and this girl walks by with a pair of black and white zebra pattern heels on and he says to me "I better not catch you wearing anything like those to work".... I responded that I had nothing to wear with shoes like that and mine were much more sedated... So he knows I wear high heels and doesn't want me coming to work enfemme?

None of the comments are mean or hurtful... Just like mater-of-fact comments.... From "your such a girl" to "the ladies dressing room is over there", I can go on and on..... So is it just me that gets these comments or am I imagining this? Who else get comments that make you think everyone knows and what are they?
    Last edited by Karren H; 02-04-2011 at 04:02 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

No comments yet, though I worry all the time.

My guy fb page has a pic of of me dressed up, and I have one co-worker, four ex-co-workers, and one next door neighbor of a lesbian coworker as friends on the thing.
    If I'm dead, I'm dead.....so far so good (....keeping my fingers crossed).

Personal friends & family notwithstanding.

It's hard to say. Could be coincidental attempts at humor, or they might be fishing, you never know.

If you underdress at work, maybe someone caught a glimpse of something that's given you away?

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    I wonder if there are things we say that tip them off. Today was "wear red day" and I made some comment about the red dress run and the red hat society and asked if I really have to wear red again?

I was joking (sort of) but with those occassional joking comments, some of my co-workers may wonder about me. . .

a bit nutty
    Oh yeah. Same kind of comments at work. I just throw it back at them now. No point being defensive, just embarrass them so they think twice about making those kind of unwelcome comments.

Ginger

Karren, you've been with your company a long time. You underdress at work and go out dressed while on the road. I think they're on to you girl.

Lol. I remember you saying that Nathalie and haven't gone to your male FB page to befriend you yet! I think the younger you are the more you worry?

.......My Photos

They might know, but they probably have no understanding of what it means. Haven't you said in the past that in your office, you don't bother hiding your more eclectic, or feminine tastes? I suspect most people (unless they have severe moral or religious objections) think the CDing is just some sort of kink.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    No comments yet, though I worry all the time.

My guy fb page has a pic of of me dressed up, ...
    If I'm dead, I'm dead.....so far so good (....keeping my fingers crossed).
    umm, so if you worry, why post on your guy fb page? Thrill of taking risks?

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Silver Member
    Well Karen,

Of COURSE they know. How could they not? I mean, you're "KAREN the FABULOUS" aren't you? Contrary to the prevailing opinion on this forum, most people just don't care what you wear in your spare time.

Do your job, love your family, pay your taxes, be kind to your neighbors, go to church, and nobody minds a little CDing. Your boss has told you not to show up at work dressed like that, so don't.

Stephie

Get em all the time....I would worry if I didn't ..Because if they didn't make remarks then they must know..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    I don't know. I think it's just part of macho guy/guy ribbing. I wouldn't get too paranoid.

I mean, just two days ago at work, a woman had left her stylish computer bag (hot pink leather) in one of the chairs and ran to the restroom before a meeting. A guys comes in, looks at the bag and says "Mind if I move your bag and sit there?"; he was smiling.

I responded that I would never carry that color bag with a tan shirt. The others in the room laughed.

The funny this is that I had never even met this guy before. I am a consultant and frequently go to different companies.

Oh, and many times, I have been hanging out with friends and they have said things like "That skirt is so hot, even you would look good in it." My stock response is "Only when entertaining close friends." And that always gets a laugh.

When I came out to my wife (I had never dressed while married), she said "So, only while entertaining close friends...that isn't really a joke is it?". My response: "It's always been a joke...makes me laugh inside."

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am a self-employed Insurance agent, so no co-workes to comment. However, I do out dressed enfemme almost every day and should get a lot of comments!!! Surprisingly I get very few!! The reason I should get comments is because although I am dressed totally as a woman, I look exactly like the man that I am!! No wig and no makeup. Well, maybe some lipstick but that is all!! Been going out that way for several years now, and have never had any type of problems!!

