Thread: Perhaps all I want is a life a little less ordinary

Perhaps all I want is a life a little less ordinary

I wont attempt to answer the age old question of "why do I crossdress." However, I will explore what I seem to get out of it. Though most people would look at my life as a guy and describe it as successful, I look at it and I see ordinary. Rarely does a total stranger feel compelled to say anything nice to me, when I am out and about in drab. En femme, I always feel like almost anything can happen. People (men and women) chat me up like no one's business. I guess the bottom line is that CDing makes mefeel as if my life is far from ordinary

I can identify with this. I enjoy my life having complications, it mixes things up and keeps me on my toes.
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

Gold Member
    And that IS what life is supposed to be all about. Rather than living a hum-drum life where you get up, go to work, come home, eat, watch TV, go to bed, then repeat the whole scenario, there needs to be something to break it up...add spice to the formula. If it makes you happy, then do it...don't analyze it. I'm beginning to finally understand that now. Party on girl!!!!!

I would venture to guess that all of us CDer's lives are far from ordinary. We deal with our lives in different ways than non crossdressers, because we have to. But are our lives less than, or better than, 'normal'? Depends on your definition of 'normal'. What's normal to me, may not be normal to many others, and vice-versa. But I like my life, and I appreciate my life, so to me, my life is normal. Perhaps not ordinary, but normal.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Wow, this post hit home.

I can't stand mediocrity. I think it is soul damaging. As people say a lot, but don't really follow, "variety is the spice of life".

I love to get compliments on my makeup and looks, but at the same time I hate it when people rip into me for it.

But I also dislike how when someone tries to do something different, or innovative, they run into those that want to maintain the status quo, and in that effort want to limit people in their expression.

There is an Oingo Boingo song that references this societal insanity to "strive for mediocrity" Aptly name ...Insanity.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Interesting post, Jill! Altho, I've been too busy working, having fun, and trying new things my entire life! ( Over 60 now.)
    I don't believe I've NEVER felt "ordinary" at any time!

And, tho I don't go out dressed, at present I get a bigger charge out of my "secret life" than all of the rest of things I do!

Jill, if u feel ordinary in your drab life, u MAY need to make changes THERE! Job, friends, hobbies (ha ha!), etc.
    Or, if it totally blows your hair back, maybe you'd prefer to LIVE YOUR LIFE as Jill?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't consider my life ordinary... I go down in underground coal mines for a living and play ice hockey for fun... Any I'm usually the one initiating conversations with strangers no mater how I'm dressed... I don't think that just because someone want to talk to you because you dress up make life more un-ordinary...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    I guess the bottom line is that CDing makes mefeel as if my life is far from ordinary
    Wouldn't it suck if crossdressing caught on and everyone started doin it. I woudn't feel different and special anymore. As it is now I feel different from society, Like I have this little secret that no one knows about, And proably would never guess at. I feel like it lets me view the world trough someone elses eyes, And those eyes have never been open wider. That feeling is just as important to me as how I feel while dressed. I pride myself on being somewhat odd, And dressing just adds to my uniqueness.

a bit nutty
    The few times I have been seen crossdressing (ie Halloween), can be described pretty much the same way. People were fascinated with how I looked as a woman and much discussion ensued. I was "interesting" and I had fun! There certainly seems to be something to this "star" feeling. Obviously there is more to my crossdressing than this, but it sure strikes home when I think of it.

You are on to something there...

Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Stun View Post
    Wouldn't it suck if crossdressing caught on and everyone started doin it. I woudn't feel different and special anymore. As it is now I feel different from society, Like I have this little secret that no one knows about, And proably would never guess at. I feel like it lets me view the world trough someone elses eyes, And those eyes have never been open wider. That feeling is just as important to me as how I feel while dressed. I pride myself on being somewhat odd, And dressing just adds to my uniqueness.
    I remember when I was much younger, I tried on one of my mom's shirts. When I later found out that it was in fact, a mans shirt, the desire to wear it dropped to zero.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I do absolutely LOVE a challenge. Any challenge. When there aren't challenges, I make them up (e.g. how fast can I get done with this boring whatever!). I worried initially that becoming Tina was only that: a challenge. As we all know, transforming to the other gender is a WHOPPING challenge.

