Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mothers Always Know

Mothers Always Know

I have been dressing since I was at least 5 or 6, of course not fully dressing, just my sisters panties and bras back then. As I got older I graduated to mom's dresses and accessories. I remember when I was around 8 or 9 my mom found a few pairs of my sister's panties in my dresser, I can't really remember what happened when she did. In my teens I used to dress up whenever I could, I almost got busted so many times and I think I really wanted to but I was never confronted so I figured I was fine.

O.K zoom ahead to 2011.......

I am driving my mom home to pick up a few for her and my dad as my dad is in the hospital as he just had a quad bypass, he is doing great. My parents live about an hour from me so we had alot of time to chat about things, I tried to steer the conversation away from my dad and what has been happening because my mom has been saturated with it over the last 4 days. Anyway, we were talking about Valentine's Day and what I was going to buy my SO, I mentioned probably something slinky and see through but of course it would be more for me (meaning she would wear it but I would still benefit by getting to see her in it) to which my mom responded: "why do you still like to dress-up and wear make-up" ? Insert shock and silence here !!!!! I figured why deny what she obviously knew about so I just said, sure, whenever I have a chance. She wanted to know if I had told my SO which I have, and how she felt about it (doesn't mind at all and helps me shop and get ready sometimes). I asked her if my dad knew and she told me he didn't but my sister did because I always screwed up her make-up and didn't put her bras back correctly. For those of you that are wondering if your mom knows... it is true, moms know everything !!

Another little weight has been lifted. Although she didn't ask and I didn't offer to show her the finished product. Maybe someday........

Happy dressing,

Danni

I figure that my mother knew, but she never said anything about it. I know what you mean when you said "Mothers Always Know", it is just a feeling that one gets.

Ditto Elle, I never had my mother say anything but I always had the feeling she knew. Billie Jean

Mothers know all and suspect the rest!

I always thought that my mother knew too. Until the evening that I told her!
    She said that she had no clue!

Excellent story. We always fear rejection by those we love and it's re-assuring to hear that your mother was so matter-of-fact about it.

Zoe

My mother didn't have a clue until I told her. She was really surprised. I guess she didn't pick up the clues...

Aspiring Member
    Danni:

My Mother knew,so did both of my Sisters................But it was my Dad who bought me my first pair of ruffled panties for Christmas one year when I was eight or Nine.....How's that for a weird family?

Danielle
    Last edited by Danielle Gee; 02-12-2011 at 07:45 AM. Reason: spelling

both my mom and dad found out when i was in grade school caught me wearin sisters panties, then I turned into the black sheep of the familly oh and got my a** beat for imbarrassing them.
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

Sure my mother knew, I was having a talk with her one time and she said that she didn't rememberit was me, She thought it was my brother. But now that I think back. She must have just been saying that to make me feel better. Or to maybe give me a clue that my brother likes to play dressup also.

She truely was a remarkable woman, I wish she was still here.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Glad it went well for you. My mother had always suspected with me. Even though I became skilled in hiding my dressing from her after the first couple of times getting caught. She really was not all that suprised when I finally told her.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Mothers may not like it but they still love you. Mine told me once "You're a better daughter than (Hollywood actress name which I won't mention). I try to be a good daughter/son and she knows that. That's why she loves me.

It is true that moms always know Two weeks ago told my brother, sister,mom, and a few friends. To my surprise mom said that she knew but didn't know if I still did it or if it was only when I was a kid. What a relief - 100% acceptance from all that were told. Now to get the guts to have a heart to heart with dad, that ones not gunna be easy (he knows but don't get it).
    Just LOVE being censored! Why have a forum if you can't speak your mind!
    https://www.facebook.com/glorenz2

My mother caught me several times and even offered to buy me panties once. I was always embarrassed and denied my true self. Too bad for me because she would have been so supportive!

I think my dad would be fine with it. He has gotten very sentimental over the last few years and would just be happy that we are still all around to enjoy each others company. Over the last 4 years now he has beaten cancer and now a quad bypass so I think he realizes that life is too short to sweat the small stuff. If I told him I had to talk to him about something I know he would be relieved to hear that I am just a CD and I didn't go to the Doctor and found out I have something wrong with me as well. But I know it is not easy to get people to think like that.

A few years ago after a life of hiding I went to counselling to try to unlock all the shame and guilt and self-hatred. The first time I told anyone about dressing, and then I wanted to tell everyone, and admit the joy it could bring. I wanted to ask my mother about the early years, having denied anyone would know, as I recollected us walking together when I was maybe 7 or 8 and her asking if I wanted to get a kilt (we lived in Scotland, and quite a few boys had them for formal occasions). When I didn't quite turn down the idea, she added that of course I would have to wear girls' dark blue school knickers underneath. These being my passion of the time (I've grown up since), I very quickly said no, in as much of a tone of disgust as I could find. I used to wonder sometimes what would have happened if I'd responded more enthusiastically. And then, trpped in my guilt and denial, why had she asked?
    My mother died last year, and I didn't ever open out about that old story, nor did I want to trouble her as she might have felt responsible for how I was, even if I'd try to assure her otherwise. But a few months after her death, battling through a lot of difficult stuff, I promised to cheer myself up by finally getting a kilt - a ladies' kilt, and found a lovely one in blue-green tartan soon after in a local charity shop. And wearing my grown up underwear, coloured pantyhose, a matching top, and a great big smile, I stood in my lovely kilt in front of the mirror and said hello to my mother, told her that yes, to answer her question of so many years ago, I loved wearing these clothes, I was sorry not to have been able to tell her, I might not have been the prettiest girl, but it made me very happy and I hoped she would like to see this, wearing a kilt at last, that she would understand, and love me. And I accepted that my mother did know, and I felt since then that it was all right after all.
    Last edited by edina1; 02-12-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    That was touching, Edina.

