Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Politically Correct titles

Aspiring Member

doing the Karren?

Quote Originally Posted by Christy_M View Post
    I can't imagine saying "I am going to 'Karren' and then go out to see some friends."
    "
    You can Karren all you want, so long as you DON'T DO IT IN JEANS!

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    I kinda like the title Glamazon

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Testosterone Deficent.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

A heterosexual crossdresser who loves frilly dresses: straight-laced

I've never liked the term "transvestite" because it sounds so clinical and because of the negative connotations associated with it - deviant, mentally ill, fetishistic etc. Even the Brits, who tend to use that term more frequently, typically tone it down to the more benign, sympathetic, playful, and non-threatening diminutive of "tranny".

I used to prefer the word "crossdresser" back in the days when I thought it was all about my love for women's clothing, but ever since I have been going out in public as "Leslie" (about 3 years now), I've come to realize that it is more than just experiencing the feel of women's clothing an looking like a woman when all dressed up. I have actually come to enjoy being treated like a woman when out and about and the social interactions that entails i.e being served by SA's in stores, chatting with other women customers, interacting with restaurant wait staff, having makeovers done etc.

So yes, while I am still fundamentally male and live my life that way 90% of the time, I also realize that the term "transgendered" probably best describes the way I see myself now, and because "Leslie" as such an important part of who I am deep down inside.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Actually I'm surprised that the term Tom-girl isn't used for cding. Any thoughts?

It has nothing to do with "politically correct"-- That phrase has been so misused, too often!
    It is just that some us us prefer crossdresser... simple!
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

I identify as transgender. I don't like the word transvestite, as it implies fetish, sexual, etc... I used to consider my self crossdresser, because that's what I thought I was before I learned more about my self, but I can no longer identify as CD simply, although technically, I am cross dressing, but, for me it's much more than the clothing and dressing as I wish to transition and have been suffering gender identity dysphoria alot these past several months, however, won't identify my self as transsexual until a therapist tells me that this is correct. It's just that I feel that I'm dressing so that my outside and expression matches who I am on the inside.. I think

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802
    Any ideas?
    [SIZE="2"]How about HUMAN BEING???[/SIZE]

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    I've never liked the term "transvestite" because it sounds so clinical and because of the negative connotations associated with it - deviant, mentally ill, fetishistic etc.
    I'm the same way. It's also the term that was popular when I was young, and I think the shame I felt about what I was doing then kinda stuck to the word, along with all the negative stereotypes I heard about it.

Aspiring Member
    if you were a dresser with a mirror, you would be a vanity. Femiman is also a term i have heard recently.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by busker View Post
    if you were a dresser with a mirror, you would be a vanity
    I haven't got a mirror, but I do speak French so would that make me a French Dresser?
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Politically Correctness is actually abused too much these days,causing rather than solving problems.I answer to Crossdresser and to Transvestite.I'm happy where I am in the spectrum.we shouldnt get hung up on labels IMO
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I do not like the term crossdresser. It is more of an activity than defining who I am. I would like to refer myself as transgendered, however most confuse that term with transexual, which I am not. So, I would love it if there were a PC term that would define who I am. How about Iambothmaleandfemaleatthesametimeallofthetimeism?? That should cover it.

There have been several wonderful suggestions in this thread: "Near Miss," "Serial Friller," "PantyLoon" and "Transistor" are great! "Hot cross-bunny" may be my favorite. I need to ask: if I dress badly, do my makeup badly and clomp around with mannish movements and gestures, would that make me "Femi-none?"
    If you haven't seen it, there is another thread going on right now, called "When Does CD Become TV," which roughly parallels this one and has some very funny suggestions pretzled into it.
    Hugs to all -- Diane

I am bi-gendered however I prefer the term gender fluid. I have never actually seen anyone other than myself use this term though. I started using it one day when my friend stated that she felt gender should really be something that is fluid and thats how I feel I am.

As I'm sure you've heard by now, crossdresser is the more Politically Correct term. "Transvestite" brings up the sexual issues to a large percentage of the population. Which also brings up the question of why a persons sexuality should make a difference in social interactions in the eyes of society. It's an element by which people are judged. Is it the residual Puritanism in American culture that condemns anything sexual that makes it "bad"?