Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does chest and leg hair take to grow back?

How long does chest and leg hair take to grow back?

I'd like to hear how long chest and leg hair take to grow back. I shaved a patch of one leg as an experiment about 5-6 weeks ago, and barely anything has grown back (only 2-3 hairs in about 2 square inches; I'm fairly hairy, though, so this isn't much), while my chest hair is growing at a much faster pace. What's your experience?

You are lucky
    I could wear shorts again in 5-6 weeks easy.

Takes way much longer for me, about 8 weeks i'd guess

Quote Originally Posted by Anon18 View Post
    I'd like to hear how long chest and leg hair take to grow back. I shaved a patch of one leg as an experiment about 5-6 weeks ago, and barely anything has grown back (only 2-3 hairs in about 2 square inches; I'm fairly hairy, though, so this isn't much), while my chest hair is growing at a much faster pace. What's your experience?
    If you're only getting a few hairs after five weeks you're charmed. Enjoy it while you can.

As far as being able unable to wear shorts, etc. because of hair removal, that's a myth. The amount of hair varies widely from person to person. Few will notice your lack of hair. If anyone does and enquires, simply say "My [wife, girlfriend, etc.] likes it!"

hi you are lucky . mine are back after shaving in days. love deanna

I shave mine at least once a week! If I don't they look so bad! I hate body hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Anon18 View Post
    Depending on where you shaved the patch....leg hair has a tendency to wear off in areas due to the rubbing on your pants...if you shave there..you will see very little results...eg. the back of calves tend to have less hair.

just my thoughts

hair does not take long to rear its ugly head....days and its at the itchy stage....it takes a while to get long enough not to bother you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Aspiring Member
    It starts to grow back immediately, silly, it just takes awhile longer to reach its original length. It probably looks funny with just a patch of hair missing on your leg; why don't you go ahead and shave the entire leg, just watch out around the knees. When you finish the first leg you might as well shave the other leg as well. Use lots of moisturizer after shaving, you'll be delighted about the feeling and the look.

I'm sure there are different hair growth rates among us. You are comparing a patch of shaved skin against an adjacent non-shaved area. When I first shaved my legs, arms, and chest, I thought it would take months to grow back, and it probably did take that long to grow back to the same length as before shaving. But I found that in just a 2-3 weeks it had grown back enough that I didn't need to keep covered any more. I had hair back, and there was no comparing before and after. Also, I know guys with no leg hair (or very thin, short, and light-colored) and nobody makes comments about it. My fears about being discovered shaving my legs and arms were unfounded. Nobody noticed anything.

I can shave, then it starts to reappear within hours to just a day or two. Id like to figure out how to hide, or have the "black or dark" ends where the hair is cut show. If I shave my chest, it will be smooth, but all the ends where the hair "was" still show on my chest and belly area.
    : I may not know where I'm going, but I know where I am!

My entire upper body and face are going through laser treatments now. The legs will follow soon and unfortunately I have some gray on my face so that'll mean electrolysis.

But back to the OP. I still have to shave my legs and I really need to do so every 2-3 days at most. I get stubble at 2 days and by the 3rd it's starting to look and feel pretty bad. So you're lucky!
    If I had any idea that therapy, hair removal, hair transplants, doctors and medications were so expensive I would have planned to be rich first.

the fuz is rearing it's ugly head with in hrs.

after shaving it off and wanting it to grow back, it takes weeks( so it seams) but if your like me and shave to keep it off it grows back over night!!! OOOH to be female and not have this grotesque brush pile!!
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Gold Member
    The first time I shaved, I let it grow back so I could answer this question (for myself, I don't foresee the future). I was comfortable with it after about a month. Then I started epilating and now all bets are off.

Aspiring Member
    Although I don't want to admit it, I shave my legs every morning. I don't necessarily like the "have to" part of shaving my legs, it does give me a feminine feeling and outlook for the day. I know that I need to shave daily because I really can't stand the prickly feeling of my legs rubbing against one another when I go to bed at night. I don't know why it is but my wife's legs are still relatively smooth at night while mine are like the hairs growing out of my chin, totally unacceptable for a lady!

I have to shave daily to keep myself smooth....mine growth back within hours

How shall I say it - I would be very tempted to tell someone who hassled me about my shaved legs to go to a very warm place! Fortunately no one has hassled me about that detail but my selection of denim skirts in place of shorts with otherwise drab outfits has generated a fair number of comments.

I shave my legs and chest about once or twice a week and my arms every two days.

Johanna
    Last edited by JohnH; 02-06-2011 at 05:55 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Of course, it starts growing back right away, but some areas, especially on the legs, are rubbed bare and other areas grow unevenly--it seems uneven because hair grows in cycles. If you want your hair back at the same length it grows to normally, you'll have about a 6-8 week wait. But if you're worried that someone will notice and get worked up over your not having hairy legs, there are all kinds of excuses and for that matter, hardly anyone notices or cares. Keep in mind that lots of men shave their body hair for athletics--swimming, wrestling, boxing, other sports--and aesthetics. it's no big deal.
    warmly, Linnea

Not long enough, 1 week and I freak

We're all different - sometimes, believe it or not, it does not grow back or takes a very long time to do so.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Sapphire

I am not "hairy". No chest hair, no back hair and body hair (legs/arms) is "fine" and light. I have shaved my body for years now. I can feel slight "roughness" 24 hours after shaving my legs, so I shave daily (I like them smooth as a baby's butt, lol). I only have to shave my arms about once/week.

If you are wondering if it is possible to shave your legs, then regrow the hair quick enough such that your SO or others would not notice you did it...the answer is...no, it is not a realistic expectation.

Most scientific fanatics agree that hair growth rate is about .5" per month. Plus it will take awhile for the hair to be long enough to be "soft" and not "sticky". A woman will notice the difference in feel too, when your legs rub against hers.

Just apply the same process you experience with shaving your face and growing a beard to what will happen with shaving legs. That's close enough to figure what to expect...

Last edited by eluuzion; 02-07-2011 at 05:12 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The avvy pic isn't me
    I think we are having different discussions here. I took the OP to be asking about full growth.
    If the idea is to be smooth, which i assume is what we want and why we shave to begin with, then i can't imagine going longer than 2 days. Of course for the waxers and epilators they have to allow for some growth.
    I've grown tired of the everyday routine, so i typically skip one or two days each week.

Cassie

Just a day and I feel the stubble. I have to shave at least every other day for it to be tolerable, but now I'm letting it grow out to see how long it takes to get back to "normal". That does actually take some time.

Mine used to grow back fairly quickly after shaving. Then I switched to an epilator which slowed up the dreaded return significantly. Finally, I've had a laser taken to the legs and the problem has been resolved permanently
    Last edited by LoriFlores; 02-07-2011 at 08:29 PM.
    Lori

The best thing to do is to keep shaving it and never let that ugly leg hair grow back. Who wants to have ugly leg hair showing when you are wearing shorts? There is no reason to have leg hair. Body builders and other athletes shave their leg hair and other party of their bodies.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.