Thread: Finally Pierced My Ears

Finally Pierced My Ears

So when I was about 13 years old I had two holes in my left year and wore earrings until I was about 17. Here it is 13 years later and I finally pierced both of my ears! I have been wanting to for the longest time but haven't because I was scared what friends, family, coworkers, etc might say. I had been talking to my wife about it for several months now and have been honest about my reasons (mainly for when I dress) and she gave me the thumbs up. I am super excited but very nervous now going into the office tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well.

Aspiring Member
    Well I guess it's about damn time. Get two in your right ear, you do not want to unexpectedly fall over from a lack of equilibrium.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I'm glad your wife is supportive and that you were able to be honest about this with her.

I doubt that many people at work will notice that you have had your ears pierced and those who do will probably be too polite to say anything.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I can't pierce now due to my work, but as soon as I go full time I am getting pierced ears. Maybe my belly button too if I can lose enough weight to show off my midriff!
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Is this still a big deal? I see guys here all the time with both ears done. My brother and brother-in-law have both done and no one has a problem. I'm asking because I'm going to get mine done but I don't want to be obvious. Honestly I don't care what somebody thinks but I don't want to be in your face either.

Good for you! 20+ years ago I had both ears triple pierced!

Quote Originally Posted by sara1985 View Post
    Is this still a big deal? I see guys here all the time with both ears done. My brother and brother-in-law have both done and no one has a problem. I'm asking because I'm going to get mine done but I don't want to be obvious. Honestly I don't care what somebody thinks but I don't want to be in your face either.
    Socially I don't think it is a real big deal. I think it may only matter depending on your profession. For my profession I work in a semi-casual environment but in other companies I would be expected to arrive to work in a suit. I know the earrings are allowed per my employee handbook but I know this would not be the case in other companies. I guess i will find out in the morning if my coworkers think it is a big deal.

I guess I'm lucky. My company is pretty open about piercings. The only thing they frown on are facial piercings and tattoos on the face. I should mention that I work for one of the bigger cable company's in the US.

I got both ears pierced in 2002... for a while I wore only studs... then I went to hoops and other styles... I generally wear medium hoops, yet i have worn very large hoops... I have always gotten complements, mostly from women, and a even a few guys... so i say have both ears peirced, and wear whatever you like... you will be amazed at the compliments... my GF and I did a road trip to california, and she was picking out earrings to wear, and invited me to pick out a pair of hers... when we came back she said i could keep them... so go for it... you will be glad you did...

Having my ears pierced is pretty high up on my agenda of things to do. Yet another step in my androgynynous casual look as it's another femme queue. Obviously it also goes without saying that a nice pair of earrings really add a lot to a nice femme outfit. I might have some trouble with this as far as my SO is concerned because she must be one of very few women without pierced earsM Wonder if we can make a pact and both have ours done together

Hey .... ME TOO ... my wife gave me the best Christmas present ... "permission" to get my ears pierced. So ... the week after Christmas I had them both done. Still waiting for them to completely heal though. Bought some nice gold hoops last week and swapped out the "starter" earrings. But, I'm still having trouble changing earrings ... last night I tried putting in "dangles" and could not get the left one in so my wife had to help me get the hoops back in. But I love it! Haven't had anyone make any comments (good or bad) about them ... though one kid (about a 10 yr old boy) did stare at me yesterday ... LOL

Mr. T has three holes in each ear. Pretty sure no one bothers him about it....

http://www.nndb.com/people/227/000025152/
    -Meri

Central Ohio

Congratulations, Im sure you will be fine at work. Pierced ears is definitaly on my to do list. I already have my tounge and navel, Whats a couple more in my ears.
    Let us know how things go.

I was working as a Paramedic when i got my left ear pierced. There was a huge fight because as you all know you have to leave the piercing in for at least 3 weeks for it to stay pierced and the County i worked for has a dress code that males could not wear earrings but females could. I fought this every way i knew how, but i was told repeatedly that it was a workplace hazard for males but not for females. To this day no one has ever explained to me the reasoning behind this. So I kinda stepped into the grey area of the policy and made a loop hole for myself, i took my earring out and replaced it with clear fishing line the same guage as my piercing. The county fussed but knew thet had no ground to stand on since there was no earring. Since then I have left the EMS field and now own my own business in Construction and now have both my ears pierced. Im around "manly" construction guys all day and no one says anything since they think im just expressing the hardcore rock scene since i listen to heavier rock. So it works out for me.

It's true that many men now have pierced ears and don't seem to think a thing about it. But I did worry about having my ears pierced (and what people would think) for so many years as many of us seem to do. I think it has to do with wondering if others will guess our motive whereas men who don't have that issue simply don't care. Once my wife gave her OK, there hasn't been a problem. I've only had one comment in the last two years and it was positive. We worry so much for nothing it seems. Being able to wear pierced earrings was a dream come true, way too long in coming...

ChanDelle

I have both ears triple pierced and no comments so far,just go for it and enjoy

Platinum Member
    Julie, That's on my todo list I just need to get the courage to go through with it.

Orchid

Aspiring Member
    Where I am working (just 9 people) they love to get into each others business and make nasty comments and jokes. The boss is okay with letting them tease as it is a boring tedious job that we do(???). As some have probably read my battle about my hair length. They teased until I went to the boss to complain. No one would say the "H" word except me (harrassment). He finally put a stop to it. But, I am not ready to go another round of harrassment yet. So no pierced ears for me right now.

I have 2 holes on the left and one on the right. When dressed I wear big hoops. During guy mode I match colors to my shirt (in both ears) and you would be freaked out if I told you where I worked and how it impacts everyone's life.
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

So today was the big day at work for me. Like I thought, literally everyone noticed. But then again I wore rather large white and black checkered studs. The reaction was mixed. A couple of men and women liked it and a few guys were against it. The funny thing was that one of the guys against it also had both ears pierced from when he was younger. Tomorrow I am swapping out the checkered studs for plain silver studs as they are smaller and more "work appropriate" for when I have meetings and stuff. I am proud that I had the courage to go in there and be myself.

The next piercing I would like to get is the belly button but my SO if definitely against that one as it is to feminine for her. We'll see if she changes her mind on that one.

I got mine done april 2009 and love them ive only had comments from 2 people but im sure many more have noticed . took my parents about a week to notice lol. Julie id keep those studs in for as long as possible so as not too disrupt the healing process . If you do change then get your wife to help incase the holes close over.