Thread: A missed Opportunity

A missed Opportunity

Tonight I participated in a Scavanger Hunt event at the Mall of America. I had a great time with my teammates but missed out on an amazing dream chance at wearing a fancy ball gown.

One of the items on the list was to find an ugly prom dress and bonus points if a man on the team models it for the picture. We went into a nice shop with lots of beautiful prom, ball gowns and wedding dresses and of course I instantly wanted to try many of them on. There were only 3 of us guys in the group of 7 but one guy spoke up saying he will wear the dress. I didn't act bummed but I also wasn't jumping up and down saying "pick me, pick me, I like wearing dresses!"

So he tried one on and looked like a guy in a dress. The dress was actually very lovely looking and the SA's were very cool about him doing this for this event. Something to think about in the future. Still I was bummed that I didn't get to try on a pretty gown.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    That is a real pity, but I guess the sort of price we have to pay for not wanting to push ourselves in peoples faces
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

That really does sound like a missed opportunity. Too bad they didn't give extra credit for multiple males wearing dresses...

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Ahhhh Haaaaa. A new excuse for the gals still in the closet. "Can I try on that dress and you take a picture of me for a scavenger hunt?"
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Gold Member
    Yes!!! That is a great idea. Go back to the store, and ask the SA to fix you up.
    Tell her that you are one jump ahead of the competition. LOL
    Rader

I'm gutted for you. I hate it when that sort of thing hapens, when you get the chance presented to you to wear a frock but don't want to push it and sound too enthusiastic.

So sorry you missed out! For the guy that did try on the dress, makes me wonder if you were the only one there!??

Maybe if two guys wore dresses you'd have gotten bonus points?
    Dana Fleming

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Ahhhh Haaaaa. A new excuse for the gals still in the closet. "Can I try on that dress and you take a picture of me for a scavenger hunt?"
    Maybe we should make a fake scavenger list with that item and post it here for all to use. Other items could be a guy getting a picture is a VS bra, guy getting a makeover...

Shelby, I think many of us have missed opportunities because of that hesitation. It is a survival instinct to stop and think if you are going to create problems by doing it and sometimes an opportunity is lost in those seconds. Sorry it didn't work out.

An opportunity like that does not come along and drop in your lap every day. I'd have done it. You won't have that chance again, I don't think.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Just wondering if that line will work if I'm alone

Zoe

Sounds like every time a female playmate wanted to dress me up when I was a kid, I'd beg off, not wanting to sound too enthusiastic and give away my secret. A boy who wasn't into CDing probably would've jumped at the chance to wear a dress.

On the other hand, I have used the "scavenger hunt" story a couple of times as a cover for buying something girly.