Thread: Shopping by proxy

Shopping by proxy

I've noticed while perusing the forums a strange trait in that a lot of "girls" on here seem to leave the buying of clothes and makeup etc to their SO and some even leave the choice of clothes and makeup to them as well. Isn't this a male trait of letting the little woman do all of the work, it doesn't seem to fit with a female persona ?? even when my wife was around I used to buy all of my femme stuff personally, what do you all think ?
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Well, not for me. My wife isn't so approving of me. I usually pick out and get my own clothes and makeup, I have only ever asked her to order makeup along with what she orders when I find something I like and when she lets me or I find her cataloge. Then I will ask if she would mind ordering it for me. Other then that I'm on my owm

I like to do my own shopping most of the time; I have only had a few--two or three--occasions when someone else has shopped for me. Once when my wife and I were shopping for other things, she asked if I would like to buy some panties. She was curious about what I would like. We did some looking and I chose three pair which she then paid for. My daughter has bought me a couple of things, but that's it.
    That's fine with me, although having my wife participate is nice just from the standpoint of support and understanding
    warmly, Linnea

Hi Linnea, I wasn't referring to girls that share with their SO indeed my wife used to buy me panties and slips for presents and vice versa but more to those that leave it all up to the SO like buying clothes doing their makeup laying out what to wear etc.....................
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Just because a person likes to crossdress, that doesn't mean they have a "female personna."
    DonnaT

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My late wife always did my makeup and fixed my wig during the many years we had together. The reason was because she was an expert in those fields, and I definitely was not! But when it came to clothes buying, she would not go shopping without me!! I picked out almost all her clothes, as well as my own! She liked my tastes better than hers, and of course the fact that I could usually find lower prices than she could also helped!! For years I have been able to look at a woman and detirmine how she would look dressed in a certain way! That is why my wife wanted me to shop with her, so I could "dress" her!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    Just because a person likes to crossdress, that doesn't mean they have a "female personna."
    I think the statement by Donna is applicable to me because crossdressing is a small, yet significant part of my personality.

My wife does pick out a majority of my clothing and assembles individual outfits. If I do select anything for me I will solicit her opinion beforehand because she possesses a rather refined sense of fashion and I enjoy including her as well. It's simply something we share together. When it comes to make up, I'm pretty much on my own as she requires little, if any. There have been times when she has asked for my advice, so it is not all one sided.

My wife doesn't like my dressing and doesn't want to know about it, so if I want any new clothes, I HAVE to do my own shopping.

Lori Anne

I do most of my shopping myself but when my wife is with me she usually gives an opinion of what I am looking at. When she is by herself she is always an the lookout for things she thinks I will like. If she buys something for herself and it doesn't fit or she doesn't like it she lets me try them on and if I like the outfit I keep it. She loves to shop for shoes and quite often she will come home with shoes for me. As for makeup I buy all my own.

Diana L