Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I wrong to be here?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar

Am I wrong to be here?

In a recent thread where I thought I was pleading for greater tolerance of everyone here, I was asked in no uncertain terms why I
    hang around us lot of dumb crossdressers anyway?
    even though
    The heading on this section is "Male to Female Crossdressing."

I will only say in my defence that I have never intended to treat anyone as a "dumb" anything - even those who hate transgendered people.

I also asked last July whether I was behaving like a fraud by posting in the cross-dressers section of this site although I am a woman 24/7 http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...95#post2219495

At the time, I thought that the response was an invitation to continue, but now I ask the question in a different form: am I wrong to be here?

I will accept a majority verdict.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Well I'm a woman 24/7 and I'm posting here! I don't think this forum is some kind of girls-have-cooties tree fort.

Just because one person thinks that you should only be allowed to post in the forums that might not apply to you in the strictest sense by name, doesn't mean you aren't welcome here.
    Last edited by Nick2Nikki; 02-08-2011 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Removed possible conflict-causing comment.

If you are posting in the wrong section wouldn’t a member of the staff say so?
    Also I have found out since being a member that there is a small minority that say nasty things sometimes.
    I think I will go on reading and enjoying your posts here for a long time to come Rianna.

Love, SUZY

Rianna

This is not really a question that needs asked

This is an open section of the forum which everyone is entitled to post in

Your gender does not matter as long as you have something to contribute to the thread
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Well I like you Rianna and value your opinions & funnies even if I don't always agree ( and most times I do ) I will defend your right to your opinion. Don't you dare go away I would miss you............
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Rianna, We all have opinions, and have due rights to express them. Like Shelly said, gender has no matter, as long as you have something to contribute. I thought that a forum was a place to learn from one another, and after joining here, I found that to be quite true. Just hang in there...If you leave, you will be missed.

I truly think everyone should be treated with respect. If one treats others with respect and dignity the respones should be the same!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    NO is the concise answer to that,maybe the one who saw fit to say such a pathetic thing should evaluate whether they belong here.This is a place for everyone to seek understanding of ourselves and others and I for one enjoy reading your posts.Yeah I have experienced negativity from TS in my life but I can honestly say all ive ever saw you be is supportive.I am certain the majority will be solidly behind you Rianna,dont you go anywhere

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I appreciate the comments so far, perhaps I might add a couple of clarifications?

I wasn't thinking leaving cd.com altogether but if the majority though that I am wrong to post in the MtF section or my opinions became offensive to the majority who post in MtF, I would respect ther opinion.

I wouldn't put down the person who posed the question - I think that they were showing their hurt because they thought that I did want to put them down. It sparked a train of thought with me because as opinionated as I can be, I don't like to offend.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Please don't even think of moving to another ssection. I would have to track you down. I, personally, read all you post and value your opinions and insight. Some people, even me at times, just don't use all the grey matter God, or whoever may be superior, to their advantage.

Bobbi

Imho.. Anyone can post anywhere.. I participate on a bunch of women's forums on FaceBook including Women's Health, More, Self and Shape... And they know I'm not a woman.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I hope you don't, Rianna. You were the first to welcome me so warmly to the community, and I appreciate that you were online and keen to put me at ease. You have a kind heart and much to contribute.

*hugs*

Dani

As shelly has said it is not a question that needs to be asked as it is an open forum and all points of view should be and hopefully are welcome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

You are not wrong to be in the room. All should realize that each person can add information to help others learn. Some may not like to read what others have to say because they only see there side. I find that reading many sides helps me and most others to understand ourselves and each other.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Rianna, you are certainly welcome to post here! This Forum is open to almost all, and the Moderators will kick out those who don't belong. While I may not agree with all your posts, you do post interesting comments!! Stay here with us and keep posting!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Please, keep hanging around!

the way I see it is we are all (CD/TG/TS) in the pink fog, it's just how thick is the fog where we are as individuals, I have started CD'ing twice, and twice I've wanted to transition after beginning to CD. I think we all all on the same side so I don't understand why TS wouldn't be allowed to post in the CD section, from time to time CD's have posted in the TS section, and I haven't seen anyone get upset.

One of the best things about being a member here instead of just a visitor, is that it opens up all the sections of the forum to us, not just this one. And while this section may best define me, I visit and contribute to other sections. If we can't accept and support all of our members here, how can we ever expect change in the general population. Rianna, please stay and continue to contribute to this section.

I agree, you should stay where you are! I would miss you! I think Suzy said it best!

I for one think you shouldn't be hanging round with a bunch of dumb crossdressers, but then neither should I. Anyone saying that is clearly speaking for themselves (and by definition seem to be ruling them out from any Nobel prizes in the near future ) and fortunately most of us aren't that dumb so please stay. I personally value your contribution, not to mention the fact that you'd be one fewer Brit on the forum.
    hugs

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    At the time, I thought that the response was an invitation to continue, but now I ask the question in a different form: am I wrong to be here?
    Rianna, this forum offers many twists of opinions and perspectives. However, when certain individuals post, I will always read their thoughts. You are one of those people and I would regrettably miss you input should you leave. So please reconsider your position and realize that you are a valued member. Also, I am not dumb nor is anyone else for that matter.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

a bit nutty
    OK, you probably the third person that has recently posted that feels like they're not wanted here or fits in. Yeah, sure there are malicious people here with their own "cliquish" self righteous ideas who will beat you up. This is a public forum after all and like it or not, people (even ignorant ones) are entitled to their opinions. They're full of s@#t though. Nobody comes here to be beat upon. Pay them no mind or just stomp on their toes harder! You have as much right to be here as anyone else. Stick around. End of story.

Ginger

I look at it this way...

This is the Internet. It is like being a amateur meteorologist. There is always a chance of being wrong, or right. Is it partly sunny, or partly cloudy? Is that person you are chatting with really a woman? Or a guy pretending to be a woman? Or a guy dressed like a woman, that is a really guy, that wants to be a woman, so he is not really pretending, or is he, or she?

Only her hair-dresser knows for sure. But, if the person was worth chatting with, does it matter?

Well, I guess the only fair way to settle this...is for you to contact that specific poster, and ask her/him to have his mother meet your mother at a specific time and place to have a one-on-one arm wrestling match to determine who is "right" here, then we will all live with the decision...

or not...

I am with you! You can stay if you promise never to post anything I disagree with, ok? That sounds fair to me...

Now, what is it we are voting on again?
    How are we going to count the raised hands anyway? What if somebody votes twice? Like once as a guy and once as a gurl? Maybe we need a full body scanner to do this right? hmmmm...

Uh oh, I think I made a gramatickle error here. Great, now I won't be allowed to post anymore, right? I knew I should have stopped to get milk on the way home, darn!

Think Less, Act More...Life is Short...

Last edited by eluuzion; 02-08-2011 at 09:39 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Just posting in the M2F section? Why in the heck should you do that? That would be like going to a large buffet and eating only the rice pilaf, plate after plate. Rianna, there will always be people who think crossdressers are silly wannabes, and there will always be people who think that 'trannys' are confused muffinheads. But those are a small percentage of the people on this board. Don't let those few get to you - even if that few includes me. We need all views - even opposing ones to the ones we hold - if we're ever going to make sense out of this crazy thing in our lives. Stay, please.

Kathi