But Karren, I think Heather is right. Your co-workers do know!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Why Yes I under dress at work. For the last ..... A long time. And yes I'll the only guy wearing red for National Wear Red Day... And yes I have a ton of lotions on my desk and pink tissues and makeup in my desk drawers! Doesn't everyone? I was thinking that everyone gets these comments? Lol

.......My Photos

To me, that sounds like a case of "I know I'm not supposed to say anything, but it makes me a little uncomfortable, so I'm going to try to relieve the tension with humor." Go easy on them, I think they're trying to show you it's hard for them, but they want to at least be credited with trying to be accepting.

Had one just the other night. I've been taking "fencing lessons" for the past year. One of my classmates and I got to joking about rather than wear the traditional Fencing jackets, why not wear something akin to the English Dandy Fop complete with lace cuffs. She commented that she thought I'd look good in Velvet and lace. Of course my bright pink gear bag might be a "give away"
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I don't think I've had any comments like that.....yet. I'm clearly not trying hard enough. One guy at work has made comments about me using face cream, but I'm not sure if that's because of my radiance-boosting moisturiser or the fact that I have a tube of dermatological hand cream on my desk (I have some dry skin on my fingers that is a real pain, but that's not a TG thing)

It doesn't sound like they're too worried about it Karren, at least as long as you don't wear women's jeans.

There are people who fall into what I call "Category 4," or "Close Encounters of the 4th Kind." Those are the folks in your life who are most comfortable with a "don't ask, don't tell" approach. They have noticed a few things but really would prefer if the possibilities were neither confirmed nor denied.

Knowing that you crossdress would make them uncomfortable around you, so they just accept any "evidence" as part of who you are and never want to put the pieces together.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Karren, I drop all the hints in the world, to the friends in my area, my next door neighbor says they all know, i know they know...i even drop little jokes ...but they are afraid to respond , even in a joking manner... i sort of wish they would...i would have fun with it.

Work???? some know, as i have told them..mostly the women... if i bring it up they will talk with me but they won't go...how was your weekend, did you have any niki time, when are you going to the Raven again, i wanna go too etc.

i have been called a b*tch a few times at work or by customers. I simply state " you call me a B*tch like its a bad thing.'" they smile, and shut up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My Work colleagues know about me so its a different situation for me,any comments I will hear are with knowledge of my femme side,I get some funny comments from one of my close GG friends that I think she says to keep my feet on the ground but ive not heard any negativity from colleagues or noticed any bad attitudes towards me maybe because they have worked alongside me for a long period they ok with this knowledge about me.Unless the comments are hurtful they shouldnt imo be anything to worry about,now if you walked in dolled up they might be different
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Hard to say because we do not know these people or your work situation. But, as a guess I would say they know and do not care. The quality of your work is all that matters.

KARREN

the older i get i know the less i care what are they going to do take my birthday away HAHAHA i can only hope i just enjoy life and have fun, stay out of the cold it looks awfull back there

hugs susie

Good comment would be the time at Wal Mart when the cashier said "That dress will look good on you," was in drab at the time. Bad comment would be when t another Wal mart cashier aske rudely, "Are these sandals yours?" where the entire font end could here her. I smiled at them both but only said thankyou to the first one. Billie Jean

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    As a serious, serial CD'er, you tend to throw out little inuendo's most of the time. Especially when the pink fog is strong. You do it without consciousness.

Who can blame anyone if they feed off the inuendo's. BUT, when they throw some back at us, we get all paranoid about them knowing.

I used to get the "ladies room", "shoes", "clothes" jokes all the time. Heck, I used to get the door opened for me and "Be careful guys, there's a lady in the room!".

Then I went full time............ Some had a clue, many didn't. A lot had the wrong idea and thought I was gay. Others just thought I was new age and sensitive.

And what does it really matter? So long as you aren't being hauled out the back door and being tarred and feathered. If people like you, they really don't care if you wear a nighty to bed or not. What difference is it if you wear pink knickers or black jocks? If they don't like you, so long as they keep their barbs to themselves, all the better.

Want to give yourself away, a good time to do it is when these banters are flying. BUT, don't be surprised when they tell you that they really didn't know and that they thought it was just a bit of good natured fun.
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

Oh yeah they know! I myself would welcome comments like that! Just today, being wear day I wore red lipstick and dressed as a male going thru McD's drive thru the girl said thank you mam , HAVE A NICE DAY MAM!