Thread: So this should be fun

So this should be fun

The GG has wanted to see me with a beard, she thinks I could look like James Hetfield from Early Metallica days.

This is soo far from a Gothic look it is scary, but I have decided to oblige to let it grow out for a month or more, and if I like it, for a long while.

Now, this is the fun part....I intend to maintain my stance on androgynous styles.

What could be more androgynous than a trim long haired, bearded male, in a skirted outfit, done as tastefully or edgy as possibly.

This is a true excercise in running that thin edge of absurdity, and "wow".

So I really hope I can do it. Only issue is, though I can wear eye makeup, it will be very difficult if not impossible to wear pale foundation. I think it would get all mucked up in the beard. But I will give it at least one shot.

The last time I grew a beard it drove me nuts with being itchy, and it had to go after a month, and it felt so nice to have smooth skin again.

Another issue is, black wigs will no longer work. I have naturally copper hair, (I dislike by the way) so black wig and copper beard won't work.

We shall see what we shall see. If I don' the pics are too scary, I will post.

Perhaps this will be one more good piece in foundation in the structure of our relationship.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

You can always dye the beard black. I did that for years. Although I was trying to avoid the inevitable. Aging (sigh)
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm only a part-time girl, and I haven't shaved my handlebar since 1972. So I always present an androgynous look, even when fully en femme. This is pretty rare. A lot of people are "unisex androgynous" in the sense that they adopt an appearance that is not clearly male or female. I'm "polarized androgynous", because I present elements that are distinctly masculine (mustache, no make up) & distinctly feminine (skirts, breasts), both at the same time.

Nobody really seems to object that much--occasionally a frown or bugeyes, but a lot of smiles. And often I get compliments on my boots (high-heeled), necklace, outfit, wallet, &c.

Good luck with the new look, and keep us posted!

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Solidify the relationship, definitely. Dying the beard is always a choice, but, why not get a wig which compliments the beard. Doing the eyes and a pale face, with the clothes will still identify you as Goth. You may even like the new wig and decide later to shave and still use the wig. Anyway Goth isn't just the look, it's who you are, how you feel, your culture in society. Right? Go for it, I say!

Danielle Patricia
    Welcome to 2012, only 11 months until the "Mayan" calendar ends, oh my!
    [SIZE="2"]“The Answer to the Great Question Of.....Life, the Universe and Everything.....(is) Forty-two.”[/SIZE]
    Douglas Adams (British comic Writer, 1952-2001)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    & , TTFN
    Danielle Patricia

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Uh oh! I'm a bit worried where you're goin' with this, Pythos!

First, your tryin' out my facial hair. What's NEXT?

Tryin' on my masks? Eeek!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Try rubbing in some baby oil while the beard is growing out. It should help with the itchiness.

Waiting patiently for pictures.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    This thread immediately reminds me of the time a few years ago at our support group,there was a CDer turned up,she was dressed in stunning chinese dress,her makeup and hair goth and she sported a longish pink beard,she did have gorgeous feminine features,we were a little taken aback at first but she was made welcome.after a cpl months meeting she appeared minus beard,sadly Catherine passed away a cpl of years ago and we all remembered that day she first arrived,beard and all
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

the happy camper
    I can't believe you don't like the copper hair! My son's is that color and he has women coming up to him all the time saying how envious they are. Any chance you could grow the hair out long? If not, I'm in favor of matching the wig to the beard, rather than dying the beard.

I think the foundation can work. It shouldn't be any different from using foundation around your eyebrows.

Looking forward to pictures!

Well, my beard will be copper, but my hair is no longer as copper as it used to be...it is now more a brownish red color. Top that off with blond eyebrows. LOL.

No wonder I like black hair, and brows.

When my hair was truly copper, it was one of the things the bullies beat me up for, so my connection with my natural hair color is not all that treasured. I know red heads are associated with firery tempers, well, there is no bloody wonder. LOL.

"The red head did it" was a phrase commonly used when I got blamed for something that was someone else's doing.

Yea, real fun. LOL

But, thank you for the tips. I will see how this works.

I AM SO SHAVING THIS THING OFF THIS WEEKEND!!!!

LOL

I got a beard, and I don't like it. It is scruffy looking, and itches horribly. I have tried all methods suggested to reduce the itching, and it continues. So the thing is coming off. I also do not like the feel of it when I rub my chin when thinking. It is like little pinpricks.

I may post a few pics of it though before removing it.

a bit nutty
    Beards suck. It feels like a having a cactus on the face, and make a man look like a slob. Now, go ahead and grow your beard. Thinking of a beard, I'm imagining banjos playing, buck teeth, and a piece of straw sticking out of the mouth. Don't forget the cursory overalls with the one broken strap on top of the red long underwear....ugh.

I used to have a beard. It will get less itchy once it grows out more. But once you do shave, be sure to use lotion or baby oil after shaving, because your face will not have seen the razor in a while and will be less used to it. I'm guessing you won't keep the beard long term, but hey, it's good to try out different styles at least once...

It is gone!! Oh it is nice to see that porcelain smooth skin again. I completely moisturized my skin after words and it feels soooo nice. As odd as it sounds I look and feel younger too. Much more myself. Odd how that can be.