Luckily (I guess), as more and more of Tina has become "usual" and "normal" Tina is still special and, in a word, thrilling. For Tina and I, however, other people's approval or interaction really isn't necessary. Maybe it's the only child in me (i.e. I learned how to play alone) but just having Tina exist is a thrill, one that gets stronger with time.

tina

Quote Originally Posted by brassieres View Post
    I remember when I was much younger, I tried on one of my mom's shirts. When I later found out that it was in fact, a mans shirt, the desire to wear it dropped to zero.
    But wearing a shirt for a skirt isn't interesting, it's just wierd

Banned Read only
    Jill, sounds like you're getting out, I thought you said you couldn't because your SO would leave if you did? As a woman you are very, very attractive; you have such a beautiful, warm, friendly and enviting smile you draw people to you. Being in fem, enjoying your innerself as female must come through with all the attention you get. It's hurtful for you not to be able to be out and enjoy Jill as much as you would like, especially Jill's life allowing you to be so happy rather than the ordinary guy. Would be nice if your SO could be more flexible, guess she wants a guy in public and don't confuse your child. I would love to see the transformation from guy to Jill, maybe you could post some pic's. Please keep posting so we'll know how things are going.

My male life is anything but ordinary. It is always full of twists and turns and I enjoy them and doubt that it has any effect on my desire to dress. I've never found a good reason why I like to dress, I just do and get great pleasure from it. So, I will continue to explore my female side and enjoy the process without any guilt or self induced pressure.

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    I guess it all depends upon your definition of ordinary. Do something enough times and you desensitize yourself and those around you to it and suddenly what seemed so grandious, fabulous and exciting before, is suddenly mundane, dull and boring in itself. I discovered this in my male form being omewhat of an Adrenelin Junkie...pretty soon my motorcycle wasn't fast enough, I wasn't diving deeply enough when I went Scuba etc....
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian
    I wont attempt to answer the age old question of "why do I crossdress." However, I will explore what I seem to get out of it. Though most people would look at my life as a guy and describe it as successful, I look at it and I see ordinary. Rarely does a total stranger feel compelled to say anything nice to me, when I am out and about in drab. En femme, I always feel like almost anything can happen. People (men and women) chat me up like no one's business. I guess the bottom line is that CDing makes mefeel as if my life is far from ordinary.
    [SIZE="2"]This has a lot to do with why I crossdress – to feel separate from the ordinary, and harbor secrets that cannot be appreciated by the practitioners of normality. It’s enjoyable to be different in some way, and have the opportunity to express it this way, namely by changing one’s appearance. Are you feeling less than ordinary inside as well? That is the question, and the exploration or transformation you are engaged in may be more than superficial. To me, being male yet un-male is highly un-ordinary, yet satisfying…
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Jill, sounds like you're getting out, I thought you said you couldn't because your SO would leave if you did? As a woman you are very, very attractive; you have such a beautiful, warm, friendly and enviting smile you draw people to you. Being in fem, enjoying your innerself as female must come through with all the attention you get. It's hurtful for you not to be able to be out and enjoy Jill as much as you would like, especially Jill's life allowing you to be so happy rather than the ordinary guy. Would be nice if your SO could be more flexible, guess she wants a guy in public and don't confuse your child. I would love to see the transformation from guy to Jill, maybe you could post some pic's. Please keep posting so we'll know how things are going.
    Yes, I do get out-- on occasion when the boy's night is over and done with, I change (in the car, ugh) and go for a drive or a drink. These stolen moments are rare and all too stressful though.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    But I also dislike how when someone tries to do something different, or innovative, they run into those that want to maintain the status quo, and in that effort want to limit people in their expression.
    I really couldn't agree more. You need look no further than everything that happened in the Cultural Revolution of the 60's. Especially in that dynamic time, status quo was being challenged by our very freedom to express ourselves in an unlimited capacity. Watching "The Doors" always reminds me to avoid complacency and "the trance of normalcy".

I think you're right. I know when I'm out en femme, which is now pretty close to full time, that more people than ever before smile at me, approach me and engage in conversation, hit on me, say hello, etc than when I was a guy. Ironic too that it's also given me a HUGE boost in confidence and self esteem than I had before.. definitely nothing ordinary any more.. everything is a new experience to be discovered, an adventure and magic.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    I think it's a gift to be so questioning on the effects on how our crossdressing effect other people . I truely believe we are more perceptive , considerate in character than most other males . Perhaps our conciousness is greater ?
    The weird thing is , are there any crossdressers who DON'T question themselves ? It's a fact we are a critical breed , and I don't mean just on the subject of how we look either - but in every avenue of life .
    We are a very self observant , questioning folk , only ever wishing to please and spread happiness . That has to be applauded .

But we'll always continue to question OURSELVES .

Good thread .

Platinum Member
    Jill, maybe whe you're dressed you are more outgoing and more receptive - you're certainly gorgeous. All the more reason to get out there and enjoy life!