Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well that's odd - she usually only likes women!

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    I'm sure that comment wasn't necessarily directed at me, but it does resonate. Ouch!
    I think you passed oozing a long time ago.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I think you passed oozing a long time ago.
    Yeah, I just may need to lance that soon.

Kathi

I don't want to ruin the fun, but...are you sure the cat differentiates between genders and it wasn't the inn-keeper's way of asking you if you crossdress? So, here's the answer to the age old question if you think you see another CDer at the mall...you just bring your cat along...
    Chickie

Hahaha, you left out the title of the book you were reading. Maybe she noticed you were reading The Tales of a Boy Name Josie: A Story About Crossdressing that the Reader of this Book Obviously Relates To. Just kidding!

I'm sure that comment wasn't necessarily directed at me, but it does resonate. Ouch!

Kathi
    No, No! I am so sorry! It was not directed at anyone except maybe myself! Please forgive me!

Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Kathi,

It is a truly amazing story. It sounds like you are, albeit discretely, transmitting a signal that others in the world are detecting. There is clearly no need for masks anymore. They sense who you are and they are okay with it.

Melissa
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

...How about you? Do others see through the mask that you present to the world? Women? Men? Children? . . . . . . Animals?
    Kathi, I think humans and other animals intuitively read our body language, facial expressions and other signals we manifest. If you encountered someone that appeared to be mean or cross, chances are you might avoid or limit contact with them. Likewise, if an animal was showing signs of aggression or hostility, most of us would avoid them too. Sometimes animals will shy away from certain types of people (e.g. large people, men with beards, boisterous people, etc) because of a past bad experience they had with a similar person. I am convinced some animals that are normally shy with most people will take an instant liking to someone for no apparent reason.

For what it is worth, people have told me on numerous occasions how their dog or cat doesn't like men and then their pet won't leave my side. I must smell like really good food or something!

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

YES! My cheerleadery plans shall come to fruition as foretold by the seers of ages past in the Scrolls of Plegh......but it was probably the eyebrows, or the gestures or were you wearing the skinny jeans?

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    YES! My cheerleadery plans shall come to fruition as foretold . . . but it was probably the eyebrows, or the gestures or were you wearing the skinny jeans?
    Yeah, I kinda wondered when you would chime in.

I wasn't wearing my skinny jeans, but my baggy mail-order 29x35 guy jeans. Yes, my eyebrows were the way you last saw them. Of course since they've been lasered, that's the way they will remain, anyway (are they too girly? I've gotten a few comments). As for the gestures, I just can't help it. I don't have a drop of Italian blood in me, but - like our experiment with our son where we told him he couldn't say 'like' every third word and found he couldn't speak at all - if my hands were tied down, I would be mute. So yes, it was probably a combination of all of that, plus a very perceptive 'womanly' thing that led her to this conclusion. Who knows. All I know is that I feel, . . . validated?

Kathi

Yeah, I kinda wondered when you would chime in.
    You know me so well and how could I resist.

I wasn't wearing my skinny jeans, but my baggy mail-order 29x35 guy jeans.
    Gasp!

anyway (are they too girly? I've gotten a few comments).
    They are a touch girly....but well...there can never be such a thing as "Too much girly". Make em girlier! Mwah ha ha ha.

So yes, it was probably a combination of all of that, plus a very perceptive 'womanly' thing that led her to this conclusion. Who knows. All I know is that I feel, . . . validated?
    You deserve validation, lady.

Veronica
    Last edited by VeronicaMoonlit; 02-08-2011 at 10:37 AM.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Banned Read only
    All I know is that I feel, . . . validated?

Kathi
    So does that mean you get free parking now?

I tell ya - for someone desperately holding on with both hands to keep this vehicle in the median, I sure have a lot of roadblocks in the way, it seems. Cheerleaders to the left of me, friends and strangers to the right. How can I continue to convince myself of my own happiness in my station in life if I can't even convince others?

How about you? Do others see through the mask that you present to the world? Women? Men? Children? . . . . . . Animals?

Kathi
    It's hard to fool all of the people all of the time. I think between the lack of body hair and thin eyebrows, hand and body movement, and of course chatiness and knowledge of style, it'a difficult to NOT have some that know us well to clue into the female vibe.

