Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In General, Are You More Sensitive Than The Average Person?

I can be very emotional sometimes but the most of time i keep my emotions to myself

I definitely wear my heart on my sleeve.

Very much so though I usually think of the average person as insensitive! I've known since I was a child that I have more feelings and feel things more deeply than most.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I do tend to be quite emotional about some things! So I guess I am more sensative than the average man, but I don't think being a crossdresser has anything to do with it!! I am just me!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Yep, definitely more sensitive. It used to be really bad due to clinical depression, which has been held at bay more or less by the miracle of pharmaceuticals (legal ones, mind).

Aye, clinical depression is a pain. I've had it for awhile now, though I suffered in silence for three years without anyone noticing. At least it's a bit better now that I too am on antidepressants.

Quote Originally Posted by brassieres View Post
    I have to say that I surely am. Sometimes I wear my feelings on my sleeve.
    Know that being sensitive is not gender-related or cross-dressing related. I've seen the toughest women be as femme as it gets and lumberjack-looking guys cry at movies all the time.

Personally, I'm tougher than the average person, but it took many years undoing the damage a sheltered childhood can do to someone...

a bit nutty
    Yup, I certainly am. I'm a real sucker for sappy movies and even commercials. My wife will stare at me and quip "Are you crying???". I'll of course retort, "No, I was about to sneeze." "Oh sure you liar." I'm normally on an even keel though. I've never suffered from depression, but maybe undiagnosed anxiety (I've had a few panic attacks). Is any of this CD related? I don't really think so. It's just who I am, in male mode and female.

Ginger

yes , cry very easily over just anything anymore..........can still put on the brave face when i need to ,but the real me is very sensitive ,caring and wears emotions on my sleeve

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    The average person? Yes. The average woman? Ummmmmm, no. Not necessarily.

Kathi

No, I am always logical, calm and emotionally well-adjusted.

Why, did somebody say something about me? Who was it? Or are you asking because you think something is wrong with me? I know that's it, isn't it. Great here we go, stuff like this always happens to me. It is always me. I just don't fit in anywhere. I try and try but everything turns to s**t everytime. I should just give up. I feel like everybody is always out to get me. I didn't do anything to deserve this kind of treatment. So, go ahead, just tell me what's wrong with me. No let me guess...I'm just a loser, right? I could tell from the tone of your voice you never really liked me...just admit it. I am used to abuse...ok, I'm just gunna' hold my breath until I turn blue, that'll show em'! Ok ok, I'm ok. sort of, kinda...a little bit..

So, what's new with you? Gee, I like your blouse. Sorry, what was the question again...?

I guess I would say yes, but I prefer to label it empathetic...

Last edited by eluuzion; 02-12-2011 at 02:28 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Well, the truth is that men have as many feelings, with similar depth, as women. Our problem is that, in general, society does not appreciate men being emotional or at least only in very specific circumstances. One of those specific circumstances is grief. It is OK to show emotion, but we just can't let it go overboard.

For me personally, I have always reacted to very touching things that I see or experience. The difference is that 20 years ago, before I realized that I wasn't completely heterosexual, I would really try to limit my visible reactions. Since that time I'm much more relaxed about it. I'm not a blubbering idiot, but I know there are certain things that have a very deep effect on me.

Many years ago, Microsoft sponsored a competition among grade school kids. They had to complete the sentence:

"The most powerful computer in the world would..."

One of the answers, and I can't remember if it was the winning one or not, was:

"...let me see the World through someone else's eyes.".

That is SUCH a profound statement and it came from maybe a 9yr old. As far as I'm concerned, whatever it touches, it goes directly to the core; every time.
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 02-12-2011 at 05:15 AM.

Very sensitive and can get easily upset over little things. Keeps me awake at night.

I can't fight the urge <3 Breannah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    I know it sounds odd -but when I'm dressed up I act emotional .When I'm in normal male garb -I'm sensible,and never cry....
    Sounds about the same as me! if its odd then we, are odd together :P
    Bre <3
    Breanah <3 18 and loving life to the full!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/baby_breanah/sets/

"Are You More Sensitive Than The Average Person?"
    Hard to tell. I don't know any average people. I would suppose that there are some times when I'm more sensitive than others, and other times when I'm not.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I only know average from observation so maybe I'm more sensitive than average guys but certainly don't reach the observable level of the average girl. I easily tear up in movies or get choked up reading or telling about touching stories. It is getting worse as I get older, now with more lose of old friends, relations, etc...but perhaps that is normal.

I have always worn my heart and emotions on my sleeve. I love who I am. If you can't get emotional about something then you don't care or believe enough in it.
    I too have gone through, and currently am still coming back from, depression. Yes drugs are the answer. At least for this problem. I suffered through about 3.5 years with no one noticing or mentioning it. Now I have lost my wife to divorce and I can see why she wanted the divorce too. But emotional was exactly how I took this, cried like a baby, once I realized I had lost my soul mate. I still get choked up even though it has been 10 1/2 months since she declared for a divorce. I have always noticed I have more female traits, feelings, mannerisms, than I should.
    Anyway, if you see a dead animal on the road, deer, squirrel, cat, or dog, ask yourself this - how do I feel for/about the poor animal. If you are sad then I would say that you feel more deeply than the average male. I can in fact state that I get very sad for the poor animal which got run over. Did the driver even try to miss? Was it some insensitive p***k who accelerated and laughed? Yes I do wear my heart and emotions on my sleeve, and I am proud that I do. TTFN.

Danielle Patricia
    Welcome to 2012, only 11 months until the "Mayan" calendar ends, oh my!
    [SIZE="2"]“The Answer to the Great Question Of.....Life, the Universe and Everything.....(is) Forty-two.”[/SIZE]
    Douglas Adams (British comic Writer, 1952-2001)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    & , TTFN
    Danielle Patricia

I know what you mean Dani, I always say a little prayer and wish we had fences and tunnels for the little critters!

Gold Member
    What do you mean by that! Oh, not that kind of sensitive?

I am some. I wonder how much of it for some of us is being more sensitive or just letting out what is there and is generally tucked away by masculine expectations.

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    Yes I am very sensitive. Most things I see or hear affect me to a greater or lesser extent. I am also very apssionate about the things I do or get involved with.

On a lighter note; I get very tearful when watching movies, specially when I get to the happy ending scene. I love watching romantic comedies/dramas. I also love thrillers where the heros are intelligent, resourceful, non-hysterical women. The ones I identify with...
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female