Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to be unrecognizable by friends when en femme

How to be unrecognizable by friends when en femme

I always wonder whether my friends and acquaintances would recognize me when I'm fully en femme - wig, make up, dress, different manners, different voice.

Just want to share tips on how to make myself even more unrecognizable. Are there things I could do to make even my wife or mother not recognize me when I walk pass them en femme in the street ?

mothers always know...

You might want to ask Sherry ( docrobbysherry ) for a clue.

You could try wearing colored contact lenses and a wig that is a strikingly different hair color than your natural look.

Change your hair color and dress like a hooker and stand on a street corner as they walk by! Just kidding! No don't try this at home!

Aspiring Member
    I hear that the Groucho Marx glasses work pretty good. I haven't tried them out myself yet but I was thinking about it.

I mean seriously, what should be done?
    Could someone share anecdotes or practical experience?

wear a long trench coat, sunglasses and a hat. and hold a newspaper up to your face

I imagine if you can pull off looking like a natural woman, and your friends don't know about this side of you (or if they do but have a hard time imagining it), the idea won't occur to them.

Reminds me of something a friend of mine said about getting a tattoo: "When you get your first one, even if it is in a place that is normally hidden by clothing, you will think everyone knows its there." It'll be obvious to you that you're the same person still; but to the bystander, they'll see a woman, and that's about it.

Now, if you approach your friends and talk to them, they might wonder...

would your friends be looking for a woman? how well do you blend in to the surroundings? as in would you be in a gown when only a simple skirt would work?

.in a place were you friends would be looking for you?

would you mount a neon sign atop of your head?

Last edited by Loni; 02-09-2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: tyop

If you do not wear glasses a good pair of feminine rimmed glasses might help. You can find glasses without a perscription at websites such 39dollarglasses.

Wear a cloth type headband to breakup the wig line.

I have been very close to people I know quite well. At the time I was far more worried about it. No one recognized me.

Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

Seriously? They won't know! I suspect the things that will give you away are your voice, certain mannerisms, your routine (ie: neighbors expect to see your male self coming and going or you visit the same places where there are people you know) or unique features, your car or wife if she is with you... Otherwise, with a wig, makeup and convincing appearance you will blend in as a woman and no one would put 2 and 2 together.
    Chickie

Longer hair with bangs (which cover up the forehead, one recognition tell).

A really different and femme walk. Easier said than done. Most CD's have male walks.
    Your gait is why people can recognize you quite far away.

Have a different, more femme resting facial expression, move your eyes around more as you interact with the world.

Wear prominent makeup that is visible -- going "natural" means you'll still look a lot like your boyself.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

No PROBLEM!http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/editor/attach.png

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    You might want to ask Sherry ( docrobbysherry ) for a clue.
    As Stephanie wrote, I try to make sure I CAN'T RECOGNIZE ME!
    Here's how I do it!

46294.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well, I would say that a long hair wig would go a long way. (unless you already have long hair) Also, tinted glasses may help. (unless you already wear them) In addition, you should wear clothing that disguises your body shape as much as possible.
    And of course, plenty of makeup.

In general, if you are able to "pass" as an ordinary woman, most people are not likely to recognize you when walking by you or seeing you somewhere. Don't know if it would work with wives and mothers though.

Normally, having your spouse with you is an asset since a crossdresser walking with one or more women is more likely to be assumed to be "one of the girls." If, however, someone would recognize your spouse, that could cause them to notice you, although I actually had that happen last week and it appeared to work out just fine.

We were at a ladies' auxiliary dinner and a woman who knows me en drab came by to say "Hi" to my spouse. She chatted with my spouse while I acted nonchalant, payed no attention to them, and went on eating my dessert, now and then even talking with the woman on my other side. She ignored me as just one more woman at the table, probably not associating me with my spouse. It could have been dicey though.

Some CDs go so far as to have "his" and "hers" cars. A fun idea, but probably "overkill" for most encounters, unless one car is spectacular and draws attention. A bright pink 1965-1969 Cadillac convertible would fit that description.

As some others have already mentioned, changing glasses, or wearing gender appropriate ones if your other personna doesn't, might help. Different haircolor could help, if one of you wears a wig or toupee.

But mostly, people do not look at each other and think, "I know that woman as a guy," or "I know that guy as a woman."

Recently, for example, a member of my women's club actually did see "him" someplace, up close and personal. She told one of the other members, "I saw her wearing men's clothes!" Does that tell you something?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I introduced my male self once to some one I knew only enfem and they had a hard time believing. I had seen them many times in male mode and they had known me enfem but never guess until I introduced myself Don't know if it works the other way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Wear a burka.

You can skip the makeup, but burkas are all girl so you won't lose any crossdressing cred. Plus, even the TSA can't recognize you that way.

Ime, it's a gamble -- in my case, I'd say 50-50. I've had people tell me they would never recognize me, have even experienced that very thing, but then again I've had a couple of people ID me almost instantly, which definitely burst my bubble of anonymity. You roll the dice and take your chances. If you need to avoid being outed, the safest bet is to avoid situations where you might encounter someone who knows you.

Then there's the obvious - go to a town or city fifty miles from home.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Sallee View Post
    I introduced my male self once to some one I knew only enfem and they had a hard time believing. I had seen them many times in male mode and they had known me enfem but never guess until I introduced myself Don't know if it works the other way
    I also went to a function in drab mode that I had always gone to while en-fem and not one person knew who I was until I told them. So my guess is that anyone that knows me in male mode won't recognize me in fem mode.

Change your skin tone or color? Just kidding, but, it would help anonymity. I wear lady sunglasses, make up, but, my height 6'6" , and voice make it tough to anyone who knows me. I would have to dress like a lady quite well, hiding male features. My face, forehead and chin are giveaways too. Wig with bangs helps, as one said.

Seriously, the one thing you might want to practice at is contouring, using lights and darks, along the top, or sides of the nose, to heighten cheek bones and things, a little dark contouring under the cheek bones will raise them up and make you look different, of course this are small changes that alter perception, but would never help under any real scrutiny. Get a wig that is way different from your natural color. Wear colors you would never wear in drab. Move fast and don't look them in the eye, I think that should do it!
    Tina B.