Thread: Shop till we drop

Shop till we drop

Later this month I have a birthday. I wish I could throw one or two back but they keep coming. For my birthday this year, I am doing something that I have wanted to do for a long time.

I am going to see a ballet as Michelle. This will require wearing a cocktail dress with heels. I will be dressed to the nines for the first time in my life. In order to prepare for this event, my wife and I had to do some shopping last night. While I wasn't dressed, I did get to buy something very special for Michelle. I bought a necklace with Blue Sapphires and Diamonds with matching earrings. They aren't real but they definitely look it. I have bought me 2 black cocktail dresses in recent weeks for some events coming up. So I have prepared everything that I can for this evening. So I am ready to go for me, but the wife needed some things. So we shopped for almost 4 hours until we were completely spent.

I asked my wife a few days ago what was the biggest revelation that she discovered since we got back together on New Years Eve. The answer was funny. She said that she never knew that I liked shopping. I still don't like shopping for my male side, but get out of my way as Michelle. I understand the fine art of trying things on and seeing what works. How you have to shop 20 stores for a single outfit sometimes to find all of the pieces that must fit together for that look.

When I attend the ballet I will definitely post pictures of me with the necklace and earrings. They are absolutely stunning. I have never had such a special birthday celebration. I might even decide to keep this birthday.
    Michelle

Sounds GOOD!! I also hate shopping for my male side, but like you watch out when I am shopping on the other side of the store.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Michelle, It sounds like you have a great plan and I'm excited to see the photos and read your story. Shopping is something that you need to practice if you want to do it right.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I really enjoyed the shopping with my wife. It didn't hurt that I got a few things for me as well.
    Michelle

What a great idea Michelle; good luck!! I have a birthday next month myself and just might do something similar! Thanks for the idea ;-)

Sounds like you're having a great time, Michelle! I'm looking forward to your post-ballet post!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I am most Happy for you about getting back together with your wife. At least I hope I took that correctly. The bonus is the shopping and dressing up together. But the most important thing is getting back together, congrats, TTFN.

Danielle Patricia

P.S. Oh, I forgot, Please post pics, thanks.
    Last edited by DaniPat; 02-14-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: P.S.
    Welcome to 2012, only 11 months until the "Mayan" calendar ends, oh my!
    [SIZE="2"]“The Answer to the Great Question Of.....Life, the Universe and Everything.....(is) Forty-two.”[/SIZE]
    Douglas Adams (British comic Writer, 1952-2001)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    & , TTFN
    Danielle Patricia

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Michelle, please do keep the birthday!! There is only one answer if you don't have it, and we don't want that answer!! Now as to the shopping! I have always found it much more fun to shop for feminine things, then plain old drab!! My late wife always wanted me to go shopping with her because she liked my taste in female clothing better than hers!! One reason being that I usually picked out things that were on sale!!

Hope your special evening was a real turn on!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

My birthday was the 4th of this month. I won $500 on a scratch off ticket friday and went shopping saturday. I bought 4 new tops and skirts. I'm going to wear the black skirt with the blue sweater top tommorow night when I go back to the Lipstick Lounge. I have enough shoes to do for right now but I'm always trying them on when shopping. You should see some of the looks I got when in drab and trying on women's shoes. Billie Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
    My birthday was the 4th of this month. I won $500 on a scratch off ticket friday and went shopping saturday. I bought 4 new tops and skirts. I'm going to wear the black skirt with the blue sweater top tommorow night when I go back to the Lipstick Lounge. I have enough shoes to do for right now but I'm always trying them on when shopping. You should see some of the looks I got when in drab and trying on women's shoes. Billie Jean
    Knowing South Tennessee like I do, yes you get some looks.
    Michelle

Have a wonderful time! I'll look forward to hearing about it and seeing your pictures.
    Hugs
    Margot

I’m looking forward to the pictures Michelle.
    What’s the ballet? I love Tchaikovsky’s three great ballets.

Hugs, SUZY

Silver Member
    Congratulations! Have fun and keep shopping your wife will love you more.

There are a lot of women who like to shop with a trusted partner. I have loved to shop for years as does my wife. It is our hobby and a great pastime together. Several of her friends like to shop with us. We have gone out of town on shopping trips with several of them. While I have never anounced that I'm a crossdresser, It is obvious that I seldom shop for men's things and I spend hours in the women's sections including lingerie while browsing through the racks. I've been asked what did you find and held up obviously fem things and openly wore them when we met up again.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I’m looking forward to the pictures Michelle.
    What’s the ballet? I love Tchaikovsky’s three great ballets.

Hugs, SUZY
    Romeo and Juliet on the 26th
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
    I bought a new pair of shoes for my night out anyway. Just couldn't resist it. They were gray pumps with a strap across the instep. Jacklyn Smith collection at K-Mart. I also got a gray blouse to wear. The cashier was friendly and never said anything about what I was buying other than Do you want the hanger for your blouse? Billie Jean

Sounds like fun!

I could tell you how it ends, but I don't want to ruin it for you...

HaveFun/BeHappy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Elle1946 View Post
    Sounds GOOD!! I also hate shopping for my male side, but like you watch out when I am shopping on the other side of the store.
    Ditto...my problem is; even if I run in for a drab pair of jeans...i end up on the other half of the store!

Awesome Birthday present Michelle! I hope the night is wonderful for you and your wife!

Michelle, Have a great time out! I hope its everything you want and .. it will be a great show!
    I do most of my shopping online right now. The few times I went shopping in guy form they always knew it was for me. Dont know how but the first time I got red as an apple. Not a busted giveaway or anything. Then I was buying a pink teddy and she said "This is going to look great on you!" So I said Thanks! Will it go good with my eyes? So we talked for another 15 mins about eyeshadows for blue eyes I was so happy! Smiled all day about that. but Im still new to a lot of this so the simple things are still makeing me tingle lol.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Michelle it all sounds so wonderful. Have fun at the ballet and I can't wait to see those pictures. I am sure you will be gorgeous. Oh lets us know if you figure out how to toss those birthdays back because there are several of us here that would love to know the secret.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer