Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In General, Are You More Sensitive Than The Average Person?

In General, Are You More Sensitive Than The Average Person?

I have to say that I surely am. Sometimes I wear my feelings on my sleeve.

Yes very very sensitive, Sometimes I take a mere remark the wrong way and feel I maybe getting victimised. I have been trying to get harder but even at work a negative comment can hurt deep. Maybe why part of me retalliates with anger to disguise the hurt and avoid the female side from being revealed.

Oh yes I am! I also put up a rough front, but not very well. I have recently decided to be myself, not nesseccarily come out, but just drop the false facades I put up for other people. I figure I will get my feelings hurt more, but I will be happier overall.

Hi.

This can be for male or female / women or chidren .

one can be very sensitive in a lot of things or we can be over the top sensitive ,

so we need to put in perspective as to why we are the way we are. & knowing that can help us to live life in a way that we dont have to put our selfs down because we are who we are & tho we are different there will be details or things that do hurt us / me .
    I dont belive we have to be hard , just accept this is who i am .

Men in the main appear to be hard tho underneath they really can be quite soft. & very senitive , its a myth all men are hard out tough
    If some thing is said to me i dont have to take that on board & let it effect me . tho i do at times so in part it was & can be i was not able to express who i was / am , tho now im just a woman & can express my self & i know things do effect me .

Just dont ever not be who you are .

Hey , iv cryed in front of people because i was effected by some thing that concerned some people i was with. . & from thier point i was seen as a male . it was not a matter of wether i was male or female its just me , & who i was / iam.

Im not a wimp ,just a soft caring woman. just remember we can do things that we dont think we are capable of , theres many sides to us that make us who we are.

...noeleena...

Honestly? No, i'm probably about average among my friends/family. Takes a lot to hurt my feelings, and when they do get hurt, I tend to not hold a grudge. I cry maybe once every couple of years, maybe. I guess I'm kind of a typical "guy" in a lot of ways.
    Last edited by Sedona; 02-10-2011 at 06:45 AM.
    -Sedona

Show me a sad movie and the water works start.
    I know how sensetive I am and well I have gotten used to it. I show my feelings and I cry, friends know and I don't try to hide it anymore and I feel so much better for not haveing to hide them. No they don't LOL for the most part, some do but now days the majority don't.

Oh gosh I am not sure if my feelings are tied to my passion as a crossdresser but I cry at simple things. Some TV commericials and the national anthem always get me.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I have to say that I feel I am definitely more emotionally sensitive than the average men and even some women I know , but of all of the people who know about my sensitive side none of them thinks it's a bad thing , more the opposite of an endearing quality in me.
    I use to be embarrassed about being so emotional but I have accepted that it is just another part of who I am as a person.
    Tomara

Oh yes I am very sensitive! I try not to watch a sad movie if there's other people around for I know the water works will start! I even have trouble thanking someone that done something nice!

Yes, I am more sensitive then the average male and maybe more sensitive then a lot of GG's I often wondered if there was a connection to my being a CD had anything to do with it. Along with being more sensitive I think I am more compassiate, understanding and warmer then the average male that is not gender gifted.

I am definitely more emotional than most men, but I tend to not let anything show. I am especially emotional when comes to moves with animals, guess that's why I avoid watching those moves when anyone is around.

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri Ray View Post
    Oh gosh I am not sure if my feelings are tied to my passion as a crossdresser but I cry at simple things. Some TV commericials and the national anthem always get me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    Yes, I am more sensitive then the average male and maybe more sensitive then a lot of GG's I often wondered if there was a connection to my being a CD had anything to do with it. Along with being more sensitive I think I am more compassiate, understanding and warmer then the average male that is not gender gifted.
    IMHO I think many who have accepted crossdressing (please, no division of terms, k?), have also come to terms with allowing more of our freedom of expression including emotions.

If I was watching Stallone towards the end of First Blood in the emotional scene of him stating "..its never over", in drab I would think 'bad acting..and stop being a whinny baby'

Put me in a dress, then it becomes eyes watering and 'poor baby, I can feel your pain'.

Now this is when I'm alone But I will have to add that I have become more emotional in the past few years..some of it is finally realizing that I withheld some freedom of expression due to those around me and it has nothing to do with dressing. I also realize that life's trama has also added to my freedom to feel. So anything patroitic or heartwarming can get to me..and I'm okay with allowing the feelings to go through me even if that means external expression is shown.

Now for Terri and Brandy's comments as it might be tied to crossdressing..maybe..taking into account what I have already said. But can some of us 'over do it' because we think that is the norm????

Do some of us think that women are emotional wrecks??? Cry at just anything or jump for joy with shreeks of happiness????

No, they don't..normaly but still..we see that in some.

In whatever reason you decide to grasp as to why you are more emotional (if you are), I would hope you feel the sense of freedom in it

Hugs,
    Marissa
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Yes I am,I find I cry at the drop of a hat these days and at the silliest of things,whether Its connected to my Crossdressing I dont know,but I dont think so.I'm sure theres a study in there somewhere lol
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

In my teens, and my 20s I was indeed noted as much more emotional. Not the weak kind, but definitely the more affected by movie scenes, or situations in real life. It is not rare for a tear to grace my cheek during a heart rending scene.

One of my friends said I had the emotions of a girl. Hmmmm.

LOL
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    Yes I am,I find I cry at the drop of a hat these days and at the silliest of things,whether Its connected to my Crossdressing I dont know,but I dont think so.I'm sure theres a study in there somewhere lol
    I find this too. I have no idea why, but sometimes almost anything will set me off. Then there are times where I don't feel like crying at all.
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

I am very sensitive. Movies, songs, National Anthem, inspiring speech, the least little thing, perhaps a memory. Seems like I always 'get something in my eye'.

Define average? I think a lot of guys are more emo than they let people know and a lot of women are heartless biatches. So I'm no more or less sensitive than the average human..
    Last edited by Karren H; 02-10-2011 at 12:22 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    I think that it kinda goes hand and hand honestly.

I guess i am . But I dont show it.

I doubt it really. Only more willing to admit it probably.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

No because i am your average person , well the law of averages says you will be a male or a female so i have to be in there somewhere,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Hot Blooded Space People
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    One of my friends said I had the emotions of a girl. Hmmmm.LOL
    Haha. My ex said that was one of the things that bothered her about me. Those exact words. Probably the closest anyone has ever come to expressly telling me that performing your gender is a social responsibility that most people expect XP

I know it sounds odd -but when I'm dressed up I act emotional .When I'm in normal male garb -I'm sensible,and never cry....

I always try to hide my emotions while presenting as a male (except when I am alone)

Absolutely not. Most of the time my emotions are very reserved--even for a guy. With certain friends I'll be somewhat more expressive, though it's only on very rare occasion that I let my true emotions and inner thoughts show. I find emotions to be an unfortunate side-effect of being human, which only get in the way of rationality. If I could, I would rid myself of all emotions, save happiness and maybe anger; without happiness I would have no purpose.