Thread: Politically Correct titles

A Near Miss
    A Knight-Mare
    Serial Friller

Quote Originally Posted by DebsUK View Post
    A Near Miss
    A Knight-Mare
    Serial Friller
    You did it again Debs (wiping coffee off of my monitor)!

"Serial Friller" indeed!

Aspiring Member

I have seen mentioned...

I have seen mentioned Femiman in relation to the androgynous dressing of some of the high-fashion male/female models such as Pejic.
    It coujld be a universal lastname Hester Femiman, Haley mills Femiman like a tribe the is universal and interconnected.
    possibly we could be:
    Drag-goon
    Drabonette
    femifashionistas
    bootycuties
    dameswithoutborders
    VSapparelqueens
    sequinaddicts
    thongamabobs
    pantyloons
    Dressers

Personally, I'm not too crazy about either term-crossdresser or transvestite (one is Latin, one is English) because of their connection with the gay community (no offense folks). It would be nice to have another descriptive term that--label if you will-- could be as different as pilot is form truck driver.
    Femiman is actually not too bad but it is a mouthful sort of.
    dress-alternative person
    male-clothing optional peson
    genderdresser

I don't know--something, anything.

Aspiring Member

Thumbs up ou got me to gaffaw

A Near Miss
    A Knight-Mare
    Serial Friller
    [SIZE="6"]A NEAR MISS[/SIZE] love it.

Politically correct is not spoken here,I say whats on my mind,in my own way,and it's 100% not politically correct.

Yes I have been accused of being as subtle as a cement block right between the eyes.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

How about "Wardrobe Gifted"?
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by busker View Post
    Drag-goon
    Drabonette
    femifashionistas
    bootycuties
    dameswithoutborders
    VSapparelqueens
    sequinaddicts
    thongamabobs
    pantyloons
    Dressers

:
    Sorry to say this but you are FIRED! J/K.
    Last edited by Briana90802; 02-08-2011 at 01:03 AM.

While I prefer to think of myself as a crossdresser most everyone else regards me as a Freak of Nature.

I am happy with crossdresser, although I would prefer to be just a 'girl'!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.Martin View Post
    How about "Wardrobe Gifted"?
    More like Wardrobe Overflowing!

I like Drag-goon and male lesbian.

Girlfriend has taken to calling me "Mister Princess."

If I were a Sioux, I'd be "Wind In His Skirt."

Other'n'at... who really gives a crap? Words is words. What am I? I'm me. I'm the only one if its kind. Calling myself a transvestite really makes no more sense than calling myself a hockey fan -- which tells the listener exactly one thing about me. That's like trying to describe a month-long tour of Europe in one sentence. What's the point?

I'm transgendered (since it's an umbrella term), and I'm both a crossdresser and a transvestite (since they both mean the exact same thing). I think of myself as a crossdresser, but when explaining it to others I'll initially use the term transvestitve, since most people know what that means.

And as for those who insist that labels cannot be applied to them, even if a banana insists it's not a banana, it's still a banana. It's also an incorrect banana.

Labels are important. Labels are names for things, people, ideas. Most of the words in language are labels. Labels are used because they conveniently portray an idea in a single word. If we didn't have labels like crossdresser, I would constantly be using the phrase "a person who likes to dress in the clothing of the opposite gender." Sure it might be a little more descriptive than a single word, but it's surely nowhere near as convenient. Words aren't just sounds we make with our mouths, words are little packets of meaning and description. As society comes upon new ideas, new words are made to label the new ideas, to make them easier to communicate about. If we didn't make new words it would take forever to accurately communicate ideas. Imagine trying to write a computer manual in Latin--it would probably take an entire sentence in Latin to describe what only takes a single word in English--"motherboard."
    Last edited by Nick2Nikki; 02-08-2011 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Added the last paragraph.

IMO, Labels suck. Political correct-ness is also a lot of hot air. What ever happened to thick skinned people that just told it like it is? Oh, and the word "transvestite" (used as a slang word or term) was referring to the drag queenish people where I grew up. I do prefer "crossdresser" because that is what I am doing....a guy dressing in girl's clothing.