It's tough walking that thin pink line between male and female. You have to hold tightly to your loves so that they anchor you as you stretch towards learning as much of your female side as you dare.
    Last edited by Sally24; 02-08-2011 at 01:07 PM.
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    So does that mean you get free parking now?
    Honey, I am so fabulous, that I always get free parking. Of course, most of the places already have free parking, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Kathi

Wow, what a touching story...er..I mean pic I guess there is such a thing as womens intuition, or Sally hit the nail polish on the...wait....that's nail on the head. If you have it, flaunt it! You will be booking more visits to the B & B I gather. Take some girly things with you. Eventually your wife will accept who you are and love you for it. Just knowing someone knows and accepts is more than validating, it's a signpost or marker on your journey of self discovery. What a euphoric feeling that must have been, congratulations, TTFN.

Danielle
    Last edited by DaniPat; 02-08-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Welcome to 2012, only 11 months until the "Mayan" calendar ends, oh my!
    [SIZE="2"]“The Answer to the Great Question Of.....Life, the Universe and Everything.....(is) Forty-two.”[/SIZE]
    Douglas Adams (British comic Writer, 1952-2001)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    & , TTFN
    Danielle Patricia

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town
    Kathi-

What a great story. I know my dog looks at me differently when I am in femme. The cat just does not seem to care )
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

Semi Sane innocent angel
    I suggest using a maxi pad to contain all of that oozing . Other wise you might get an ectoplasm monster pink fog . Think ghost busters with the slime that caused negative emotions.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickhe View Post
    So, here's the answer to the age old question if you think you see another CDer at the mall...you just bring your cat along...
    Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "CAT Scan"

Now, I'm not a big cat fan. I can tolerate them and occasionally enjoy having a well-behaved cat on my lap for a bit, but all-in-all I'd just assume that they keep their distance. Naturally, they seem to be attracted to me like catnip. A friend once suggested that the reason that cats seem to be oddly attracted to non-cat-lovers is that cat lovers tend to smile when seeing them and showing teeth is a negative sign to a cat. I don't smile as much so cats feel more comfortable. Go figure

Well, speaking only for me, I think most people can tell something is 'up' with me. I mean, I've been 'one of the girls' my whole life. Doesn't matter what I wear or what I do, i'm just one of the girls.

Platinum Member
    that's almost spooky. I don't have any near mystical expereinces like yours, but over the years I can think of a couple of female friends that seemed to be able to perceive something behind the facade. Its both uncomfortable and in some sense reassuring to that the real you is visible to those who can see.

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    I had a couple of occasions in a previous life like that where someone was surprised that their dog/cat only likes women and would sidle up to me.

The animals must have known more than I was prepared to admit - even to myself. Wish I'd followed their advice earlier.

Funnily enough, no one tells me now that their pets only like men!!! Or is it that they don't notice their pets distaste for male pheromones?

Mmmm.......Pheromones.................
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Hold on tight to that steering wheel dear because if you can't stay in the median there is no way that some of us have any change of making it to our destination.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Ah yes! Dogs look up to us, Cats look down on us and pigs treat us like equals............

That being said, The cat must have seen something really special in you Kathi. I think the B&B owner did too. Perhaps her hubby is a lady as well?? Now wouldn't that be something?

It matters not how the innkeeper knew, suffice it to say she is a woman, and women know things because they pay attention to details. My wife can remember details from an argument we had ten years ago. Truly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Morgan View Post
    It matters not how the innkeeper knew, suffice it to say she is a woman, and women know things because they pay attention to details. My wife can remember details from an argument we had ten years ago. Truly amazing.
    LORD Yes! Doesn't matter how trivial it was/is now, their memories rival the elephant. My SO remembers not only the day, but the time of day, whether it was sunny or rainy, what she or I was wearing, the number of buttons and the wallpaper on the wall.

BTW, Mary, commenting on another post you made, you look totally female........ way to go.
    Last edited by CaitlynRenee; 02-09-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    For whatever it is worth: cats trust me more than they trust most people. Not every cat -- there are some that run away from everyone -- but the majority of cats, whether they are known for only liking men or for only liking women or known for disappearing when "company" comes over.

I am, though, a "cat person" rather than a "dog person".