Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who put their gender in my shampoo?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    What was the name of that lime-scented after shave that was hugely popular decades ago? I loved it.
    The one I remember is Hai Karate!

Marketing is an incredibly powerful force in our world. When someone first started selling body wash for men, they put an NFL pro-bowl lineman in the commercial using the wash with a puff, daring anyone to make fun of him. They always use the most masculine guy they can find whenever there is a possible question of how gender appropriate a product may be. Recently I saw an ad that may have been for either razors or shave gel (I keep the sound off, so I'm not sure), but they had a very buff guy shaving his chest and I think they also had his girl run her hand over his smooth pecs just to show he was a man's man.

It would be very interesting to see how things would change if the marketing giants abandoned or at least relaxed gender as part of their targeting. There is a possibility that may happen eventually as age, sex and race become secondary to actual interests that can be researched via our internet clicks, smart phone use and actual shopping behaviors.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

@suzanne

Well that's not really fair metrosexuals dress better, smell better & have a greater fashion sense than most guys. Honestly not all straight guys dress like slobs or smell like week old pizza. Predating my recent femme revelation, I wore (still wear) del fusero / cacharel suits, dunhill shirts, bathe in polo double black body wash & shampoo, touch up with a dab of joop or mont blanc starwalker & sport claude bernard timepiece. Wax / shave, get eyebrows done, all in a day of being a metro.

Quite the experience when you're living in high fashion metropolitan area. Its not a gender thing its a lifestyle choice. Its just not practical & economical to be doing it everyday though lol.
    xoxo
    lulu~

kittiebites <~ fb me