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    I'd like to see another option available on forms that insist you identify your gender.

Mr.
    Ms.
    Mrs.
    Mstr. (pronounced "mizzter")

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tanyalynn51 View Post
    does that make me"PC challenged?"
    That's how some of my customers describe themselves whilst I'm helping with their computer
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Does it matter? You'll get a different answer depending where you are. Literally, they mean the same thing, but some of each of our life experiences has placed positive or negative connotations on one word or the other. It becomes important to think of language objectively, and not allow subjective twists to get in the way.

I think the important thing is to believe that we're all part of the same community and to stop getting our panties in knots when someone doesn't use your term of the week for yourself when describing you.
    Last edited by Blaire; 02-08-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    The OP asked that we have fun with this, but it is a little close to home, isn't it. Even so, I guess I'll finally weigh in with my opinions of me:

1) I'm not wild about transvestite because of the fetishist overtones, and Tina is surely not a fetish!

2) I'm also not wild about crossdresser because it's verbal focus is on the outer shell (dressing) and although the whole ball of wax that is Tina comes with feminine attire, Tina is not about a "guy in a dress" so I'd rather avoid the crossdresser term.

3) I like transgendered, but it has taken on such a general connotation that it doesn't explain much.

4) I really like bigendered (I think I'm the second person to mention this term) as my masculine and feminine selves really have a large degree of separation, hence I really do feel I live in two genders.

5) The terms like trans-lesbian might be the case, but the sexually-linked terms seem to take away from the focus of the internal need to be feminine without the need for sexual overtones.

6) I also don't find the nicknames of tranny or t-girl unpleasant.

But that's just me

tina

What this forum needs is a glossary page - where terms are defined for the sole purpose of discussion on the forum. That way, we can stop having this recurring discussion/disagreemet/argument. Away from here, use whatever terms you please. Because of our backgrounds, we will never be in agreement otherwise.

Why even bother with titles especially PC ones. Obviously, there is not even agreement within the "community". While I think I understand the OPs desire to have a nice, clean, agreeable title, I don't think they work in the real world. Titles allow you to be stereotyped and labeled. Rarely does anyone fit perfectly within a title. We are all individuals with an almost infinite number of variations. The driving forces behind who we are are also unique and varied. Until we as a group stop labeling ourselves, how do we expect the general masses to stop looking at us as anything but another person in the crowd? I am me - an unique individual - not a title or label.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Oh my GAWD! Is it just me or are people taking this subject much to seriously? PC, not PC? To label or not to label? Really who cares? Regardless if we choose to label ourselves or not other people will label us for themselves and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

But this topic was meant to be fun and not to be taken too seriously. Let's keep it light because the three things in our lives(as humans) that seems to be rather universal is that life is too short, too serious and definitely too stressful.

Keep it fun people.

Any of the above terms are to be preferred to:

F**king Pervert

that I have been called when I had the audacity to walk on the driveway of a "friend" while wearing a denim skirt with otherwise drab attire.

Johanna
    Last edited by JohnH; 02-08-2011 at 01:55 PM.

'Woman', works well for me. PC? I don't speak that language but I do try to be nice to everyone.

Account is closed
    Transvestite is no longer a title. It is like Latin, a dead language and a dead term.

It is crossdresser, gender queer (or gender f*ck if you prefer), transsexual, and for the biological side of transsexual, sometimes intersex.

All these terms are covered under transgender.

People tend to sometimes use gender non conforming, androgynous, or androgyne.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Transgendered is fine. Michelle to my friends and family ('cause they actually picked that name). I don't really have a strong opinion about either crossdresser or transvestite - I've been called both.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Karren works well.... For me... Not you...
    I can't imagine saying "I am going to 'Karren' and then go out to see some friends."

A Near Miss
    A Knight-Mare
    Serial Friller
    All great, perfect answer.

I feel I am transgendered. Whatever terms that people use to describe me cannot cover the many points on the spectrum to really capture how I feel about this.

For a new term, maybe "Female adjacent."

I prefer the term crossdresser - it seems to fit better. However if anyone is offended by my being what I am then I don't care what term they use, I'm not going to get along with them...