I sometimes wonder if my sister or my mother knew that I had borrowed their things. I would like to think "no", but I also know that generally speaking, women tend to notice details way better than men do. If either of them have noticed, they had the tact not to mention it to me. If they had said anything, I doubt I would have been capable of dealing with it back then.
    Last edited by Jay Cee; 02-12-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks Jay Cee, a lot of mixed emotions, as ever....

Tact can be a great virtue at times - and I hope things feel Ok for you now. I eventually told my sister that I dressed, which seemed to be a surprise for her... said I would tell her anything she wanted to know (in full confessional, unburdening mode by then) .. but she didn't want to ask more and we still get on well, and talk to each other about lots of other personal feelings.
    Last edited by edina1; 02-12-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edina1 View Post
    I stood in my lovely kilt in front of the mirror and said hello to my mother, told her that yes, to answer her question of so many years ago, I loved wearing these clothes, I was sorry not to have been able to tell her.
    This brought tears to my eyes. Every now and then I miss my mother (like right now) and wonder how things would/could have been different with me if she had known. I can't help but think that she would've been supportive.
    I don't know if she ever suspected and I'll never find out. Don't have a clue if my father knew (he passed away 36 years ago).

So difficult to tell but how comforting to imagine there could be acceptance and support. In my case and in those times (late 1950s) it would probably have been embarrassed kindness and concern, referral to a child psychologist, and a well-meaning aim to 'cure' things, though decades later this might have been far more like acceptance. Things have come a long way.... and for us all.

my mom caught me when I was very young wearing my sisters clothes I wonder if she remembers ,she has never mentioned it

I wish that I knew that my mother knew; alas, she died quite a few years ago. I don't think that she knew, but next month I'm going to talk to and tell my older brother. If my mother knew, it's a pretty sure thing that she asked him about it. It won't surprise me if they both knew long ago.
    warmly, Linnea

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edina1 View Post
    A few years ago after a life of hiding I went to counselling to try to unlock all the shame and guilt and self-hatred. The first time I told anyone about dressing, and then I wanted to tell everyone, and admit the joy it could bring. I wanted to ask my mother about the early years, having denied anyone would know, as I recollected us walking together when I was maybe 7 or 8 and her asking if I wanted to get a kilt (we lived in Scotland, and quite a few boys had them for formal occasions). When I didn't quite turn down the idea, she added that of course I would have to wear girls' dark blue school knickers underneath. These being my passion of the time (I've grown up since), I very quickly said no, in as much of a tone of disgust as I could find. I used to wonder sometimes what would have happened if I'd responded more enthusiastically. And then, trpped in my guilt and denial, why had she asked?
    Speaking as both a crossdresser and a proud Scot that story really tugged at my heartstrings am glad in your own way you reconciled your feelings about your dressing.if you believe in the afterlife maybe you could wear the kilt when you are reunited with your mother

In my case my mother knew from early about me wearing her clothes (i was worlds worst at hiding it) and never approved,she always tried to dissuade me from doing it,also taking me to councillors etc,after I left home I was never sure if she thought I still did it until my ex told all.Fast forward to a cpl of years ago when she offered to house sit for me,She must have saw my hesistancy because she said to me not to worry she wouldnt snoop about my things,my dad well he still refers to it as "my little problem" so yeah I would say Mothers have a sixth sense and always know
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I know my mother knew and father knew then and he still may suspect. I got caught when I was about 12. My mother found my stash of panties, bra, and stockings. My father and I took a ride so he could talk to me. Looking back at that day I am still so shocked that my parents didn't blow a gasket. The drive and talk had more to do with the "question" than what I was doing. The "question" from my father was - "Are you Gay?", to which I replied - no, I am not Gay, I love girls. I just want to dress as a girl. Since my mother passed away 7 years ago I have noticed that I have more traits from my mother than my father. When I dress to the nines, I can actually see my mother when she was younger. I swear to god I was supposed to be a girl.
    As my ancestry is Scot and I am very proud of that fact, I have to ask. What clan was the skirt? I lay claim to Donnachaidh and McDuff. Robertson on my mothers side and Tennant on my fathers. I do have a kilt, "Prince Charlie", and the rest. I actually love the way the back swishes from side to side. When I wear it I actually enjoy the feeling. This feeling is the same feeling when I wear a skirt and "hose" as when I wear a kilt and "hose". To those uninitiated "hose" with a kilt is just very tall socks. Anyway sorry to ramble, TTFN.

Danielle Patricia
    Welcome to 2012, only 11 months until the "Mayan" calendar ends, oh my!
    [SIZE="2"]“The Answer to the Great Question Of.....Life, the Universe and Everything.....(is) Forty-two.”[/SIZE]
    Douglas Adams (British comic Writer, 1952-2001)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    & , TTFN
    Danielle Patricia

Wow, what a great opportunity to tak with her about your fem side. Your lucky. When my mom caught me in her pantyhose and heels; she beat the crap out of me.